What Is The Most Expensive C.d

Guest martinsbox

Guest martinsbox

Just viewed this in the wants section .- QUOTE(Rare Gems Of Soul @ Oct 23 2006, 03:10 AM) post_snapback.gifmusic.gif Mystery_Artist___do_you_love_me_like_you_say_you_do.mp3 ( 1.16mb ) Number of downloads: 143

I am searching for the following killer rare modern soul and funky 80's grooves :

I also have Ultra Mega Rare unreleased Dee Harvey 1998 CD "Old School" currently being offered on Ebay right now for an astonishing $2800 Thanks,

Alan.

So what is the most expensive C.D. you know of. Doesn't have to be Soul related . . . this has just got to be a laugh. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Martin

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just viewed this in the wants section .- QUOTE(Rare Gems Of Soul @ Oct 23 2006, 03:10 AM) post_snapback.gifmusic.gif Mystery_Artist___do_you_love_me_like_you_say_you_do.mp3 ( 1.16mb ) Number of downloads: 143

I am searching for the following killer rare modern soul and funky 80's grooves :

I also have Ultra Mega Rare unreleased Dee Harvey 1998 CD "Old School" currently being offered on Ebay right now for an astonishing $2800 Thanks,

Alan.

So what is the most expensive C.D. you know of. Doesn't have to be Soul related . . . this has just got to be a laugh. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Martin

Theres a very rare Beatles promo CD on the Apple label, meant to be only 4 ever made. A well known Beatles collector showed it to me once (it was his prized possession!) and he reckoned that if any were ever auctioned then price would be around the £10,000 mark!!!

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Theres a very rare Beatles promo CD on the Apple label, meant to be only 4 ever made. A well known Beatles collector showed it to me once (it was his prized possession!) and he reckoned that if any were ever auctioned then price would be around the £10,000 mark!!!

Don't lie!! The Beatles weren't together when CD's were made. Can't be an original . . . a 60's original CD, never in a million years. biggrin.gif

Martin

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Vastly overpriced IMO but what the hell, if Don Gardner's currently over £7000 in J M's auction who are we to judge?

Here's the link to the disc in question if any of you want to buy it shades.giflaugh.gif

https://cgi.ebay.com/DEE-HARVEY-Old-School-...7QQcmdZViewItem

Will post up some soundclips in a bit.

Mart...

At least the shipping costs have been kept low! whistling.gif

Martin

Social source share

Just a thought BUT why don't we keep it to Rare Soul CD's only?

Gotta be lots of CD only tracks knocking around that attract fairly big money - not talking £1000's BUT there plenty at say £20-£50 which is what i consider to be 'rare' in Soul CD terms!

There's plenty of 80's/90's rare CD's (Bert Robinson's first CD etc) plus loads of 60's/70's unreleased tracks on 'hard' CDs (Jackie Ross - Trust in me, David Ruffin 'David' CD etc)

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Just a thought BUT why don't we keep it to Rare Soul CD's only?

Gotta be lots of CD only tracks knocking around that attract fairly big money - not talking £1000's BUT there plenty at say £20-£50 which is what i consider to be 'rare' in Soul CD terms!

There's plenty of 80's/90's rare CD's (Bert Robinson's first CD etc) plus loads of 60's/70's unreleased tracks on 'hard' CDs (Jackie Ross - Trust in me, David Ruffin 'David' CD etc)

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Steve

Steve's right. No one should be suprised, just cuz the format changed, dosn't mean that many records, lp or singles weren't still badly promoted, only done on small pressing runs etc, etc. The format changed but the black music industry didn't. I've loads of hard to find stuff, got one deal out of an old record promo man in Detroit and hadn't every seen 50 per cent of the stuff I got before. A lot of it is sitting up on the web site for sale at the moment. www.beatst.com

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

what do we mean in what is rarest cd cause if it means in terms of price like a record i own a PWL cd ton of hits from 1990 or something and that is listed in price guide for like £25 or something.

Plus for soul music i am sure there are loads of cd's out there that are deleted that could be rare. I have Jimmy James greatest hits but his cd's are not hardly made

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!