Middleton Civic 3 Room Allniter Sat Oct 28

Guest Andy..

just got home from middleton allniter. got to say one of the best niters at middleton ive had this year.CARL WILLINGHAM in the main room djing totaly blew me away( playlist if poss) who needs to listen to played out oldies when there is class music that Carl played.

Andy this niter you run does you proud keep up the good work.

now to try and get Sunday over with.l.ol.

Edited by Andy..
  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well said Andy this venue just goes from strength to strength thanks to all the djays for playing some top tunes and for Carl for giving me info on my wants list and was nice to see Steve Smith,Molly,Flanney,Chris Morgan,Harry, and all the other very friendly people in the venue maim room was buzzing allnite paid several visits to the modern room ..a big thank you to Andy and the rest of the crew for making this a great niter venue.

Malc

Thanks to Andy for the invite thoroughly enjoyed whole event. Is it a first to get a request by text whilst you are DJing :) . (and no it wasn't get off :thumbsup: )

Carl Willingham's spot in the main room was as close to perfect as is humanly possible IMO.

Only downside was missing Lifeline :( other wise a superb night all round.

hi people

was due to go to middleton as mr mccabe had saved me a table

but couldnt go at last minute,Sorry Andy

no point in e-mailing you as it was 9 and you would of already been at venue

as id had a few beers,and mate wasnt going :thumbsup:

had a few new things for sale,as well as big box of R&B

oh well ,will be at next one :)

Edited by keithw

Well said Andy this venue just goes from strength to strength thanks to all the djays for playing some top tunes and for Carl for giving me info on my wants list and was nice to see Steve Smith,Molly,Flanney,Chris Morgan,Harry, and all the other very friendly people in the venue maim room was buzzing allnite paid several visits to the modern room ..a big thank you to Andy and the rest of the crew for making this a great niter venue.

Malc

Great to see you Malc, didn't manage to catch up with you later everything a bit hectic in a good way , i had a brilliant time thankyou to Carl & Maria for inviting me to spin a few tunes....it was a pleasure , such a receptive crowd and such a great vibe........best night i've had for a long long time, playlist in a rough sort of order.....

EDDIE FLOYD : THAT'S ALL (STAX LP)

SEGMENTS OF TIME : ARE YOU TOO BLIND TO SEE (SUSSEX LP)

JOHN BYRD: I'VE GOT WHAT YOU NEED (20th CENTURY LP)

THE GIFTS:TOO FAR AWAY (BALLAD)

BOBBY WOMACK:TRUST ME (MINIT)

S.O.R : THAT'S HOW I FEEL (KING)

VIOLA WILLS:I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU (SUPREME)

ELOISE LAWS : I THINK YOU NEED LOVE (UNISSUED)

CITY LIMITS : YOU SHOULD KNOW (C/U)

BOBY JONES :TALKIN BOUT JONE'S (EXPO)

LIVING COLOUR: GOTTA STRANGE FEELING (MADHATTER)

JOHNNY WILLIAMS : LOVE (PIR)

DWIGHT THOMPSON: MAN OH MAN (POKER)

JOE GRAHAM : BLESSED (CHANT)

DEWEY JEFFRIES : WHEN NO ONE CARED (GARY-DEW)

JOSHIE JO ARMSTEAD : I GOT THE VIBES (GOSPEL TRUTH)

EMMETT GARNER JR : SO MUCH BETTER (MAXWELL)

BILLY JONES :I'LL KEEP HOLDING ON (DECCA)

FRANK EVERETT :SPELLBOUND (BIG SMOKY)

FREEDOM :CAN'T YOU SEE (FREEDOM)

FRANK DELL :WHAT MORE CAN I DO (VALISE)

MILLIE JACKSON :HOUSE FOR SALE (SPRING)

SAM DEES: WHAT'S IT GONNA BE (ATLANTIC LP)

THINK THAT'S ABOUT IT, THANKS FOR ALL THE FANTASTIC FEEDBACK,BRILLIANT SET BY JOHN BAXTER, JUST A BRILLIANT NIGHT, HOPE TO DO IT AGAIN SOON !!!

CHRIS M :)

Edited by bearsoul

Many thanks to everyone packed dance floor at 7 30am is what its all about for me,all the djs were great as usual des parker was very impressive but that new lad willinghams got a few nice bits as well :thumbsup: .The backbeat boys were top notch again and carl and marias room is becomeing a niter on its own,it also helps haveing a management team that cant do enough for you.Next nite is the xmas party on 29th dec which is a fri,so that means you can go to quinvys burnley niter on the sat and lifelines new years eve bash on the sun :) .

Guest kid mohair

As, usual top nite, top people, and top venue spent allnight in the RnB room some quality tunes being spun in there, getting back home took forever!!!! so untill next time. :)

Had a great night, personly a few too many 'oldies' for me in the main room, but plenty of highlights.....Caught a bit of Mr Westons spot as usual great stuff from the man...ventured down to the backbeat room during his spot and i have to say Alice (appologys forgot your second name) spot was absolutely kicking some real tough R&B, a fantastic spot, Flanny played some corkers, Des played a great spot, Mr Soul/Al Scott, Lonnie Russ et all.

One last thing Carl Willingham is a god!

The odd one in his spot wasn't overly keen on but must say it was tremendous right from the word go when he kicked it off with Teardrops.

I really hope carl will become a main room fixture at middleton he had the place 'rockin'

Had a great night, personly a few too many 'oldies' for me in the main room, but plenty of highlights.....Caught a bit of Mr Westons spot as usual great stuff from the man...ventured down to the backbeat room during his spot and i have to say Alice (appologys forgot your second name) spot was absolutely kicking some real tough R&B, a fantastic spot, Flanny played some corkers, Des played a great spot, Mr Soul/Al Scott, Lonnie Russ et all.

One last thing Carl Willingham is a god!

he is more than a god!

The odd one in his spot wasn't overly keen on but must say it was tremendous right from the word go when he kicked it off with Teardrops.

I really hope carl will become a main room fixture at middleton he had the place 'rockin'

THANKS ONCE AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THE CARL WILLINGHAM SUITE AND THE WONDERFUL FEEDBACK WE RECEIVED. ALL OUR GUESTS PLAYED GREAT SETS AND THE DIVERSITY WE AIM FOR WAS TRULY MET. HOPEFULLY PLAYLISTS WILL BE POSTED WHEN EVERYONE COMES ROUND A BIT, MY OWN INCLUDED BUT FOR NOW AS ANDY REQUESTED HERE IS CARL'S MAIN ROOM SET TO CELEBRATE MR.SOULTOWN'S RECENT BIRTHDAY.

MILTON JAMES - MY LONELY FEELING

EMPIRES - YOUR ON TOP GIRL

LONNIE RUSS - SAY GIRL

IMPERIAL C's - SOMEBODY TELL HER

BINGO JOE AND HIS GUM BANDS - UNISSUED ACETATE

HOLLYWOOD FLAMES - C/U

ROYAL 5 - MY BABY CARES FOR ME

MOMENTS - YOU SAID

CODY BLACK - IT'S OUR TIME TO FALL IN LOVE

LEN BARRY - LOVE,LOVE,LOVE

I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU - ORIGINAL ACETATE

LESTER TIPTON - THIS WON'T CHANGE

WALTER AND THE ADMERATIONS - MAN OH MAN

THE OXFORDS - IT'S YOU

JOE JAMA - MY LIFE

ADMIRATIONS - YOU LEFT ME

JACKIE DAY - NAUGHTY BOY

MAGNETICS - I HAVE A GIRL

- WHEN I'M WITH MY BABY

HAYES COTTON - BLACK WINGS HAVE MY ANGEL

ERIC MERCURY - LONELY GIRL

SOUL BROS. INC -TEARDROPS

PATRINELL STATEN - LITTLE LOVE AFFAIR

SHEEPHERDERS - IF EVER YOU NEED ME

JOHNNY HONEYCUTT - I'M COMING OVER

TAMMI LYNN - RUN AWAY

TAKE CARE AND KEEP SAFE

MARIA AND CARL

Guest andrew bin

cracking night as usual well worth the trip thumbsup.gif Carl was superb, hasn't lost the magic :thumbsup: Chris Morgan played an absolute blinder as did Pete French both of them in Carl & Maria's room (i love that room ) top night allround 3 rooms 100% quality

Got to agree with whats already been said....IMO this is the best nighter around at the moment :thumbup:

I wouldn't do the 500 mile 8 hour round trip if it wasn''t....

Arrived at 11.30, and thought Dave Rimmer set the bar with his set....bloody fantastic :thumbsup:

and it stayed at that level for the rest of the night.

I ventured into the Willingham suite a couple of times...unheard of for me, but when you hear tunes like Jimmy 'Bo' Horne, you realise it's not as scary as you thought it might be!

Even with the extra hour with the clocks going back, the time just flew by and all too soon Robbo was playing the final set...I'm not surprised the dancefloor was packed at the end, he knows what's needed to finish the night off in style. Nice one mate!

Cheers to Andy for reminding me to lock my car up this time whistling.gif

See you at the next one!

Good to see all my mates from darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn South, you will be talking like us soon rolleyes.gif ...Another good night at Middleton indeed...Baz said it all really...Mr Willingham on the main stage :thumbsup: ..Time to rest the legs now...

Steve hows your new little friend :thumbup:

NORTHERN%20SOUL%20MENS%2045%20T%20SHIRT.jpg

Once again a superb night and 5mins from home whistling.gif Highlight of the night for me had to be the return of Mr Carl Willingham to the main room. Pure Class. Thank You.

Andy once again a big thanks for letting me spin a few tunes. My playlist in no particular order.

Linda Lyndell. Bring your love back to me. Stax

Sandra Phillips. World without sunshine. Broadway

Sam & Kitty. I,ve got something good. Four Brothers.

Steve Karmen. Breakaway. UA DJ.

Gloria Parker. Best thing for you baby. Samar DJ.

Little Richard. I dont want to discuss it. Okeh.

Helen Sharpiro. Stop and you,ll become aware. Columbia.

Billy Thompson. Black eyed girl. Wand DJ.

Percy Wiggins. It didnt take much. RCA DJ.

Jeanette Williams. Something good got a hold on me. Backbeat.

Mel Williams. Can it be me. Modern

Johnny Bragg. Theyre talking about me. Elbejay.

Dottie Cambridge. Cry your eyes out. MGM DJ.

Cobblestones. Trick me treat me. Mecury.

Joey Dee. How can i forget you. Caniel.

Linda Elliott. Fell in love with you baby. Josie DJ.

Ted Ford. Your gonna need me. Sound stage 7 DJ.

L Allen. Can we talk it over. Green Dolphin.

Kelly Garret. Loves the only answer. Smash.

Linda Jones. Just cant live my life. Warner Bros.

7 Dwarfs. Stop Girl. Ideal.

Ad Libs. New york in the dark. AGP.

Chiffons. Nobody knows whats going on my mind. Festival.

Carl Spencer. Cover Girl. Rust DJ.

Steve

what can i say??...what can i say...night starts of at the hideaway,always a fab night

and then onto middleton, where again an absolute storming night,was fantastic to see Alice again,its been too long love,hope the voice comes back soon.

It just does,nt get any better than that :huh: fantastic venue wonderful friendly people

great music....here,s to the next thumbsup.gif

yea, have to agree with what everyone else has said - twas a great night indeed!

said hiya to StevieT this time! :yes:

QUOTE(Baz @ Oct 29 2006, 09:04 PM) post_snapback.gif

Had a great night, personly a few too many 'oldies' for me in the main room, but plenty of highlights

my fella said summat like what you said there Baz, as we were walking out, but then he did say straight after summat like "but it must be what the most people wanted cos the dancefloor was full and when a more modern record came on did you see that most of people sat down!?"

i personally had a gr8 night (first time at Midd) and would definately go again! yea it was packed but unfortunately we (me and tony my fella) only lasted while bout 4.30 :huh: - this was after the clocks had gone back tho may i add! thumbsup.gif

that 'lil room up the stairs was tooooooo hot tho! i could feel myself slowly suffocating in there and only lasted bout 1/2 hour then had to come out for air!

cyas :DwAvy

Edited by wAvy

well no surprise there then eh?! hahahahah! :D:D

i think Lou enjoyed herself too - plenty of guys givin her the eye! :yes: and so they should, she's a lovely girl. sorry i'm trying to match-make now! blush.gif:huh:

wAvy

you don't remember Lou?!! she had a wrap dress on similar to that of B's except hers was brown and white and not blue and black! she had long dark hair. she was there at the hideaway club beforehand.

hey infact i know this is the midd thread, but Stevie, how i said in the Bury alnighter last week that i will get them pics off my phone, well im gonna post all 3 (yes 3) of em up in the gallery section! you are on one of em but as i said - very blurry! well it's not my fault you all kept moving is it!!!!! lo! rolleyes.gif

anyway, i took pics of Lou stood at the bar at Midd on Saturday so tonight i'll transfer em to my mp3 player and then onto here and post em in the same gallery pics as the bury ones k? so gimme 5 mins and then go check out the gallery section and remember to check it out tomorrow too for the midd ones i add to it.

wAvy

you don't remember Lou?!! she had a wrap dress on similar to that of B's except hers was brown and white and not blue and black! she had long dark hair. she was there at the hideaway club beforehand.

hey infact i know this is the midd thread, but Stevie, how i said in the Bury alnighter last week that i will get them pics off my phone, well im gonna post all 3 (yes 3) of em up in the gallery section! you are on one of em but as i said - very blurry! well it's not my fault you all kept moving is it!!!!! lo! rolleyes.gif

anyway, i took pics of Lou stood at the bar at Midd on Saturday so tonight i'll transfer em to my mp3 player and then onto here and post em in the same gallery pics as the bury ones k? so gimme 5 mins and then go check out the gallery section and remember to check it out tomorrow too for the midd ones i add to it.

wAvy

OHHHH!!!...so thats lou :huh: hubba..hubba,she was very quiet,B was doing all the talking

and dancing.

I am always blurry,even in real life :D i can never keep still,just like a wirling Durbish

thats me!!

wAvy

Wavy....thats the best photo i have seen of me yet :huh: keep em like that :D

Guest Neil Taylor

we had a cracking night once again at middleton,some top stuff played,but agreeing with baz a few to many oldies played as well,but as they say"you can`t have everything"........thanks to the dj in the r&b room for the bobby marchan track,what a record r&b with a bag full of soul.bought it today $20.....neil.

we had a cracking night once again at middleton,some top stuff played,but agreeing with baz a few to many oldies played as well,but as they say"you can`t have everything"........thanks to the dj in the r&b room for the bobby marchan track,what a record r&b with a bag full of soul.bought it today $20.....neil.

only one moan about sat night no Soul Sam :angry:

cracking night as usual well worth the trip thumbsup.gif Carl was superb, hasn't lost the magic :ohmy: Chris Morgan played an absolute blinder as did Pete French both of them in Carl & Maria's room (i love that room ) top night allround 3 rooms 100% quality

Hopefully get down to Cardiff on the 2nd of Dec. Thankyou for the comment,To say I enjoyed myself would be an understatement ,see you soon :yes: Chris M

had a great nite always a pleasure to play to an appreciative crowd here is my playlist yes.gif

the caesars-lalala(i love you)

king edward and his b.d,s-workin for my baby

jimmy holiday-love me one more time

lil gray- are you foolin

willie and mighty magnificents-check it baby

tommy dodson-cooperate

roy smith- very strong on you

bobby wells-be,s that way sometimes

papa bear-youre so fine

james dockery-my faith in you is all gone

dickie wonder-nobody knows

the tropics-hey you little girl

frank dell-he broke youre game wide open

don & ron- i,m so sorry

bad weather inc-never never knew

the fascinators-in other words

voices inc-thinkin

anita anderson-secretly

the dynamic three-you said yeah

johnny caswell-you don,t love me anymore

the lovers-without a doubt

soundmasters-lonely lonely

the blue jays-point of view

fortson & scott-sweet lover

Edited by spaghetti weston

only one moan about sat night no Soul Sam :angry:

then come down to Heywood Civic Centre on Friday 3rd November and all your wishes will come true my friend! :unsure:

you might even get your picture taken if your lucky! gonna post em all on the gallery after the event so watch that space (gallery) peeps!

hey StevieT, i've got the other pics from Midd night here so i'll post em up soon - but i'll post em on a new thread rather than in with the Bury alnigther ones!

wAvy

Edited by wAvy

then come down to Heywood Civic Centre on Friday 3rd November and all your wishes will come true my friend! :lol:

you might even get your picture taken if your lucky! gonna post em all on the gallery after the event so watch that space (gallery) peeps!

hey StevieT, i've got the other pics from Midd night here so i'll post em up soon - but i'll post em on a new thread rather than in with the Bury alnigther ones!

wAvy

nice one wAvy.... :unsure::unsure::unsure::lol:

then come down to Heywood Civic Centre on Friday 3rd November and all your wishes will come true my friend! :lol:

wAvy

Careful Lass,

You don't want to set tongues waggin' do you?? :unsure::unsure:

Antonio :unsure:

I'd just like to say what an excellent night I had on Saturday, absolutely storming R&B! Thanks to Joe for the invite, totally and utterley worth every minute of my journey there and back, I definitely plan to get back there in December. Great to see Hoss, Ted and Joe still shaking their bottoms at 7.30am as if it was 7.30 pm! Special hello's to Steve T (think you're right about the allergy!), Vicki, Andy, Kev and Clare, Karen, Linda & Ted, Shirley, Ezzie and Ziggy, and a very slim looking Mr Morris!

I'd just like to say what an excellent night I had on Saturday, absolutely storming R&B! Thanks to Joe for the invite, totally and utterley worth every minute of my journey there and back, I definitely plan to get back there in December. Great to see Hoss, Ted and Joe still shaking their bottoms at 7.30am as if it was 7.30 pm! Special hello's to Steve T (think you're right about the allergy!), Vicki, Andy, Kev and Clare, Karen, Linda & Ted, Shirley, Ezzie and Ziggy, and a very slim looking Mr Morris!

may see you twice in December then Alice if i can make the mousetrap :unsure:

Careful Lass,

You don't want to set tongues waggin' do you?? :unsure::unsure:

Antonio :lol:

lmao! :hypo: nice one guy! all this chatting to guys on the forum - i don't know - I'll be gettin meself a name at this rate! wink.gif:unsure: tehhehehee!

just to let you know guys, i've now just posted my pics of the Middleton Alnighter (yes another load of em) off my phone onto the gallery page, if you'd all like to go and peruse them!? Lou is the girl and in the other's you can see mixmick's fat arse! lol :lol: (joke) :D

wAvy

Edited by wAvy

lmao! :lol: nice one guy! all this chatting to guys on the forum - i don't know - I'll be gettin meself a name at this rate! wink.gif:lol: tehhehehee!

just to let you know guys, i've now just posted my pics of the Middleton Alnighter (yes another load of em) off my phone onto the gallery page, if you'd all like to go and peruse them!? Lou is the girl and in the other's you can see mixmick's fat arse! lol :( (joke) :D

wAvy

nice of you to be so complimentary,if you'd used a decent camera we might all have been able to see what was on the picture :ohmy: maybe it was the glare off the head of someone close to you :thumbsup: see you still haven't learned to spell yet,my wife found it hilarious :thumbsup: .......... :shades: prolly........tee hee

nice of you to be so complimentary,if you'd used a decent camera we might all have been able to see what was on the picture :lol: maybe it was the glare off the head of someone close to you :thumbsup: see you still haven't learned to spell yet,my wife found it hilarious :thumbsup: .......... :ohmy: prolly........tee hee

ahh there u are mix-knicks! :lol:

as for the shiny head! :( they say bald-headed guys are full of virility don't cha know - i guess not what with you havin a full curly hair-do an all! :shades: ooooooooo!

and what you mean i ain't learned to spell yet?! i think my spelling and punctuation is quite good on here compared to some peeps i've noticed posting on here!

wAvy

ahh there u are mix-knicks! :ohmy:

as for the shiny head! :shades: they say bald-headed guys are full of virility don't cha know - i guess not what with you havin a full curly hair-do an all! :thumbsup: ooooooooo!

and what you mean i ain't learned to spell yet?! i think my spelling and punctuation is quite good on here compared to some peeps i've noticed posting on here!

wAvy

YOO TELL ERM !!! :thumbsup:

i just did - i think!? :P

i think micksmix is saying i didn't spell his name right; i think i got it back-to-front and i h8 it when peeps spell my name wrong - like say spelling it as wAvey when it should be wAvy without the E - y'know what i mean StevieT!? :thumbsup: teheheeheee!

as for the camera being crappy Micksmix, well it was my phone camera u'know and they usually are a bit crappy arn't they, but if you and your good wife are coming to Heywood this Friday then hopefully, i should have a better camera and i'll come specially to your table and take your picture - i will ask first tho! :P

so no hard feelings with the fat arse comment lol - anyway, you won't be able to get on the dance floor on Friday for my fat arse! :D:P shake that booty!

cyas l8r - wAvy :huh:

HI wAVY SORRY IT'S TAKEN US A FEW DAYS TO REPLY TO YOU COMMENT RE. THE CARL WILLINGHAM SUITE. [ THAT LITTLE ROOM UPSTAIRS] AS WE HAVE STATED SEVERAL TIMES ON THIS SITE WE WELCOME YOUR COMMENTS WHATEVER THEY ARE AND TRY OUR BEST TO ADDRESS THEM, IF YOU HAD APPROACHED CARL OR I WE WOULD HAVE NIPPED HOME TO GET A FAN AS WE HAVE DONE PREVIOUSLY.

HOPE TO SEE YOU FOR A LITTLE LONGER THAN HALF AN HOUR NEXT TIME, COME AND SAY HELLO

MARIA AND CARL WILLINGHAM

hiya guys!

yea it was really too hot in there - i could feel the heat as soon as i stepped in! needed the windows opening or summat maybe! the tunes were good in there for the amount of time i could stand the heat! my friend (Lou) enjoyed that room too - think she was a bit gutted when we went out, as was i too, but as i said, too damn hot! :yes:

wAvy

Good to see all my mates from darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn South, you will be talking like us soon :yes: ...Another good night at Middleton indeed...Baz said it all really...Mr Willingham on the main stage :lol: ..Time to rest the legs now...

So sorry I couldn`t find you in the main hall (as i was most of the time with your friends down in the R&B room), would have loved to talk more with you. However, was very nice to have met you, hope to see you soon again :D

Edited by Marc Forrest

So sorry I couldn`t find you in the main hall (as i was most of the time woth your friends dwon at the R&B room), would have loved to talk more with you. However, was very nice to have met you, hope to see you soon again :yes:

of course you were down in the r&b room its the only place to be :lol::D

Guest Craig the Manc

Just a hint...

If you ask the jock's to turn the music down slightly then the bar staff will open that bar for the night. :tumbleweed3:

That's from one of the main staff at the venue.