83 x 45's inc Barbara Lynn Good woman - Soul Funk etc

83 X 45’s FUNK/MODERN/SOUL/JAZZ/MOD/LATIN 45’s
Some really great records here – across the board selection in no discernible order at all so please look through ‘til the end of the list – all sorts here! All very fair prices - Grab yourself a bargain! Offers considered on multiple buys

83 X 45’s Split into 4 sections

Soul/N Soul
Modern soul/Rage groove
Funk/X-over
Mod/Boogaloo/Jazz/Latin
Some really great records here – All at very fair prices so grab a bargain!

PayPal payment as ‘friends & family’ or (you pay PayPal costs.)  Please note that due to work/family commitments postage of your 45 may take up to a week.     
Soul/N Soul

Barbara Lynn - I'm A Good Woman/Running Back (Tribe 8316)
Original copy in Excellent condition. £120

1)  DEBBIE TAYLOR - Check yourself / wait until I'm Gone (DECCA) NM £5 Nice Deep soul

2) The Superlatives‎ – I Don't Know How (To Say I Love You) Don't Walk Away / Lonely in a Crowd (Westbound Records ‎– W 144) VG+ (Some label damage) £10
I love this record – so cheap for the quality on these 2 sides! www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W8nf7qBcyE

3) Now ‎– Lovin' You Is Easy / Land of Now (Now – NW101A) 1976 Ex Rare RE £5

4) Directory – Feel it in your bones/World & creation (Zodiac) 2nd issue    Z-2873-2 Ex £5.00
  Big Spring's aging teen sensation Jay Thomas formed Directory in 1972 with the simple philosophy: "We can make every song a dance song." Generally reworking the day's top hits into dance numbers, in 1975 with backing from the owner of a rough local biker club, Directory hit Lubbock's Harold Franklin Studio to craft two of their own. The result- a solemn but danceable, "World and Creation," and an up-beat hip-shaker, "Feel It in Your Bones,"- poured out of car radios, making Directory, for a moment, local stars.
  www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqnQc5eUbwQ
  www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC7j1p-NhbI

5) The Intrigues - In a Moment/Scotchman rock - London VG+ £10

6) The Mirwood Orchestra / The Belles   ‎– Pretention / Don't Pretend (Soul Fox Records ‎– SF-1004) VG+ £5   Bargain here >>>>>
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvZduvCWA1s
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPr8jKpOCDg

7) Shane Martin / Lynne Randell ‎– I Need You / Stranger in My Arms (Epic) £5 M Classy 2 sider RE www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ_zOURE0e4  & www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAbU3yNDCQ

9) Family Connection Title: This Time b/w Lost Her Love (Jabali) Condition: NM £10 Sound clip: Lost Her Love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQ8jQgvE0w
 This Time https://www.youtube.com/watch?

10) Cavaliers- Hold to My Baby/ooh it hurts me (repro) M £5 

11) James Bounty ‎– Prove Yourself a Lady/Life will begin again (Compass – CO-7005) Ex £5 repro
About as classic as it gets -

12) The Artistics - The Chase Is On/One last chance (Brunswick) for me always THE version.. EX+ £12 

13) Edwin Starr ‎– Back Street/Instrumental (Ric-Tic Records ‎– RT-107) VG+ £10 Classic Northen soul https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt72MS3Ccuc

14) Jeff Dale ‎– A Suffering Pain/Our love will grow stronger (Atco Records ‎– 45-6405) Ex £30 TWO BEAUTIFUL SOULFUL MID TO UPBEAT DANCERS

15) Don Varner  ‎– Tear Stained Face / Mojo Mama  (Outta Sight ‎– OSV043) Ex £5 Hot and fast stomping NORTHERN SOUL dancer + light slower NORTHERN SOUL dancer with a beautiful deep piano. 

16)  Les Chansonettes – Title - Don’t let him hurt you/Deeper (Shrine) Ex Repro £5

17) Jackie Wilson - Since You Showed Me How to Be Happy / The Who Who Song (Brunswick) VG+ £10 Label is faded a lot – Killer Wilson track

18) Manhattans - All I Need Is Your Love / Our Love Will Never Die (Carnival) VG+ £15 www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0OVYCIDz1A

19) The Sapphires – The slow fizz/our love is everywhere (Probe) VG+ £15 More classic! www.youtube.com/watch=nv2yIHATFyw

20) The Amazers  ‎– Without A Warning/It's you for me (Thomas Record ‎– 45-1638) VG plays great £10  2 top tracks arranged by Johnny Pate & produced by Curtis Mayfield - With that kind of input you can't really go far wrong!  www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkw4kl_FlA
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=74SxRi2XHrY

22) Third generation — mother nature/Love is gonna rain down on me (Prison soul) Mint £5
 2nd issue release from Numero taken from the original master tapes with original Label artwork    A pensioned high school art teacher with a strong social conscience, Ellis Haraka applied for an opening at Georgia Industrial Institute in 1974, a minimum-security prison camp in Alto, Georgia, to teach remedial reading and GED preparation. After selling the warden on converting the art room into a rehearsal space and rescuing gear from a defunct music program, Haraka watched Georgia Industrial's band form spontaneously. Inmates Roderick Willis, Linwood Moore, Michael Cody, Eugene Bostic, Willie "Shoeshop Slim" Zackery, Kenny Rewis, Eddie McCluskey, and Rufus Amis thus formed The Third Generation, rehearsing regularly with Haraka through 1977, who then painstakingly arranged for a field trip to Atlanta's Precision Studios. "Love Is Gonna Rain Down On Me" b/w "Mother Nature" was issued with the group's own PRISON SOUL banner, and over the next few years the group disbanded naturally, as members completed their jail time and rejoined civilian life.
 Listen here :www.numerogroup.com/eccentricsoul/bands/thirdgeneration.html 

23) The Free mind – After we’ve gone (the world keeps turning) /Just Jammin’ (Twin Town) 2nd issue M £5 Killer & rare 2 sider! Try to find an OG!
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2sQmBjJ6Nc www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNQOiO6WKE

24) Directory – Feel it in your bones/World & creation (Zodiac)2nd issue    Z-2873-2 Ex £5 Big Spring's aging teen sensation Jay Thomas formed Directory in 1972 with the simple philosophy: "We can make every song a dance song." Generally reworking the day's top hits into dance numbers, in 1975 with backing from the owner of a rough local biker club, Directory hit Lubbock's Harold Franklin Studio to craft two of their own. The result- a solemn but danceable, "World and Creation," and an up-beat hip-shaker, "Feel It In Your Bones,"- poured out of car radios, making Directory, for a moment, local stars.
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqnQc5eUbwQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC7j1p-NhbI

25) Lenis Guess / The Church Street Gang ‎– Just Ask Me (SQPR 1002) VG £5 Orange label repro from 70’s

26) Ronnie & Robyn ‎– Blow out the Candle, Sidra's Theme (Instrumental) (Sidra Records ‎– S-900) VG £10   Classic 60's Detroit/Northern Soul dancer. This is the US Sidra boot (Pink Label made in Vinyl) from the early 70's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh8jbwo-8Lw

27)  The Exciters ‎– Do-Wah-Diddy / If Love Came Your Way (United Artists Records ‎– UA 662) £10   Original / Vintage U.S. Pressing  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jX4C4FxhBg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn6ho_R4soA

Modern soul/rare grove
1) Cardell Funk Machine - Shoot your shot/It's all over (PPU) Ex £10  Two tracks ranging from funk to steppers soul. Recorded in Donald Burnside's studio when Cardell was only 19.

£30 here >> https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/1645769?ev=rb

2) Honey B's ‎– What Love Can Do / If You Didn't (Timmion Records ‎– Timmion # 026) Ex/Ex £15 Picture cover & heavy card stock sleeve. Comes with download code. Beautiful copy. Tulsa, Oklahoma soul funk!  

3) Natural four – Try love again/Can this be real – CURTOM VG+ £5

4) Universal Mind - Reach out for me Mono/Stereo White label promo (Red coach) Ex £10 great version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy6RQXugyws
5) The Fabulous Fugitives and Their Review* Featuring Michael Sharkey ‎– What the World Needs/You made me cry (Cultures Of Soul Records ‎– COS 004) Ex £5 2 monster modern/funk sides!!!

6) Pleasure ‎– Ghettos of the Mind/I'm mad (Fantasy ‎– F-774) VG+ £15 Killer groove – bargain!
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdFBYKcQKhE

7) Pure Funk - Get Away / Nothing Left Is Real (Alexis Records ‎– ALX-2010) M £10 Monster repress OG is £500 45 – quality reprint 

8) Ronnie Keaton / Maggie Thrett ‎– Going down for the Last Time / Soupy (Galaxy Sound Co. ‎– GSC 45 02) M £7.50 2 very rare killers on one 45 www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfM6kc-ZCN0   & www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrrySIRMCsM

9) The Stony island band - Stony island band/Same (Glades) Ex White label promo £10 Top drawer party starter at silly price! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz8G7Vc1THM
10) Honey Cone – If I can’t fly/Woman can’t live by bread alone (hot Wax) Ex £10 Killer 45

Slick soul at its best! 

11) Five Stairsteps & Cubie ‎– Don't Change Your Love / New Dance Craze (Curtom ‎– CR 1931) £     Early USA Original Pressing

12) The Summits – Let me love you again/ It takes two (DC International) Ex £10. This terrific female soul two-fer was recorded right here in my neck of the woods... in Silver Spring, MD! The A side has a Philly soul feel to it, and the B side (which by the way is not the Marvin Gaye-Kim Weston duet) is a terrific dance number that's been very popular in the Northern Soul scene. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qedufa196gM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU6WbUJWgw0

13) Big Apple Band B.A.B. /  Pinch Of Perfection  ‎– Party & Get On Down / All That's Left Is Memories (Pluto) Ex £10   www.youtube.com/watch?v=UospJZXeEdo
 Save yourself £800 on this loud reissue repressed from the master tapes & long deleted!
https://www.popsike.com/Ultra-Rare-Modern-Soul-Funk-45-BAB-Party-Get-On-Down-Sugar-mp3/181022772245.html

Funk/X-over
1) Darker Shades Ltd – Trackin’ Down Jody/Trackin’ Down Jody Part II (ACR) (EX) RE £5 super heavy aggro soulful bomb,  rare - Save yourself £800 on this exact legit copy

2) Abraham And The Metronomes* /  Illinois Connection  ‎– Party / Po' Boy's Dream  (Funk45 ‎– FUNK45.020) Ex £5 Legit reissue of a £1000 OG  
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJZMK31Axm4

3) JOHNSON, JESSE - Kickin´ The Habit/ Chocolate Fudge Express - Down The Line - Turf Records - New York NY - 1972 £7.50

4) T.J & The Group – Reddy Freddy/ Blues for the B’s (M&M) (M-) £10 long deleted lookalike repro. Bolshy, swagggering boogaloo banger. Old Keb Darge deep funk spin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J4pJeE74bw

5) The Chefs  ‎– Mr. Machine parts 1 & 2 (FUNK45.003) Ex £10 This thing is a funk monster and the OG is about as rare as it gets.£1000+  
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXwBzIGOzx4

6) Timothy McNealy  ‎– Funky Movement No.2 / Sagittarius Black  (Soul Fire ‎– SF 011) £5 Soul Fire reissue of the Shawn 0157 release from 1972 reproducing the original label design www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loo3SuVsz6Q
  www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExcjsVR8Uhw

7) James Brown – The Drunk /A Man Has To Go Back To the Crossroads (Bethlehem) VG+ £7.50
www.youtube.com/watch?v=la1X5zcNP6o
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLD6KR1VVfg

8)  Baby Huey & the Babysitters ‎– Mighty Mighty Children Pt. 1/Pt 2 (Radio Active Gold ‎– RD 97) VG+ £5 Curtis Mayfield produced excellence! www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zm870UL8M0

9)  Thunder, Lightning & Rain ‎– Super Funky pt 1/pt 2 (Vox Pop 45's ‎– N1/4 02) £5   superb sounding funk reissue – save yourself a few hundred quid!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V28aZYY-BeE

10) Soul explosions - love is the answer / barnyard pimp - tramp TR 115 Ex £5
Two track soul 45 by this obscure band, consisting of soldiers, stationed in Germany in the seventies. These tracks were once recorded on a small German label from that time, and now available again! www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUU3cvnPg2c
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2GKIcxgOoQ

11)  THE M & S BAND - Egg Roll (Funk 45) 2005 Ex £10 one-sided Keb Darge acetate find. Rather good, this one. Lots of pace, this is the only known recording by an outfit called the M&S Band who recorded 'Egg Roll' at the Virtue Recording Studio in Philadelphia circa 1967/68.  The only known copy was discovered by the DJ Keb Darge and was cleaned up and reissued. www.youtube.com/watch?v=poCdUyeps18

12) Arlene Brown And  Lee "Shot" Williams*/  Arlene Brown*  ‎– Impeach Me Baby / You're Gonna Miss Me  (Dynamite Records ‎– 8664) Ex £20 Superb RARE original BLUES FUNK 45!!!  Not available on any re-release! £100 here https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/70794075
 Grab a bargain www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyY7UsPt2RM

13) Black Fur – Feel the shock/ When we get together (Bar Tone) 2nd issue  M £5 Mega Rare On Original - Laid Back 70s Group b/w Powerful Funk  As comped by Keb Darge on Legendary deep funk 3 www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sAsGX-1SRY

14) Bobby Williams – Funky super fly pt 1/pt 2  (MTVH) VG+ £10  www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rh2LDvqXOs

15) Foster Sylvers: Title: So Close/ Misdemeanour (Pride) VG+ £7.50 www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpgsErJyAlY

16) Myra Barnes ‎– The Message from the Soul Sisters pt 1 & 2 King Records 45-6334 VG-VG+ plays great £15  www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyOFZ8rQZf0

17) Detroit Sex Machines "Rap it together/the funky crawl" Soul Track/Soul Fire (long out of print reissue) Ex £7 Save yourself a couple of grand! 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_t9JBRm2A
www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_t9JBRm2A

18) Fantastic Epic's‎– Fun And Funk part 2/part 3 (Tories T-1001) VG+ £7 www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbGXb-KlrzI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBU8YCisJhI

19) Alice Clark ‎– Don't You Care / Never Did I Stop Loving You (Acid Jazz ‎– AJX171S) Ex £10 - Sought after double sider of X-over soul perfection 

20) Stringfellow - Grooving Is Easy/Poor fool (Treesong) M £7.50 Seattle 1972 Treesong Reissue EX Funky dancer!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf_OOlty9ws
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAfkCNhzcgM

21) Billy Sugar ‎– Super Duper Love (Are You Diggin' On Me) part 1/part2 (Fast Track ‎– FT 2501)VG+ £7.50  Tired of all that ‘northern’ soul – try some ‘southern’  - Just as good!  
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMcHjnCCLFw

22) Morning After – Hey Girl / Disco – Tick (Reward Records) M £10 Rare lookalike RE Great slow to mid-temp Soul side, with a frantic Disco flip, nice Crossover sound…www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9_0c--79K0

23) Julius Brockington & the magic force – This feeling (freedom) part 1/part 2 (Burma) Ex £20   www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ_GcBMtPxQ

24) Bus People express ‎– Augusta Georgia (Here I Come) / South Carolina (Hot pie & Candy ‎– DAP-1069/Daptone Records ‎– DAP-1069) M £5 Poets of Rhythm release, under one of their numerous aliases RE of a very rare OG £100+ 45
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRZvPxrmR-g
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmYVyb9iy

25) The Herb Johnson Settlement ‎– Damph F'Aint/Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (Toxsan Records ‎– 106) lookalike Re £6 Impossible to find deep funk repress. Seen this RE go for £40 recently – Bargain for a killer tune! www.youtube.com/watch?v=WycCdlRLo60

26) Billy Ball & The Upsetters ‎– Popcorn '69 / Sissy Walk (Apollo (4) ‎– 90833) RE M £7.50 Rare Re of a £500 Deep funk classic
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw891sByPwE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCFGPgqvFPQ

27) Willard Burton & the funk four – Funky in here/every beat of my heart (Capitol) Ex £10 A total bargain – Textbook funk! www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Rhw26I5rA

28) Christine Adams - Loneliness Is Always Around/Mr Soul brother (CYCLONE) Ex £20 www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_SyK3Vb_o8 

Mod/Boogaloo/Jazz/Latin
1) Byrdie Green / Kent Schneider ‎– Return Of the Prodigal Son / the Church Is Within Us, O Lord (Jazzman ‎– JM.027) Ex £12
2 killers on one 45 - £30 on other sites www.youtube.com/watch?v=QktIufwCC9A
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMEQMaPDEA

2) James Brown And The Famous Flames ‎– Here I Go/Shhhhhhhh (For A Little While)  (King Records 45-6164 Blue Label) VG+ £5
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMC30TZaL_s

3) THE HIGHLIGHTERS - Chitlin pot part 1 / 2 (More B records - Press : US 1965) VG+ £30  Totally unknown Mod Jazz Organ Funk 45 private pressing Rare find.. great early instumental organ funk track. B side has a funky vocal track that is different from part 1.
£63 here https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/5294401?ev=rb

4) THE TORQUES Bumpin / Mercy Mercy (Lemco) Ex £30 Hard hitting funk 45. Rare one!  Listen below!

5) Don Fardon – The dreaming room/Indian reservation (Crescendo) VG+ £7.50 Another slept on cool as a jazz cat mod tune – again you’ll be hard pressed to spend £7.50 in a better way!   www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-u83NgRgr4

6) Wee Willie Denson  ‎– Strange things are happening /that's all I want from you (May ‎– MY-144) VG+ £10 Cool Mod psyche R&B here – Sold for $100 on popsike – bargain here >> www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZOxwebo4SU

7) Manny Corchado - Pow Wow/Chicken & Booze (Jazzman) Ex £5 Top notch latin double sider - have a listen www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixFwreqw244
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLRAXdp2JBo

8) Iris Bell trio – Baby You’ve got soul/Something else  (Tramp) Ex £10  The Iris Bell Trio was originally from Charleston, WV and consisted of Iris Bell, Dick Pierson, and Butch Miles. In their seven years of existence the trio recorded two 45RPM singles and one full length album. This is their debut release and what a smokin' monster it is. Mod Jazz finery at its best !!!   www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ofvgpferg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-uE2wrDKZw

10) Johnny Jones & the King Casuals - Soul Poppin' / Blues for Brothers (Brunswick 55376) VG+ £15
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJtvvqv8fSw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rTTagAx9jc

11) The Young Holt Trio: Wack Wack / this little light of mine (Brunswick 1967) Ex £10 Classic killer mod jazz dancer. A monster dancefloor favourite (compiled by Gilles Peterson on the legendary JAZZ JUICE compilations back in the 1980's and on the Kent compilation “ It’s Torture “) by the ex-Ramsey Lewis trio members! Ring wear on the label Original US 45
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGydTQJ6ikA

12) Richard ‘Groove’ Holmes – Soul power/Gimme little Sign (Prestige) Ex £10
Mod jazz classic – always thought Prestige was the funkier label than blue note!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-h7bcH6T4c
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwFfdvDX9_4

13) Jimmy McGriff ‎– The Worm / Keep Loose (Solid State Records SD 2524) VG+  £10 Classic Mod Jazz spin with that famous cowbell drum opening - Cool 45 www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFkpuuYKWq8

14) Train Up Featuring  F. Sortino* &  A. Farrington*  ‎– What Is Wrong With Grooving / In The Name Of Love (Dejavu ‎– djv 40003) M £7.50 2 Killer covers of Mod jazz classics on one 45 www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryEmypnrcE4
https://www.juno.co.uk/products/train-up-francesca-looking-at-the-sea/369273-01/

15) Lorez Alexandria - I'm Wishin'/Endless (Pzazz Records 001): Ex £20 Promotion Copy. PZAZZ RECORDS "Put some pzazz in your jazz!" Double sided Soul jazz gem – great condition! I actually rate the B side over the A - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7iSIvJggU8
 Absolute steal at this price! 

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!