• Replies 34
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Stuart T

Anyone remember it, me and Gary Spencer used to guest there, need some memrobilia ie photos, playlist and memorys for an article im doing.

Yes, its where we now hold Solid Hit Soul, back on again on the 15th December with Carl Fortnum as guest. Not got any photos that I recall though. Just can't resist the shameless plug. Ta! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Yep - we're back with Solid Hit Soul on the 15th December - looking forward to it already!

Paul - I remember joining you and Spena behind the decks during the early '90s! You should check Jon Buck's photo album on Soul Source, as he has quite a few pics from there (don't forget to ask his permission first tho!).

Gene

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

me, gill and the back of Gene - would have been early 91 as only had hair like that for a few months...

got lots of memories from Drummonds -used to have a right old larf there before heading off to the 100 club thumbsup.gif

post-4070-1162223585_thumb.jpg

Social source share

me, gill and the back of Gene - would have been early 91 as only had hair like that for a few months...

got lots of memories from Drummonds -used to have a right old larf there before heading off to the 100 club thumbsup.gif

Thanks Kirsty - a fond reminder of me with hair! :huh:

Social source share

Thanks Kirsty - a fond reminder of me with hair! :huh:

Thanks Kirsty - a fond reminder of me with some toons :D

still emabarresed by the stuff we used to suggest to you Kirsty, some of it would have had Robbie Coltrane confused. blush.gif

Social source share

Anyone remember it, me and Gary Spencer used to guest there, need some memrobilia ie photos, playlist and memorys for an article im doing.

ta

I used dj there,reguler..........got a flyer somewhere,me,Ady,Keb,Guy,and Sean McClusky.

Social source share

ta

Were there not a couple of different nights there, ending with a modern night?? Was it not a room full of mirrors somewhere or was just that my head state there!!

Had

Social source share

Were there not a couple of different nights there, ending with a modern night?? Was it not a room full of mirrors somewhere or was just that my head state there!!

Had

That sounds like Oxfords,on oxford street,anybody? huh.gif

Social source share

I use to enjoy the nights at Drummonds, use to work and live just around the corner in nearby Euston during the early'90s, was thrilled to have a soul night that close to me as well as the 100 club allnighter just a mere 20 mins walk away!!! :huh:yes.gif soul heaven eh, Delxx

Social source share

Had

A number of promoters used this venue Jon Buck and Sean McClusky spring immediately to mind. I remember attending a modern night about '88( ?)promoted by the "Bad Cat Soul Club" they put on some good modern nights in central London during the 80's whatever happened to them?

Cheers Paul

Social source share

That sounds like Oxfords,on oxford street,anybody? :unsure:

Oxford's was on Tottenham Court Road, Ken. I used to the cloakroon there, when Wednesday nights taken over by DeMob (Sean. Baz Riley etc).

Drummonds was always a good night, This was mid eighties. A lot of people from who were into Northern seemed to live within a 2 mile radius of Kings Cross at that time. :unsure:

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :unsure:

Edited by Lucy
Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

ta

Yes Jon Buck promoted it.Good music even a bit of modern.

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Great little venue and have fond memories of when Bucky and Sue were running it, loads of Modern and a good vibe! Anyone remember the night when it all kicked off with the Manchester United football fans, they went mental and it was a full scale riot going on as we were grooving upstairs - told to stay behind the doors by the old bill, just as he trunched some guy over the head! My wife and I used to go and then pop into the fetish allmighters across London at the time to promote out fetish wear business, most of which jane was wearing at the venue each time! I can still see Jons grinning face even now lol

Social source share

Maybe I'm having a senior moment, but didn't this flyer make an appearance on here not that long ago, Ken? Or am I just dreaming it?

I'm sure I remember as I was very surprised to see this, particularly as that's me in it. Instantly recognisable in the background is Ion because of his 'knees-bent/lean-back' dance style.

Social source share

Maybe I'm having a senior moment, but didn't this flyer make an appearance on here not that long ago, Ken? Or am I just dreaming it?

I'm sure I remember as I was very surprised to see this, particularly as that's me in it. Instantly recognisable in the background is Ion because of his 'knees-bent/lean-back' dance style.

Yeh i think it as been posted before. :thumbsup: proper flyer hand made with letraset

Edited by ken
Social source share

did they used to have Mod nights there arund the back end of the 80s? Sure I recall going there on the way back from the Exmouth mod rally with the Blackpool lot-Roly and Andy and Dougie from Stockport....

I am probably confusing it but it sounds really familiar...Kirsty?

Social source share

did they used to have Mod nights there arund the back end of the 80s? Sure I recall going there on the way back from the Exmouth mod rally with the Blackpool lot-Roly and Andy and Dougie from Stockport....

I am probably confusing it but it sounds really familiar...Kirsty?

They did on a sundays, I can remember been really sneared at by the london mods, but the skins and suedes were ok.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Use to travel up to this do from the South Coast. Recall a guy called Richard Franklin playing Love Starved heart/Come on back to me baby and other unissued motown tracks from a 10" acetate which I jokingly asked of him to "giz it" one night. Surprisingly he asked for my name and address and albeit about 3 months later it arrived. Hardly knew the guy but restored my faith in human nature.

As for the nights at Drummonds they were thoroughly enjoyable - right opposite either Euston or St Pancras if I'm not mistaken.

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Great little venue and have fond memories of when Bucky and Sue were running it, loads of Modern and a good vibe! Anyone remember the night when it all kicked off with the Manchester United football fans, they went mental and it was a full scale riot going on as we were grooving upstairs - told to stay behind the doors by the old bill, just as he trunched some guy over the head! My wife and I used to go and then pop into the fetish allmighters across London at the time to promote out fetish wear business, most of which jane was wearing at the venue each time! I can still see Jons grinning face even now lol

Dont remember that night, sounds mad. Remember being at one with jon buck djing and some skinhead turd walking around with a white power t shirt on, the really shocking thing was noone seemed to bat an eyelid !! The fetish niters sound much more fun !!

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Used to be a good warmup drinking session before the 100 club from what i remember.

Jez and Carl F  from Linc's  would be there .

I remember Richard Franklin  Djing there for a while too.

I remember another venue on Tottenham court road was another pre 100 club venue too, can't remember the name of ?

Good times !

Frank

Edited by Bossfourpart1
Social source share

Jon Buck used to do nights there too and bloody good they were. Ive a few pics I will mail you and a few great stories, like the time there was a riot going on downstairs with Man U fans whilst we were dancing upstairs and we weren't allowed out! It was like a scene from a Western, glasses lobbed around, windows going in, ah those were the days 

Edited by TheBigO
Social source share

attachicon.gifattachment

I see Wayne Pallett in the background which means I'll be in there somewhere - it's where I met Pete (Brian Rae sent him my way to get sorted). Used to be a great warmup - some really good stuff being played. Looks like the back of Richard Franklin or possibly Steve Smith on the left.

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!