Beware Discogs Seller

Just a heads up, think it's only fair, forewarned is forearmed 'n' all that
There's a seller on Discogs selling the carvers with the scanned labels, and listing them as 'unofficial releases'
I ordered one and cancelled as soon as I read the release notes that state 'Bootleg' 'Scanned labels'. Not that many folk
would know to do this. Fair dinkum the seller did refund me in full, but they shouldn't be up for sale anyway is the way I see it.
The Pox is spreading from eBay into other sites.
Seller name?? PM me, I'm not that much of a twat.

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Listing them as, 'unofficial releases' seems like a fairly big clue about what you were buying to me and the seller refunded you. So what's the problem?

If there's a market for them people will sell them.......

....and no, I'm not the seller, nor do have any financial interest in anything like this but let's face selling  dodgy records has gone on since the year dot. We've all fallen for something too good to be true in a dark club or when a bit worse for wear or something, haven't we? Used to be 'all part of the fun'. 

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Guest son of stan

Ok sorry. Sounded like you didn't read the listing properly, then the guy refunded your money without a problem, then you came on here being all self-righteous and offering to 'name and shame'. My mistake.... 

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

19 hours ago, Northern Soul UK said:

listing them as 'unofficial releases'
I ordered one and cancelled as soon as I read the release notes that state 'Bootleg' 'Scanned labels'.

In discogian language Unofficial is anything that's not licensed properly, mostly bootlegs. Have you tried asking discogs staff about his business? Not all forms of bootleg business is allowed, especially if he makes them on demand. I can't remember exactly where the line gets drawn, but it's worth sending discogs staff a message.

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Hi Steve, (Leeds Central etc)

Calm Down , Calm Down ,totally agree about informing the Soul Crowd . Who is he ? I buy constantly off Discogs And they try to proclaim Unofficial Release  where  Possible . Unlikebig dealers who talk in vieled terms of second issues etc etc ?.EBay is full of fake countrefiete ; Watches,Clothes ,jewelry car brake parts! Costing millions but area guys selling bootlegs at £5.95( how do they do it ? ) LOL Very Best Regard Johnny Hart PS do you really feel good about foul language Eg ?Tw *T.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!