Cracksteppin (Get Down)

Freddie Terrell & the Soul Explosion

Jackson Sisters (Tiger Lily)

Clydie King (Tiger Lily)

Andrea Carroll (BT Puppy)

Beverley Warren (BT Puppy)

Roger Hatcher (Guinness)

Turner Bros

Go on , I know you've got 'em out there ! :)

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Odds & Ends (Today)

Promises (BRC)

Topics (TSG)

Ultimates (TSG)

Moses Dillard & The Tex Town Display

Gloria Barnes (Maple)

Cleveland Robinson

Cracksteppin (Get Down)

Freddie Terrell & the Soul Explosion

Jackson Sisters (Tiger Lily)

Clydie King (Tiger Lily)

Andrea Carroll (BT Puppy)

Beverley Warren (BT Puppy)

Roger Hatcher (Guinness)

Turner Bros

Go on , I know you've got 'em out there ! :)

Oh yeah, I keep tripping over those Roger Hatcher Guinness albums stacked up in the outhouse all the time :thumbsup::(:lol:

Seriously, don't you have a few non-existent albums in there (Promises, Turner Bros., Moses Dillard & the Tex Town Display) ?

TONE

Social source share

Oh yeah, I keep tripping over those Roger Hatcher Guinness albums stacked up in the outhouse all the time :thumbsup::thumbup::ohmy:

Seriously, don't you have a few non-existent albums in there (Promises, Turner Bros., Moses Dillard & the Tex Town Display) ?

TONE

Well Tone, the Turner Bros and Moses Dillard definitely exist as a couple of copies of each of them have surfaced for sale on ebay in the past 12-18 months (and I'm sure they're listed in popsike.com) ... as has the Roger Hatcher ...

And as for the Promises, I'm going on information contained in sleeve notes to a CD that was issued on Brunswick/BRC girl-soul groups that came out some years ago that included a Promises track and then went on to state that the company issued an LP on the girls ! OK, sleeve notes are not always 100% correct but I thought I'd try to prompt a response from people like your good self who could possibly shed some some light.

It's the Odds and Ends LP that intrigues me because I have seen a Today LP label discography which has definitely allocated a release number to that LP. I have posted a topic on Soul Source a few times asking for info on this but surprisingly had no response ... sadly the northern scene with its focus on sevens is still lagging well behind, it would appear, in appreciating rare soul LP's. Previous posts on Soul Source regarding LP only tracks have only touched the surface, it really is an untapped source ...

I've also asked on here before for someone to provide a full LP discography for the All Platinum/ Stang/Turbo etc family of labels but again not one response ....

By the way I should also have included the Brief Encounter LP on Sound Stage 7 in the wants list ! Anyone ?!!!

smile.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Well Tone, the Turner Bros and Moses Dillard definitely exist as a couple of copies of each of them have surfaced for sale on ebay in the past 12-18 months (and I'm sure they're listed in popsike.com) ... as has the Roger Hatcher ...

And as for the Promises, I'm going on information contained in sleeve notes to a CD that was issued on Brunswick/BRC girl-soul groups that came out some years ago that included a Promises track and then went on to state that the company issued an LP on the girls ! OK, sleeve notes are not always 100% correct but I thought I'd try to prompt a response from people like your good self who could possibly shed some some light.

It's the Odds and Ends LP that intrigues me because I have seen a Today LP label discography which has definitely allocated a release number to that LP. I have posted a topic on Soul Source a few times asking for info on this but surprisingly had no response ... sadly the northern scene with its focus on sevens is still lagging well behind, it would appear, in appreciating rare soul LP's. Previous posts on Soul Source regarding LP only tracks have only touched the surface, it really is an untapped source ...

I've also asked on here before for someone to provide a full LP discography for the All Platinum/ Stang/Turbo etc family of labels but again not one response ....

By the way I should also have included the Brief Encounter LP on Sound Stage 7 in the wants list ! Anyone ?!!!

smile.gif

Know what you mean (and yes, I DO actually have a Roger Hatcher Guinness album and no, I don't even have the remotest intention of selling it :thumbup: ) but as I'm sure you know, quite often record companies would plan an album in the anticipation of a run of hit singles, and then scupper release plans if the singles didn't hit. Sometimes they would even go as far as to have artwork designed and promo slicks made for their reps before binning the lot in the wake of flop 45s.

I'm pretty certain that there was never an Odds and Ends album. I was working in Record Corner in Balham, all through the run of this group's Today singles, and there was never any hint of an album coming through. The fact that Today also recycled several of their tracks as later B-sides suggests to me that they didn't end up even recording enough for an album. The company probably just allocated a number when "Let Me Try" started to make some chart noise.

I bought all those Promises BRC 45s as new releases, and would also have bought an album in a New York Minute if such a thing had ben forthcoming. I have that CD you mention (in fact, I co-compiled it with Mick Patrick) but it's buried in storage and I can't get at it to read the notes. I will definitely check with Mick later today to see if he knows something I don't.

A top website to go to for album discographies is "Both Sides Now" (I don't have the www. stuff, but if you put that phrase in your search engine you'll find it easily enough. It doesn't go into the terribly obscure, but it does have lots of good discograpies on there for things like Atlantic, Scepter, Wand etc.

I wasn't having a pop, honest - I just thought you might have been speculating about one or two on your list and that I could have maybe saved you years of fruitless search. I'll get back to you about the Promises, I promise(s!)...

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Know what you mean (and yes, I DO actually have a Roger Hatcher Guinness album and no, I don't even have the remotest intention of selling it :lol: ) but as I'm sure you know, quite often record companies would plan an album in the anticipation of a run of hit singles, and then scupper release plans if the singles didn't hit. Sometimes they would even go as far as to have artwork designed and promo slicks made for their reps before binning the lot in the wake of flop 45s.

I'm pretty certain that there was never an Odds and Ends album. I was working in Record Corner in Balham, all through the run of this group's Today singles, and there was never any hint of an album coming through. The fact that Today also recycled several of their tracks as later B-sides suggests to me that they didn't end up even recording enough for an album. The company probably just allocated a number when "Let Me Try" started to make some chart noise.

I bought all those Promises BRC 45s as new releases, and would also have bought an album in a New York Minute if such a thing had ben forthcoming. I have that CD you mention (in fact, I co-compiled it with Mick Patrick) but it's buried in storage and I can't get at it to read the notes. I will definitely check with Mick later today to see if he knows something I don't.

A top website to go to for album discographies is "Both Sides Now" (I don't have the www. stuff, but if you put that phrase in your search engine you'll find it easily enough. It doesn't go into the terribly obscure, but it does have lots of good discograpies on there for things like Atlantic, Scepter, Wand etc.

I wasn't having a pop, honest - I just thought you might have been speculating about one or two on your list and that I could have maybe saved you years of fruitless search. I'll get back to you about the Promises, I promise(s!)...

TONE :lol:

Tone , any luck on your research on the Promises LP?

Social source share

I've not got too many albums left just kept stuff like Artistics - Okeh, Tempest - Smash, Reflections - Golden World, Metros - RCA, Hestitations - Kapp, Freddy Butler - Kapp, Garland Green - Uni, Baby Washington, Artistics - Brunswick, Williams And Watson - Okeh, Darrell Banks - Atco and a few others oh and a certain Gloria Barnes LP on Maple email me bicknellmark@aol.com with a decent offer and i may be tempted, i think it's dog rare, good condition vinyl, cover a little worn, again i would part with it for a decent price or a nice trade.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

On the ODDS AND ENDS, they never had an LP, but they had 8 sides:

Foot Track

Who Could Doubt My Love

Apples, Peaches, Pumkin Pie

Let Me Try

Give Me Something

Talk That Talk

Love Makes The World Go Round

Yesterday My Love

You can email or PM me and I'll see what I can do for you, but it would be on a CD or MP3! :thumbsup:

Also, I don't have the JACKSON SISTERS LP (which BTW that on the Tiger Lily was shelved but there are promos out there), but I do have MP3s...feel free to email/PM me!

I have two MP3s on Clyde King both on MINIT: LOVE NOW PAY LATER, and ONE PART, TWO PART.

As you can see, I am mostly a digital DJ...my poor arms can't carry those crates! :tumbleweed3:

Edited by Lady Maverick
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Got some of those, but unfortunately don't have any spares lying around! lol.

As for the Odds & Ends, that's the one that got my attention immediately too. I've never seen or heard of it, so perhaps (& I do stand to be corrected) it doesn't exist. The other one I'm not aware of is Clydie King on Tiger Lily.

Social source share