1000+ Northern Soul / Soul 45's from 70's / 80's FOR SALE.

Guest DODGER58

Guest DODGER58

Hi Folks, i have for sale over a thousand Northern Soul / Soul records (45's) from the 70's and 80's when i was really into the scene, they have sat in attics for a long time and as i am approaching 60 its time they found a new home. I have contacted local record shops that state they want these kinds of records but as dealers they are only prepared to pay peanuts when i value the entire collection at around £10K. There are far too many for me to list here but i have produced over 30 pages of A4 as the list which contains the Artist/s, the Tracks, the Record Number, its Condition and a Price for each one. I have used Brown & Koppel's Northern Soul Price Guide to help me determine what each one is worth these days and I am happy to forward the lists to any SERIOUS COLLECTORS who may be interested however i will need an EMAIL ADDRESS. I advertised them early last year on here and whilst there was a lot of interest only a handful of people bought any so if you requested the list last and didn't buy it may not be worth you getting the lists again? Regards, Roger in Staffordshire

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

5 hours ago, DODGER58 said:

Hi Folks, i have for sale over a thousand Northern Soul / Soul records (45's) from the 70's and 80's when i was really into the scene, they have sat in attics for a long time and as i am approaching 60 its time they found a new home. I have contacted local record shops that state they want these kinds of records but as dealers they are only prepared to pay peanuts when i value the entire collection at around £10K. There are far too many for me to list here but i have produced over 30 pages of A4 as the list which contains the Artist/s, the Tracks, the Record Number, its Condition and a Price for each one. I have used Brown & Koppel's Northern Soul Price Guide to help me determine what each one is worth these days and I am happy to forward the lists to any SERIOUS COLLECTORS who may be interested however i will need an EMAIL ADDRESS. I advertised them early last year on here and whilst there was a lot of interest only a handful of people bought any so if you requested the list last and didn't buy it may not be worth you getting the lists again? Regards, Roger in Staffordshire

Hello Roger. Perhaps you could help us collectors a little more with some additional information.

1) If you used the Brown/Koppel price guide to value these records, presumably they must be USA originals (as that is what the guide gives prices on). Could you confirm this please?

2) Also, there must be a predominance of 'cheapies' as, with 1,000+ items totalling around £10k, the average price would be no more than £10 per record. It would be helpful (to most people on a rare soul forum) if you could tell us how many records are valued at, say, £25 or more? 

3) To give us an idea of what sort of stuff is on offer, could you please give us maybe half a dozen examples of the higher priced records?

My advice (for what it's worth) is that you might do best selling the higher value items individually, then bite the bullet and get rid of all the real cheapies as a job lot to one of the shops you have contacted. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure many people here are going to buy lots of £5 (or less) in value records.

Cheers, Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!