'give It To Me' - Any Info?

Guest Marisa

Hi everyone

I've been listening to a tape that I got off John Manship years ago, which has a track on it that i've never managed to track down but would like to get a copy of. I lost the track listings so don't know who it's by but thought one of you SS'ers could help me out.

The words are:

'Give it to me, I just can't wait forever'

'Give it to me I just can't wait forever'.....da da da da da ......I just can't wait forever.............................................'

'Give it to me yeah'

'Give it to me, if you wanna get it'

'Uh! Give it to me'.....................

There are verses in between but this is the (very memorable) chorus. It's mid-tempo and sounds mid-late 70's.

Info anyone please?

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mike + Censations on Highland.......also Bo Kirkland and Ruth Davis.... smile.gif

Thanks for your help in shedding more light on this for me. Does this mean that there are other versions and what are they like compared to MJ Kirkland? Listening to this download beats listening to it on an ancient, poor sounding cassette tape so thanks again.

Social source share

Thanks for your help in shedding more light on this for me. Does this mean that there are other versions and what are they like compared to MJ Kirkland? Listening to this download beats listening to it on an ancient, poor sounding cassette tape so thanks again.

Beleive that there were two different releases on Bryan with different B sides, cant remember the details..............anyone ??.

Russ

Social source share

That's it. I thoght it was James or Charles Kirkland.

Is it available on vinyl or cd?

Thanks

Hi Marisa,

You should be able to get a copy from someone on this forum for probably £25 - £30. He also did a couple (or more?) albums which contain superb tracks and although they are very rare and expensive on original label, they have been re issued so you can easily get them.

Jordi

Social source share

What's the other stuff like?

As mentioned.....the two LPs on Bryan.....'Hang On In There' which includes Give It To Me and the phenomenal complete A side (What Have We Done / Where Is The Soul Of A Man? / Hang On In There).........and the highlight on the 'Doin' It Right' album You Put It On My Mind.

Both were reissued on Luv n Haight LP or CD.

Also love his funky 45 on Zay - The Prophet....not on either LP originally but I think was included on one of the Luv N Haight CDs.

Worth checking too his stuff as Bo Kirkland (& Ruth Davis) on Claridge. You're Gonna Get Next To Me, full length LP version, is a Caister classic that Hilly used to 'sing' alternate lyrics over the top...... :thumbsup:

Cheers Gareth

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!