Mike

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 24
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I love this. I wonder what it goes for? Didn't the one on Watership a few weeks ago go for about the same?

Jamie

(Was an album track aswell, but not on US 7"?)

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Guest micksmith

Jackie Wilson - " It only happens when I look at you"

British Brunswick Demo Mint condition.

1977 release, was only ever issued as a demo on the british label.

£150 minimun offer.

been asked to pass on  above

any interest email/pm us

link

THINK IT CAME OUT ON ISSUE-I'LL CHECK.

£150 MORE LIKE £25 TO ME.

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

I love this. I wonder what it goes for? Didn't the one on Watership a few weeks ago go for about the same?

Jamie

(Was an album track aswell, but not on US 7")

link

J,

It went for £170

Cheers

Chris W

Social source share

Has anyone got one for sale US or UK for £25??? Or very near???!!!!

Jamie

(Can anyone remember what album it's on? Rich, if you're reading this I know you've got it)

Social source share

You have to think sensibly about this. Look how many demos Brunswick and the rest of the decca group were knocking out back then, hundreds of them. You can still pick up the likes of Chubby Checker, Adams Apples, Willie Mitchell and so on on demo for a tenner. Mick is right at £25 in fact that is too much for a 1977 Brunswick demo, but as usual demand drives the price up, I bet if Mick put his mind to it he could pick up half a dozen in a fortnight, in fact I'll take up the challenge, give me 2 weeks :ohmy:

Social source share

You have to think sensibly about this. Look how many demos Brunswick and the rest of the decca group were knocking out back then, hundreds of them.  You can still pick up the likes of Chubby Checker, Adams Apples, Willie Mitchell and so on on demo for a tenner.  Mick is right at £25 in fact that is too much for a 1977 Brunswick demo, but as usual demand drives the price up, I bet if Mick put his mind to it he could pick up half a dozen in a fortnight, in fact I'll take up the challenge, give me 2 weeks  :D

link

Good Luck Pete,

If you get six, will you sell me one :ohmy:

Social source share

A very good track, a bit suprised at the £170 price tag, I would have said £25 also, don't think I'd like to pay more than that.  I think it's one of those records that once you get one you'll get bored with it quickly.  Also is there another version of it ........Female I think, maybe Aretha.

link

The best version in my opinion is by Aretha, I forget the LP title but it is album only. There is also a nice version by Delegation on a UK label which I can't be arsed to go and dig out. The Jackie Wilson has the brilliant Sam Dees song on the back, again I can't remember the title without digging it out. None of the versions should be more than £25. You have to laugh (or bang your head in despair) again at the Manship Disneyland prices. I need some coffee and a brain re-boot.

Jordi

Social source share

Has anyone got one for sale US or UK for £25??? Or very near???!!!!

Jamie

(Can anyone remember what album it's on? Rich, if you're reading this I know you've got it)

link

Soz chief, just read that - think Mikey's already answered you - great record. Think my fave is "(This Love Is Real) I Can Feel Those Vibrations" - dumps on Because Of You from a great height in terms of oozing soul IMO. Having said that, he didn't do many bad tracks did he.

R

Social source share

The best version in my opinion is by Aretha, I forget the LP title but it is album only. There is also a nice version by Delegation on a UK label which I can't be arsed to go and dig out. The Jackie Wilson has the brilliant Sam Dees song on the back, again I can't remember the title without digging it out. None of the versions should be more than £25. You have to laugh (or bang your head in despair) again at the Manship Disneyland prices. I need some coffee and a brain re-boot.

Jordi

link

Jordi

The Sam Dees track on the b-side is Just a soon as the feelings over.

Derek

Social source share

Jamie got the Uk issue 45 and the LP, certain i paid £25 for the 45 from Domar.

I do like the track, but would like Aretha Franklins version (usual case wanting something i haven't got.......bit like hair :thumbsup: )

ps..LP cover has Jackie in perhaps the worst "Prince of Wales" check trouser suit, i think i have ever seen... :yes:

Edited by Brett
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!