Louis Paul Change Will Do You Good 'Reissue'

Andyf

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Its one of those that Ian Levine had something to do with.

Dead wax details
The Change Will Do You Good
Reading anti clockwise from 11 0 clock; RE – UM 1001 A then a space RC then another space and what looks like a small oval shape with two horizontal lines running through it.
I’ll Never Have You
Reading anti clockwise from 11 0 clock: RE – UM 1001 B then a gap and a circlular shape with an oval going through it (a little like a “Saturn” )
This one really looks the part but again the labels are slightly too small. No circular pattern on the label.

Social source share

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, weingarden said:

I was confused. Thought he was talking about the original.

Could someone explain "no circular pattern on the label"?

On some recent presses, not just these bootlegs Ian Levine was involves with but ones like Don Gardner look a like reissue you can see a circular imprint on the label from the vinyl underneath....Don Gardner attached so you can see the circular effect on the label 

56ab6adec4d00_DonG.JPG.ee79d05a6ad836b0ab900a59c6991b6f.thumb.JPG.2c78d7795398c57213599f1c0afe9826.JPG

Social source share

Got it. I got my copy from a very reputable source this year, I trust him, but something seems slightly off about the record. Runout has 101 and not 1001, yes, but the vinyl seems very flimsy, and the sonics aren't as full-sounding as I'd expect. I guess it's just the way the record is.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!