finally got my record/stereo set up nicely!

Ljblanken

I got bought 2 decks Stanton T62   from the mrs  already had a ps621i Gemini  mixing decks .bought myself two pioneer sjd50x  amplified speaker  sound is fab I live in a 1860 terrace so have a  12ft by 13 ft wooden yew dance floor  the decks on a leaf table in the second living room /dinning room records in boxes beneath  just perfect for entertaining mates or practicing sets .

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hiya, I see the the set up in the toilet is pretty bog standard, hope that's Lou Rawls on  on the decks ?  Should really be playing ' exarse trek'.  Although after heavy weekend it could be ' ooh it hurts me'  piles and piles of stuff could be dropped, including one or two unreleased gems !!   Cheers

• Helpful 3
Social source share

54 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Do you manage to fill all those venues, Kev?  Need to update my setup.....

Fantastic Steve.  I thought the first twin decks were credited to some 60's DJ . It looks like you've debunked that theory!

Do I fill all those venues?....only with sound mate.

:hatsoff2:- Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 17/02/2017 at 17:44, ljblanken said:

sorry, i am sure there are other threads on this (but couldn't find). 

just moved to new place and got my turntables and records sorted how i like them. also, shelves are on wheels so i can wheel into another room if my wife wants them out of the way (guests coming over or whatever)...and nice little dance floor right in front! (little puff of white in the lower left corner is dog's tail!)

what other types of set-ups do folks favor?

IMG_0710.thumb.jpg.d0231d4de59bc38499dd3fc5e84940ea.jpg

Love the matching record boxes!

we had an extension to the back of the lounge/dining room built on and also have a dancefloor - if i take away the mrs' mats.  The camera on tripod is set up to photo all records for the insurance - keeps me quiet of an evening.

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

• Helpful 2
Social source share

23 hours ago, bbrich said:

Love the matching record boxes!

we had an extension to the back of the lounge/dining room built on and also have a dancefloor - if i take away the mrs' mats.  The camera on tripod is set up to photo all records for the insurance - keeps me quiet of an evening.

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

Eup m8 !!!!!great setup but what gets me is you say camera for taking pics of records for insurance purposes but we were told by our insurance company that they wouldn't cover our records !!!!! Can you give us more details on how they cover them on your policy ? Sorry for being nosey . baz

Social source share

Hi Baz,  found 'Home & Legacy' who would insure quite a large value of vinyl records under our home contents and buildings insurance. They are covered all risks anywhere in the world. (I am pretty sure dj'ing is not covered though!). I queried with them what i would need in the event of a claim & they said  "We would be asking to see an inventory of your collection and proof of ownership which could be photographs if you no longer have receipts, our claims team would have their own sources to check values."   The cost was approx £100 per year above our quote from 'More than insurance'. atb rich

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Holy cow! Nice wall art Baz1!

Sorry for lack of replies on this thread by myself. Good news is that I got my records set up. Bad news is that I now drive 90 minutes each way to work (on California highways full of insane people driving 90 miles an hour). Been too smoked to check soul source (or listen to many records) since we moved beginning of February!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

29 minutes ago, ljblanken said:

Holy cow! Nice wall art Baz1!

Sorry for lack of replies on this thread by myself. Good news is that I got my records set up. Bad news is that I now drive 90 minutes each way to work (on California highways full of insane people driving 90 miles an hour). Been too smoked to check soul source (or listen to many records) since we moved beginning of February!

Wall art done by my lovely wife shelly :thumbup: we both have a feeling that if we were on the scene then, Stafford would have been the place for us :hatsoff2: 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

10 hours ago, baz1 said:

This is our purpose built soul room with oak dancefloor and essential built in beer fridge :yes: sun room is off to the side if the volume gets tumped up :thumbup: all soundproofed so the neighbours are safe ish!!!!! Just love it. Just added pic of garden from upstairs cant wait for the summer soul do's at ours,great times

DSC_0978.JPG

DSC_0979.JPG

DSC_0980.JPG

DSC_0981.JPG

DSC_0982.JPG

DSC_0983.JPG

DSC_0932.JPG

lovely Gaff !  your dance floor is about same as ours to jig around on . yours is a little club house  of gaff . luv  it .living the dream !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!