Major Lance - I'm The One price please

Dean

What would be a good (top) price for this UK only tune. Price suggestions for demo and issue please. Both VG+ to VG++ under strong light. I think JM auctioned an issue last year (maybe longer) but can't recall. Thanks in anticipation of help. Dean. IMG_2087.JPGIMG_2088.JPG

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I would have thought + - £40.00 for issue and £50 - 60 for demo, maybe more, you don't see them often for sale. You might get more by advertising in Belgian Popcorn circles, it's pretty big over here. I know JM got £160 for his but I've never seen it sell for that high anywhere else.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, RobbK said:

I've got it.  I'm dead tired now.  I'll put up a scan when I wake up in the morning.

MajorLance7.jpg

Thanks for posting that picture Rob, fantastic. Given it's for Jukebox use I'm surprised by the small spindle centre? 

Social source share

Guest russoul2

brought a very nice black issue on here a while back think I paid £60.00 or could have been £40.00??

anyway was happy to pay, a real nice soulful version, play it out whenever I can sounds great over a loud system.

russ

Social source share

Guest russoul2

just out of interest I see the majors release was 1963 or 65...who did the first version...?

Edited by russoul2
Social source share

8 hours ago, russoul2 said:

just out of interest I see the majors release was 1963 or 65...who did the first version...?

The Impressions First, (early 1963) then The Major.  It was one of the last Impressions releases that The Brooks Brothers (Arthur & Richard) featured on.

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!