Love slipped through my fingers on Chris Evans!!

Stateside

25 minutes ago, EnricoACM1899 said:

so, to clear up my mind, both releases on Jomar and the late on Outta sight with Valentines on the flip are official? And how's the quality on Jomar version (saw on the net someone saying was pretty bad)? But maybe the best way to own it is Superpack lp that has some other great track

I have the Jomar release and the quality is ok, but not brilliant. The flip is "I gotta get away" which is taken from the Gloria Barnes' album "Uptown". Not as good as the album quality, but then again I wouldn't expect it to be.  Neither track mentions the Ohio Players, but Johnny Brantley produced both artists and Gloria Barnes is singing on the Ohio Players track in any event

I always assumed the Jomar release to be some kind of boot/unofficial release, but would be pleased to be told otherwise.

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

According to the play list for the show it was the Ohio Players "Love slipped through my fingers" taken from Northern soul weekender, Charly records.

Normally listen to Radio 2 in the van, but Midweek on Radio 4 was just too entertaining this morning.

Edited by Rich B
Social source share

57 minutes ago, Rich B said:

According to the play list for the show it was the Ohio Players "Love slipped through my fingers" taken from Northern soul weekender, Charly records.

Normally listen to Radio 2 in the van, but Midweek on Radio 4 was just too entertaining this morning.

Thuats the one RW compiled for Charly

Social source share

28 minutes ago, garswood said:

I've always assumed the Jomar release to be a boot

It was an attempt to deceive, the idea being an alternate unissued version.  It was quickly sussed to be ripped from the Lp.  If it was legit it would have the proper credits for a start. 

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!