What Does It Take?

Guest Brian Ellis

hi SAM,

Very thank you for your reply. I am not interested to have it on a tape, i prefer try to find it on a record.

Do you know the value of this record. Is it still possible to find it ? in england ?

If you want to sell it later, contact me.

Thank you

blnhyc@wanadoo.fr

link

Not sure of the value, I managed to pick it up pretty cheap and havn't seen one for sale since...

If I do decide to sell, I'll let you know. whistling.gif

Sam

Social source share

• Replies 58
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Somehow i totally missed this post, anyhow i've heard a few of the versions including the main players, and Motherlode (Revolver) wins the day for me, still like to hear the 5th Dimension though, plus that reggae version is very good, can imagine getting hammered to that on a Sunday afternnon.

Brett

Social source share

Somehow i totally missed this post, anyhow i've heard a few of the versions including the main players, and Motherlode (Revolver) wins the day for me, still like to hear the 5th Dimension though, plus that reggae version is very good, can imagine getting hammered to that on a Sunday afternnon.

Brett

link

Copy of the Motherlode on Revolver (Canadian issue) in my sales if anyone is interested....

£60 including p+p to UK

WOOF!

Social source share

As listed on Allmusic.com,these are known versions of What Does It Take(To Win Your Love),alright B.J Thomas doesn`t get a mention nor todays pop trollop,but it lends a hand to a poll on here.

Johnny Bristol

California Raisins

Candy Duff

Coon Elder Band

Alton Ellis

Kenny G

Hearts Of Stone

Don Julian

Ronnie Laws

Eddie M(?)

The Manfreds

The Moments

Motherlode

Pride & Joy

Santana

Tony Joe White

The Younghearts

Of course the site doesn`t know of the Northern ones etc so add as you please after these;

Electrifying Cashmeres

Bay Brothers

BJ Thomas

We could all try and track an audio file for each one,especially those on night shift!.

link

not forgeting

the power of brass more-what does it take to win (inst) forgot label it is the the b side of strange played at the mecca

mark

Social source share

Hello SOUL SAM,

Is it possible to give me your address mail.

Mine is :

blnhyc@wanadoo.fr

You can directly answer me at this mail.

Long time ago i met you at one of the party with ROD DEARLOVE but i don't remember where it was ( near sea...)

Thank you

Nicolas

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest remus

Thanks John - I'll check it out, very helpful. 

Pete-S not quite so helpful - why bother making comments if they are not going to contribute anything to the debate!

Brian

link

:thumbsup: here here, start a topic about 60's white pop, watch him rant, yawn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert