Denton Soul Night

Drew3

Went to the Denton soul night on Friday last.

Great night, a good mixture of tunes, some newies to me.

Also met a couple of Soulsourcers.

Grant, don't know how to PM or how to reply to one (pathetic I know) but likewise nice to put a face to a name. thumbsup.gif

Will definately try another Denton night.

KTF.

Drew.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Grant, don't know how to PM or how to reply to one (pathetic I know) but likewise nice to put a face to a name. thumbsup.gif

KTF.

Drew.

Hi Drew

Yep great night, probably see you at the next one in a month. Your post is really gaining momentum about oldies mate :thumbup: . Dont forget my radio show on Saturdays 6pm - 7pm Pure 107.8fm (Stockport and surrounding areas) - some great tunes being played with siome top guests already been on, with more to come :thumbsup:

Another good night from the lads at Denton British Legion last Friday. Great atmosphere, good tunes and cheap beer biggrin.gif . Look forward to the next one boys, some tunes I can remember that I danced to :-

Royal Jesters - At The Head of The Crowd (need an mp3 of this...!!!!!)

Mickey Lanay - I'm Gonna Walk

Pat Lewis - No One To Love

William Powell - Heartache Souveneirs

Joe Simon - I Got A Whole Lotta Lovin'

Jades - Im Where Its At

KTF.

Drew.

well stevie another top night.......they just get better and better at this rate we'll be needing the other room, look forward to the next one.....KTF.

Debbie an Tony.

Another good night from the lads at Denton British Legion last Friday. Great atmosphere, good tunes and cheap beer :thumbsup: . Look forward to the next one boys, some tunes I can remember that I danced to :-

Royal Jesters - At The Head of The Crowd (need an mp3 of this...!!!!!)

Mickey Lanay - I'm Gonna Walk

Pat Lewis - No One To Love

William Powell - Heartache Souveneirs

Joe Simon - I Got A Whole Lotta Lovin'

Jades - Im Where Its At

Grant.

Dave Stubbs played a record called... Slowly Walking... or something similar.

Can you or someone else who was there on Friday night confirm title and artiste please?

Thanks.

KTF.

Drew.

Grant.

Can you or someone else who was there on Friday night confirm title and artiste please?

Thanks.

KTF.

Drew.

Hi Andy....good to see you are still gettin' out.......it's bin awhile....Tony :thumbsup:

Hi Grant....I've sent you a message re: the radio show....Tony :yes:

P.S. sorry to jump on your thread guy's, glad to see the nights going so well :D .....that record might be 'Soft Walkin' Freddie Houston - To To....just a thought Andy......sound-bite on Manships or SoulClub

Edited by Tony Jackson

Hi Guy

Thanks for the support, I would just like to add, what a great job Steve has done with this venue. I have been with Steve now for years has his support d.j. I am a collector really but Steve gives ma a chance to play my stuff instead of it gathering dust at home. So cheers Steve you seem to have done it at last. All those venues with just you me and the bar staff have paid off. Just shows, if you stick at it you can do it. Debbie's right at this rate we may need two rooms, what about across the road!!! :thumbsup:

Also nice to see a number of the old Tameside stalwarts of the Northern scene. Ian Adams, great to see him again. One of the gang that used to go along to The Torch, cheers Ian. Also one of the people in Tameside to have been a collector longer then i care to remember, Pete Wright collecting Ric-Tic if I recall correctly in about 1970/71. Great to see you aswell Pete. Bring Clive along to the next one eh?

Chris Churm and Steve nice to see you as well lads, like i said on the night the place has a feel of Hyde Bottanical eh.

John Hillel and his wife Janet, seem to be bumping into you all over the place just recently, at least I have a bit of comapany on the way home now if Michele isnt with me.

Thats not everyone by any means and if i missed you off sorry, just nice to see the support from people who may not get out and about as much as they used to but still have a great love for the scene

Tony thanks for the support, Steve and I were at the Greatstone the week before, really good time had by all, again saw a few folk i hadn't seen for some time.

Anyway seeing Grant started it (nice new avitar!!) here's most of my play list. First couple requests that Ray and Dave Stubbs didn't a chance to play (Yes it was Soft Walking, Tony/Drew)

You didn't say a word. Yvonne Baker

What good am I Micky Champion

Messing with my mind Clarance Carter (for Rob Jones i believe!)

Love is serious business Alfie Davison

Hotter then fire The Jades (two Jades tracks in one night, must be a record.sic)

If you ever need me The Sheepherders

If I could only be sure Nolan Porter

Blues in the night Johnny Taylor

Save your love for me Freddie Butler

Take it baby The Showmen

Heartache Souveneirs William Powell

Grant.

Thanks.

KTF.

Drew.

Hi Drew

It was Freddie Houston - Soft Walkin'. PM me your address and i'll send it on a cd to you with a load of other stuff

Grant :unsure:

Hi Drew

It was Freddie Houston - Soft Walkin'. PM me your address and i'll send it on a cd to you with a load of other stuff

Grant :D

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Listening to Soft Walking as I type (Soulclub Jukebox).

New record to me and new fave for this week at least. So many newies to me you see. :D

Great record and absolutely superb played loud at Denton last week. :yes:

Grant I will PM you. :D

Tony. Will make the Greatstone at some point once I can convince the Gary Glitter fan that she'll enjoy it. :yes:

KTF.

Drew.

Hi Guy

Thanks for the support, I would just like to add, what a great job Steve has done with this venue. I have been with Steve now for years has his support d.j. I am a collector really but Steve gives ma a chance to play my stuff instead of it gathering dust at home. So cheers Steve you seem to have done it at last. All those venues with just you me and the bar staff have paid off. Just shows, if you stick at it you can do it. Debbie's right at this rate we may need two rooms, what about across the road!!! :lol:

Also nice to see a number of the old Tameside stalwarts of the Northern scene. Ian Adams, great to see him again. One of the gang that used to go along to The Torch, cheers Ian. Also one of the people in Tameside to have been a collector longer then i care to remember, Pete Wright collecting Ric-Tic if I recall correctly in about 1970/71. Great to see you aswell Pete. Bring Clive along to the next one eh?

Chris Churm and Steve nice to see you as well lads, like i said on the night the place has a feel of Hyde Bottanical eh.

John Hillel and his wife Janet, seem to be bumping into you all over the place just recently, at least I have a bit of comapany on the way home now if Michele isnt with me.

Thats not everyone by any means and if i missed you off sorry, just nice to see the support from people who may not get out and about as much as they used to but still have a great love for the scene

Tony thanks for the support, Steve and I were at the Greatstone the week before, really good time had by all, again saw a few folk i hadn't seen for some time.

Anyway seeing Grant started it (nice new avitar!!) here's most of my play list. First couple requests that Ray and Dave Stubbs didn't a chance to play (Yes it was Soft Walking, Tony/Drew)

Hotter then fire The Jades (two Jades tracks in one night, must be a record.sic)

Blues in the night Johnny Taylor :rolleyes::P:lol: ....... Only jokin Nocker, but you didnt wait until i'd gone to the toilet :lol:

Edited by grant

Grant

I knew you wanted to hear it really, so i waited until you got back from the loo. Seriously though its the first time play for me down at Denton and with it being a newish crowd wasn't sure how it would go, as i'm not one really for the R&B type either, but i know its got something of a following just lately,. glad to say a number got up to dance to it and Dave Stubbs and his mates were grooving in thier seats. May give it another run out next month, what do you say :lol:

Hi Guy

Thanks for the support, I would just like to add, what a great job Steve has done with this venue. I have been with Steve now for years has his support d.j. I am a collector really but Steve gives ma a chance to play my stuff instead of it gathering dust at home. So cheers Steve you seem to have done it at last. All those venues with just you me and the bar staff have paid off. Just shows, if you stick at it you can do it. Debbie's right at this rate we may need two rooms, what about across the road!!! :)

Blues in the night Johnny Taylor

Save your love for me Freddie Butler

Take it baby The Showmen

Heartache Souveneirs William Powell

cheers nocker for the clarence carter track.....best track of the night.. whistling.gifwhistling.gif:huh: ......daggers being drawn already... :yes::P:D:D:D

agree with everything thats been said already,its getting bigger and better down at the legion.....