News: Motown Related Auction 22 and 23 Feb 2017 (including the Andantes)

Mike

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

All winning bids now online.

Go to SAS auctions and click 'prices realised' they are all there!!

One person (who shall remain nameless) dominated the buying although he did have some opposition from the 'net'.

Very mixed bag re prices - usual auction!

I attended but got so overwhelmed with the volume of stuff mentally switched off - and I attend many auctions!

Spent my money on other bits and got just one Motown item

Dave Sallis

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sorry guys

don't know where you are looking but I've just got all the details from their site  again!

To reiterate Go to Special Auction Services website - go to 'prices realised' - click on 'Music and Entertainment' and then click on 22nd and 23rd February. They are there honest!!

Dave Sallis 

Social source share

13 hours ago, bilkoba said:

Sorry guys

don't know where you are looking but I've just got all the details from their site  again!

To reiterate Go to Special Auction Services website - go to 'prices realised' - click on 'Music and Entertainment' and then click on 22nd and 23rd February. They are there honest!!

Dave Sallis 

I think people maybe going to the wrong website (thesalesroom.com), whereas, as you say, go to Special Auction Services and follow those instructions.

Here's a link ...

https://www.specialauctionservices.com/large/me220217/index.html

Cheers
Mick

Just noticed two posts up the same link

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Thank you ,MH, got in on your link. Results overview; most of acetates only realised half of estimate,and lots of £200-£300 acetates did not sell, highest price for me The Originals :"Young Train " w/l promo made £600 a giant leap in the last 12 months. LP,s Motown  ,showed the lack of interest in the brand most making only £5to £10 and all the once wanted items where there. I Sold my Motown LPs last year with Omega Auctions of Manchester ,did much better ! 

Social source share

Young Train, been a big record for a few years now and is virtually impossible to get and with so many after it I thought 600 was cheap.  Had it been on JM auction it would IMO have gone for more.

Not sure if it was lack of interest in the brand or the fact  being how and where they were auctioned and the number of people it would reach.  I tried to follow but simply didn't have the time to sit through all the uninteresting stuff and far too mnay lots.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!