Toni Basil - Breakaway (Video)

Venus

Guest JJ Lopez from TX

Even today she is a superb dancer and judges Locking competitions around the world. Before anything, she's a dancer. She was an original Locker and part of the Soul Train Lockers. That alone is legendary status. She can move and in her 70s is as funky as any youngster on the floor. She's an original.

Here she is during last year's Judges showcase.

Edited by JJ Lopez from TX
Social source share

Guest JJ Lopez from TX
3 hours ago, billb said:

massive gap between the two records, 20 years(ish) Sad to think, Mickey must have been the big earner for her?

I'm not sure. I can ask her. But from what I've learned, I think its safe to say that it was. She has always been a Choreographer. Even worked with James Brown!

Social source share

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 16:38, Venus said:

I couldn't embed the link into the video section so for those of you who haven't seen this video? here is the link

https://vk.com/video10951839_161908231

I'm sure there are plenty of keen gardeners on here who would be willing to prune that bush? :thumbsup::rofl: ps please don't watch if offended by nudity in the clip.

Venus. Thanks for posting. Great tune from my misspent youth. Regardless of what the soul police will say. So many happy memories.

PS I love gardening

Steve. X

• Helpful 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, IanP said:

I think you're right,.  Not the worlds best singer, but a BIG record on the scene.

I agree..........like a lot of top NS tunes it`s a dancefloor filler with the perfect beat but if you really listen to it it`s obvious why it bombed at  the time. It`s pretty dreadful. 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!