Top 100 Soul LP's Articles

Good morning everybody. You're not wrong about the ITB list. I did it in Issue 17, April 2000, ten years after the Voices one. I'm not sure how to post a copy up at moment but may do so later (when my wife is around: she understands such things) if anyone is interested. I did go through the two and compare, though, just for my own interest and 47 of the top 50 from the Voices list were still in the Top 100 of the ITB one. Ashford & Simpson "Gimme Something Real", "Charlie Jones "Love, Life & Re-Ality" and Ollie Nighingale " Sweet Surrender being the casualties. 

In my recent Book, A & S have found their way back into my top 100, and although Charlie hasn't, I still gave it a very thumbs up review. Ollie will almost certainly make the Top 100 of my second Volume L - Z, which I am on track fro publishing in March or April of 2018. I'm currently up the the letter "R".

Thanks by the way to anyone who has bought it so far. Still a reasonable amount of copies left but when they are gone that's it. There will be no reissues. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, johndelve said:

Good morning everybody. You're not wrong about the ITB list. I did it in Issue 17, April 2000, ten years after the Voices one. I'm not sure how to post a copy up at moment but may do so later (when my wife is around: she understands such things) if anyone is interested. I did go through the two and compare, though, just for my own interest and 47 of the top 50 from the Voices list were still in the Top 100 of the ITB one. Ashford & Simpson "Gimme Something Real", "Charlie Jones "Love, Life & Re-Ality" and Ollie Nighingale " Sweet Surrender being the casualties. 

In my recent Book, A & S have found their way back into my top 100, and although Charlie hasn't, I still gave it a very thumbs up review. Ollie will almost certainly make the Top 100 of my second Volume L - Z, which I am on track fro publishing in March or April of 2018. I'm currently up the the letter "R".

Thanks by the way to anyone who has bought it so far. Still a reasonable amount of copies left but when they are gone that's it. There will be no reissues. 

Great listing both of them John.  Seem to remember your revised list in ITB 'shifted' a little more towards Southern Soul, which of course is no bad thing.

Still need to get you book - any idea when pt 2 will be out?

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!