Betty lloyd

Moxey25

2 hours ago, britishbarry said:

I'm glad I bought mine when a few turned up about 20 years ago. Cost me £80, it seemed like a lot of money back then.

I remember seeing it on Mick Smiths' list for £50.00 back around that time, I went crazy! Up until then it was an impossible record, and I was so pleased to get it.

Yes, a truly great record, and is one that is a 'keeper', hence it's doing well on the value front.

Len :thumbsup:

Social source share

The Anglo American one went for a similar price. I did see it around 25 or so years ago for about £50-£70 quid as I recall, but I was strictly a £20 maximum man in those days, which meant I missed out on buying a lot of stuff that I now pay VAST sums for...well sometimes.

Social source share

3 hours ago, moxey25 said:

So you pay say 250 makes a grand jm takes 25%500 quid profit think i will keep it 

...which sums up in a nutshell why it's sold for over a grand! Because even a nice wee £500 profit isn't tempting enough to wrench it from collections. Top tune!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 28/01/2017 at 09:37, souler said:

I bought my copy in that brief spell about 20 years ago when they were available for £80-£150 depending on who's box they were in. Does anyone know how many were found. Must have been a few as they were widely available - an impossible 45 and then it just appeared. 

must have been a few hundred as it plumetted from £250/300  to £50/80.... i got one cheap from andy dyson at that time.... around 1992 i think

Social source share

Guest son of stan

I got one in a swap for Dean Courtney 'Love You Just Can't Walk Away' (which I found in a shop in Fulham for £3). This would have been late 80s.

Can anyone tell me whether that was a good deal then or a good deal in today's money?

(All my best records from that time got stolen so I don't have it any more).

Social source share

1 minute ago, son of stan said:

I got one in a swap for Dean Courtney 'Love You Just Can't Walk Away' (which I found in a shop in Fulham for £3). This would have been late 80s.

Can anyone tell me whether that was a good deal then or a good deal in today's money?

i think dean is about 300..betty about 600

Social source share

• 2 years later...

I do apologise if this has been asked before and if it has been sorted before can you direct me please

Does anyone know about her at all as I can't find anything (even with me google thingy) apart from someone saying she may have been in the Long Island group, The Percells

Thought it was with a shout for such an iconic record (hopefully)

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

1 hour ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I do apologise if this has been asked before and if it has been sorted before can you direct me please

Does anyone know about her at all as I can't find anything (even with me google thingy) apart from someone saying she may have been in the Long Island group, The Percells

Thought it was with a shout for such an iconic record (hopefully)

Hope this post catches on 😎

Hat, coat , door just leaving 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, The Yank said:

If the Betty LLoyd from the Percells is the same as the artist on BSC,

here's a picture of her - 

soul LLoyd

Info on The Percells, but doesn't help much with confirming Betty as a single artist after they split with Betty in the second link marrying a member of Ruby And The Romantics and settling in Cleveland it appears, so maybe she is not the same person

https://doo-wop.blogg.org/the-percells-a116515400

https://www.spectropop.com/percells/

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Remember a quote on the phone from Roger Banks ('R'n'B' on here 😉 ) some 15 years ago or so over a BSC picture cover of Betty Lloyd.

He was kinda bluffing leading anyone to hope that it would be for her 'I'm catching on' but I understood that it was for another release of hers. 

Now I know about her second BSC single 'six days til Christmas' cute 1969 novelty single, could this release have had a picture sleeve ?

This I thought to be possible as Gino Washington had a picture sleeve for his 'it's winter' 45 on Atac (same pressing plant) from 1971 though...

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

On 15/01/2020 at 08:19, Blackpoolsoul said:

Maybe the bootleg has affected prices ?

Who did this ?

soul Betty Boot

The prices were skewed out of reality by one daft auction result. You then get the sheep joining in for a while. It wasn’t too long ago it could be got for a reasonable price and maybe it is just heading back towards reality price wise?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 05/02/2017 at 18:19, son of stan said:

Betty is good but Dean is awesome. Not in the same league, imho. Seen Betty come up for sale frequently at £350 in the past, can't sat the same about DC.

Edited by Geeselad
Typo
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!