Dj Oji Album Voted No.1

Guest Dr Bob Jones

Guest Dr Bob Jones

DJ OJI has asked me to forward this to 'SOULSOURCE'.........enjoy

On Wednesday, October 25th I was the recipient of the

Undaground Archives Choice Award (www.undagroundarchives.com) for "Album of the Year"

To be nominated was a privilege, but to have won was overwhelming. This is a great honor and because "the people" were able to vote on this worldwide it means that much more. I just want to say thank you and I also want to give a special thanks to all those involved with the making of this project "Spiritual Journey. I am blessed to be surrounded by so many talented artists, musicians, producers, DJs, family and friends.

Thank you Sheila Ford, Deborah Bond, Byron Stingly, Una, Lynnette Smith, Carolyn Victorian, Pedro Herrera, Jay Rags, Esteban, Phire, Maye, Nicolas, Wayne Cooper, DJ Buzzard, Charles Dockins, Dr. Bob Jones and The Interns, Jabari Morris and Chelsea.

Thanks to King Street, Ashara, Chillifunk and Code Red Records

Thanks to my Dad, Reverend Frank Morris, for being my biggest fan and doing an excellent job on my artwork.

Thanks to all contributing photographers also (Cliff Curtis, Cliff Summers, Donovan Kelly)

Oh and I can't forget Maria Weaver of Natural Feelings for making my hat worn on the album cover :-)

Thanks to my POJI Family : DJ Pope, Momi, Ladyhouz

I should also mention that this is the second victory in this category for POJI Records. My brother in the Struggle, DJ Pope, also claimed the "Album of the year" award for his album project, "My Way", a few years ago. This year Pope was the recipient of two new awards, "Best radio show" (Deeper Sode of Midnight) and "Song of the year" for he and Lynette Smith's "Addicted." Congratulations!

What an achievement this is for our label. 15Years of POJI!

Thanks to DJ Chuck of www.HandzonRadio.com, also recipient of this years "Best Website Award".

It really is a collective effort that allows for the most exposure possible. Without compensation, this brother promotes all of our music by hosting a quality website which features our mixshows and music to the whole wide world.

For the same reasons, I would also like to acknowledge Gman of www.deephousepage.com. You have been in our corner since the beginning.

Thank you to Donna Ward aka fotochick of www.undagroundarchives.com, for having the love, vision and "girl power" to create your own website and host such an event as The Choice Awards for Underground House Music.

Thank you again John "Jay Rags" Johnson of BlackBooksCafe.com for your undying support.

The internet is such a powerful tool!

Last but not least,

Thanks to all the DJ's, dancers and music lovers.

Spiritual Journey album was also recently licensed and released in Japan. This is major for us. What a year! video clip below

(https://www.higher-frequency.com/j_video/dj_oji/index.htm)

None of this would be possible without your support.

None of this would be possible without God's love.

I am humbled by it all. I love you!

Through music, I hope that our spirits can continue to grow closer.

I hope you can join us Memorial Day weekend 2007 for the

"Sea of Love" POJI 15 Yr. Anniversary Cruise to the Bahamas. We are celebrating you!

Please forward this if its not too much trouble. I owe many thanks to many people and I am sure I will have missed the opportunity to thank them all with my email list alone.

Peace,

Oji

Respect

Dr Bob Jones yes.gif

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source