longest time before 'title kicks in'-what is it?

Kenb

I was playing stuff today, and pulled Bettye Swann 'Kiss my love...'. Noticed (once i put the clock on it) it's 1min 40sec (out of approx 3 min 17 sec) before the title 'Kiss...kicks in'. Made me think,there must be others out there-and probably one that beats this easily. 

Sorry if this has hit the threads before. If not, any thoughts?

Social source share

Guest Spain pete
5 minutes ago, geeselad said:

its a side long isn't it? when does he kick in with the title, could be the main contender

19 minutes long  like a lot of his album tracks, so it could be by the time l get to Phoenix another contender

Social source share

Guest son of stan
14 hours ago, tomangoes said:

I always thought this was actually miss-labled! 

I'd also love to know at what point exactly Lend A hand is mentioned in the Bobby Hutton classic.

Ed

Yeah. I was always thought that. But if you listen carefully,the bvs go 'lend a hand' before the '..to this lonely man..' lines and many other of the lines in the song. Also various other asides, low in the mix. I think they mixed it a bit wrong.

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

On 10/02/2017 at 15:36, Kenb said:

I was playing stuff today, and pulled Bettye Swann 'Kiss my love...'. Noticed (once i put the clock on it) it's 1min 40sec (out of approx 3 min 17 sec) before the title 'Kiss...kicks in'. Made me think,there must be others out there-and probably one that beats this easily. 

Sorry if this has hit the threads before. If not, any thoughts?

Ha ha , played this at home the other night and said to the Mrs. when does she actually sing the title :thumbsup:

Social source share

On 11/02/2017 at 23:53, son of stan said:

Yeah. I was always thought that. But if you listen carefully,the bvs go 'lend a hand' before the '..to this lonely man..' lines and many other of the lines in the song. Also various other asides, low in the mix. I think they mixed it a bit wrong.

I can just about pick out one or two 'mumbles' that could be lend a hand or something like that by the backing singers. If anybody can hear more, and clearly, I'm jealous!

Must be the worst choice of title from all the words mentioned, and its an ABC production!. One thing for sure if it was 'booted' it would not be titled 'lend a hand'

Ed

Social source share

On 2/11/2017 at 23:53, son of stan said:

that 'this lonely man' always sounded like 'northern line'  to me

of course I knew that it wasn't an song in homage to that particular  london underground line but as never gave it that much more attention (and quite liked the idea of him singing about such) I never knew for sure what  the actual proper words were till  reading now...

so a thanks for that:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest son of stan
On 2/17/2017 at 12:51, Pete S said:

Lend a hand to this lonely man...first line isn't it?

No. The first line is 'Way- hey!' Shades of Eric Morecambe as I think it said on the back of a Kent LP back in the day. :-)

It's a call and response song isn't it? Hutton responds to the lines sung by the backing vocalists. Quite unusual. It was off an LP right? I don't suppose whoever mixed it ever thought it would be heard of again, let alone that we would still be discussing it 45 years or so later and just did a bit of a rushed job before heading off down the pub...

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Guest son of stan
4 minutes ago, son of stan said:

Sorry for double post. No idea how that happened!

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!