"My Loves On Ration"Who?

Guest johnny hart

Guest johnny hart

Hi ,

Browsing through R ,N,Soul site (all 36 plus pages) Happened on this Instrumental Steve Lee have it on  an acetate/Semi as by 4 Seasons with drummer? At about £35. Being a fan of crazy instros,sort out a convincing looking copy on discogs as by Wendall Parker& Cape Ann Kings on Carnival7 liable at £350. ,whoops £3. 50. Sounds like across between ,Lord Thunder and "You,ve Been Away".  What's the Real Story? Many Thanks Johnny .

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

My memory says this was first played by Nev Wherry as The Tartans - Loose Your Feet .... and then revealed as Wendall Parker - My Love's On Ration (Capricorn 7) ... but it was all a scam as it was just the band track to the 4 Seasons - Watch The Flowers Grow ... which had been 'mixed' from the stereo LP version where the instruments were essentially on one channel and the vocals on the other ... I'm pretty sure if you listen to the 7" of Wendall Parker you can just hear the vocals of Frankie Valli ... so it was never a real record, if you get my meaning

Andy

Edited by Andy Rix
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Many thanks to Andy , PR and SS,

Have checked out the "Flowers" track from 4 seasons double LP 29 Hits of Gold and it is the band track is the same all be it accelerated a few percent . And yes Francis Castellucio is chirping away in the far distant as Alvin of the Chipmunks,on the Capricorn 7 mix, I shall further my madness by purchasing the 1967 single of 4Seasons " Watch The Flowers Grow"for 83p,off which I will now do .(its on Discogs) LOL Johnny,Malaga ,Espana.

Social source share

8 hours ago, conchitta said:

Many thanks to Andy , PR and SS,

Have checked out the "Flowers" track from 4 seasons double LP 29 Hits of Gold and it is the band track is the same all be it accelerated a few percent . And yes Francis Castellucio is chirping away in the far distant as Alvin of the Chipmunks,on the Capricorn 7 mix, I shall further my madness by purchasing the 1967 single of 4Seasons " Watch The Flowers Grow"for 83p,off which I will now do .(its on Discogs) LOL Johnny,Malaga ,Espana.

I splashed out on flowers and bought off ebay ,£1.20 well spent I say, makes me smile every time i play it☺

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert