Chuck Cornish - A Tribute To Mohammed Ali

Stubbsy

White Cliffs demo went on ebay for $586 (£471) yesterday :ohmy: see link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371863196029?ul_noapp=true

I know this one was M- and the demo I had and let go for £30 a couple of years ago was only VG (and that was with a £5 profit :D) but is it now really going for such big amounts and is it as described in the auction as Mega Rare, extremely in demand and getting big spins. Is it, or was this just marketing talk?

Perhaps it shot up in value following the death of the great man last year?

Great uptempo record though. Can't say I'd heard it before Des Parker gave it a spin 5 or 6 years ago at Solid Hit Soul :thumbsup:

Anyone know whether it was an oldie from back in the day, or who started spinning?

Edited by Stubbsy
amended
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I sold the one on eBay. I've seen it on many playlists lately. It's a hard record to find in M- condition, but went for slightly more than I thought it would. Five separate bidders over $500 though. Sold to the US. With the Senator Jones 45 being so incredibly rare and unobtainable to most people I think a lot of people go for the Chuck Cornish as a second-best-thing.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Thanks for clearing that up Sebastian. I was already under the impression that most of the copies around were in somewhat less than M- condition, so you did well to find one! Seems strange it went to the US though if its getting big spins on the soul scene!

Social source share

This has been a regular spin over here for over 20 years since Finewine put people onto it back then and clean copies weren't too hard to find and still in the $50-$75 range, that said as soon as picked up the Senator Jones DYLM this version became an also-ran.  For real White Cliffs rarity you should look out for 242 and 239 is also a winner. 

Edited by pomonkey
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!