TMG 575 SAME BOTH SIDES -Label err

soulgrooves

Hi,

Just a quick one if anyone can give info on the following 45.

THE SUPREMES - PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE / YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE 

UK TMG 575 ORIG KT SOLD SUBJECT ETC not middle.

What I need to know my friend has a Orig (( NOT RARE I KNOW )) but it has the PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE LABEL BOTH SIDES but plays YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE on the other end side as it should.

Is this a common error on this 45 ? Or more collectable Rare error . Any info appreciate it 

PIC ENCLOSED  - thanx Soulgrooves

20170118_122710.png

Social source share

Can't help with your question but a mate of mine bought a well known Motown release, can't remember which from a charity shop two years ago picked it up and put it down due to it being run of the mill then realised it had same label on both sides, I think there has been an explanation on another thread on here as to why or how this can happen at the pressing plant.

Social source share

Generally, where loads of records are pressed up, occasionally the machine operator may pick up the wrong label and a record may get two A, or two B side labels pressed, and if they're not noticed, can go out to with the rest. There are thousands of examples, although each one can be unique, or limited to a couple of records only.

There's other ways this could happen, resulting in a couple, or a lot of misspresses. A common error is A and B labels reversed.

So what you have is quite common in terms or records, but "possibly" unique, or as close to unique as makes no difference, in terms of TMG 575.

Cheers
Mick

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Hi, I know this is a bit of a tangent but I have a Specials 45 (the Ska band not the Soul group) with the actual track same on both sides (I.e. The b side plays on both sides but the labels are different having the correct a & b sides). I'm not a big collector but haven't come across this elsewhere.  Is it rarer that labels being mixed up? 

Thanks Al.

Social source share

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 12:35, soulgrooves said:

Hi,

Just a quick one if anyone can give info on the following 45.

THE SUPREMES - PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE / YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE 

UK TMG 575 ORIG KT SOLD SUBJECT ETC not middle.

What I need to know my friend has a Orig (( NOT RARE I KNOW )) but it has the PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE LABEL BOTH SIDES but plays YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE on the other end side as it should.

Is this a common error on this 45 ? Or more collectable Rare error . Any info appreciate it 

PIC ENCLOSED  - thanx Soulgrooves

20170118_122710.png

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!