Lowton Civic Hall - November

Guest sharynm

Guest sharynm

It's too cold at the seaside so don't forget Lowton Civic Hall on November 10th

The very best in Northern, Rare and Modern soul, in two great rooms.

8PM- 2.00AM with late drinks bar now in both rooms until 1.00AM

DJ's Dean Anderson - Andy Dyson - Bob Hinsley - Paul Harris - Ian Cunliffe - Baz maleady - Steve Connor and Vanessa

Admission only £5 pay on the door

Hesketh Meadow Lane - Lowton nr Wigan. 5 mins from main A580 East Lancs Road

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest toffee lady

DJ's Dean Anderson - Andy Dyson - Bob Hinsley - Paul Harris - Ian Cunliffe - Baz maleady - Steve Connor and Vanessa

YIPEEEEEEE 1.00 O'CLOCK BAR BRILL SHAZ!!!!!! :D

Guest sharynm

No Rnb room then? :thumbsup:

I don't think so but i'll check with Kev. I know nothing I'm just the monkey :thumbsup: I don't think there were a lot of people going to the RnB room

Guest Pete Griffin

I don't think so but i'll check with Kev. I know nothing I'm just the monkey :lol: I don't think there were a lot of people going to the RnB room

Maybe it should get advertised better, i only knew about it by chance. I also got to dj for it as well, The sounds were spot on in there. its just a shame not many people know about it. :lol:

Pete

www.boogalooradio.com

Guest toffee lady

Maybe it should get advertised better, i only knew about it by chance. I also got to dj for it as well, The sounds were spot on in there. its just a shame not many people know about it. :thumbsup:

Pete

Edited by toffee lady

Maybe it should get advertised better, i only knew about it by chance. I also got to dj for it as well, The sounds were spot on in there. its just a shame not many people know about it. :thumbsup:

Pete

ww.boogalooradio.com

Hi Pete

Fair comment. Thanks for the positive feedback on the R&B room. There are some changes in the pipeline for Lowton concentrating more on the Northern / Rare soul side of things and building on the reputation of Lowtons main room as one of the more (musically)forward thinking events.

For instance the back room this month will be featuring Crossover, rare 70's and a smattering of quality 60's. DJ's on the night will be Andy Dyson, Chris Anderton, Bob Hinsley and Myself, add this to the Northern Room and you have a pretty good night out for anyone who enjoys great soul music.

Going forward, the back room will be featuring a selection of guests who have always had a passion for playing records away from the mainstream so I would suspect that you will find R&B will be included. The smaller third room (the room you refere to) will now not be used only perhaps at the February Anniversay Mini All - Nighter.

Please be assured that these sessions, the music policy and the guest DJ's will be well promoted at the time

Hope this helps

BazM

Lowton Civic Hall - Second Friday of Every Month - One of the North Wests longest running Soul Nights.

Hi Sharyn

Just an update Chris Anderton has been added to the back room rosta for the November night on the 10th.

Looking forward to Chris's debut at Lowton, the ex Bretby and Allbrighton regular DJ has great taste in music and a superb collection, as shown in his recent guest spots on Mark Bicknells Soul Shack radio show and excellent main room spot at a recent TSOP Prestwich night

Hi Sharyn

Just an update Chris Anderton has been added to the back room rosta for the November night on the 10th.

Looking forward to Chris's debut at Lowton, the ex Bretby and Allbrighton regular DJ has great taste in music and a superb collection, as shown in his recent guest spots on Mark Bicknells Soul Shack radio show and excellent main room spot at a recent TSOP Prestwich night

And of course Mr Murphy will be doin a bit

Really looking forward to this one guys.......will be setting up the record sales too, just been sorting out some tunes to fill up the boxes with.....

Guess I`ll be playing some nice crossover and 70s type sounds, stuff i dont get the chance to play every week....as i said i`m really looking forward to it.....

See you there....

Chris

Really looking forward to this one guys.......will be setting up the record sales too, just been sorting out some tunes to fill up the boxes with.....

Guess I`ll be playing some nice crossover and 70s type sounds, stuff i dont get the chance to play every week....as i said i`m really looking forward to it.....

See you there....

Chris

If your guest spot on Mr Bicknells show is anything to go by Chris looking forward to some quality crossover tuneage :thumbsup:

Gonna be a top night, as always :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to this friday

cheers

Paul

Edited by soul45s

I wonder if some kind person can save me a table in the record bar? A 5 foot table should do it.......

Been sorting out a few tunes to play, records everywhere, halfway between relocating....at this rate I`ll turn up with 6 cardboard boxes of stuff....

Chris

Hi Chris

Kev said try to get there early as the sales tables soon get taken up and its difficult to save them once the record bar gets busy

cheers

Paul