News: Pied Piper Finale - Kent Records - Now Out!

Mike

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

note that if on chrome and player not working you may have to go to the top right of your browser and click the red x next to the fav star

you will then be given the option of 'run all plugins this time'

that will then allow the flash player to play one time

Social source share

This is a brilliant set, now playing on rotation here.  Delighted to see future Kent releases will capture subsequent discoveries from this Northern Soul 'Holy Grail' source.  

Clearly the master tapes to the Hesitations and Freddy Butler albums are available as used in the Pied Piper releases so it will be great to have them released by Kent Records if possible with the upgraded sound quality possible. The earlier Goldmine releases are I think the only time those two albums have been on CD.

Edited by ThinkSmart
Social source share

Bari track was a Solid Hitbound production and Joe Douglas, Reggie Alexander, Four Sonics and Persians weren't Pied Piper productions.

The Renegade.

PS Dr. Ed Wolfrum named 'The bari track' when there was no title on the tape box and he wanted to remember what it was ! He engineered the session at Golden World.

Social source share

16 hours ago, Rob Moss said:

Bari track was a Solid Hitbound production and Joe Douglas, Reggie Alexander, Four Sonics and Persians weren't Pied Piper productions.

The Renegade.

PS Dr. Ed Wolfrum named 'The bari track' when there was no title on the tape box and he wanted to remember what it was ! He engineered the session at Golden World.

You forgot Yvonne Baker.

It's explained in the notes

Edited by ady croasdell
Added a bit
Social source share

I once tried to run a do where I hired CD decks to play unreleased tracks from discs alongside OVO. Failed miserably and bombed big time but this and other releases I feel vindicate the effort if not the execution. Got to agree with Jim Elliot 'Ease My Mind' brilliant track.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!