Charity CD of Unissued Acetates & Rare Tracks

Pete S

Message from Louie's Mom:

Hi Pete I really cannot thank you enough for how much generosity you have shown us. My boyfriend has been racking his brains with a way we can thank you and we would love to do something to say thank you to you and the Northern Soul Community.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Pete S said:

Message from Louie's Mom:

Hi Pete I really cannot thank you enough for how much generosity you have shown us. My boyfriend has been racking his brains with a way we can thank you and we would love to do something to say thank you to you and the Northern Soul Community.

Nice one Pete

Im sure you'll agree that knowing that we've helped the little lad is more than enough. It's your gig though mate. 

Social source share

Just to let everyone know, another £125 gone into the Louie fund, thank you all once again, only need a few quid now and it will top £4000. I said I wouldn't do any more CD's but it seems daft not to keep raising the money.
Social source share

I'm afraid that's not going to happen mate.  I received this message on Sunday.

"I sincerely hope the charity funding works a treat for the youngster. However, a word to the wise......several heavyweight collectors/DJs are fuming and are looking to cause you problems. "

So I'm afraid I have had to stop doing the cd's as I can't spend time fighting these people.

Everything on that CD was either mine, or was taken from public domain sources e.g. youtube audio, eBay sound clips.

But on the positive side, the fund reached £4000 due to the efforts of myself and all the great people who've supported it.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/louie2008?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=shares-from-email&utm_campaign=sponsor-receipt-email-share-facebook&utm_content=louie2008%3Futm_medium%3Demail&post_id=10152470961751929_10155179787881929#_=_

• Helpful 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Pete S said:

I'm afraid that's not going to happen mate.  I received this message on Sunday.

"I sincerely hope the charity funding works a treat for the youngster. However, a word to the wise......several heavyweight collectors/DJs are fuming and are looking to cause you problems. "

So I'm afraid I have had to stop doing the cd's as I can't spend time fighting these people.

Everything on that CD was either mine, or was taken from public domain sources e.g. youtube audio, eBay sound clips.

But on the positive side, the fund reached £4000 due to the efforts of myself and all the great people who've supported it.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/louie2008?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=shares-from-email&utm_campaign=sponsor-receipt-email-share-facebook&utm_content=louie2008%3Futm_medium%3Demail&post_id=10152470961751929_10155179787881929#_=_

muvvafekkers !!!!

Social source share

Could I just say thank you to people from Soul Source who donated but some of you have sent me paypal payments with no addresses on so don't have anywhere to send the CD's to!  So if you are a person from Soul Source who has paid me can you just make sure I have your address.

Social source share

IT SAYS 'PETE' BUT IT'S FOR EVERYONE WHO DONATED, THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN

THE FUND HIT £4000 LAST WEEKEND

Pete, you were in the top 1% of donors for February

You were one of the most generous donors on JustGiving in February. Out of 428560 donors, you were in the top 1%!

Thank you so much.

Share this achievement with your friends.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 19/02/2017 at 20:34, Pete S said:

If anyone wants their CD's sent to them as audio files via We Transfer I can do that - it means you won't have to wait for the postman but it also means you'd have to burn it yourself. If you want to do that, just PM me with your email address.

Cheers Pete, Just received my email with the Audio File transfer (works great).

Kirsty (Keep up the good work)

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Help Required Please

Does anyone have a copy of the Rare Soul Charity CD that was available on here last year for about £11 (No longer available, I have checked)?

If anyone could burn me a copy or send the tracks to my email address if that would be more convenient I will gladly reimburse you and for the record I have also contributed to the 'Louie's New Legs' Fund.

Many Thanks Everyone,

John. m7gun@talktalk.net

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!