9-10 Cubo

10-11 Mick Howard

11-12 Flanny

12-1 Gaz Simon

1-2 Cubo

2-3 Daz Carr & Ewan

Backbeat R&B Room

Joe Dutton,Hoss and guests..

A1, J56, B6275 1 MILE NORTH OF SCOTCH CORNER, 4 MILES TO PIERCEBRIDGE, THE GEORGE HOTEL IS ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE AS SOON AS YOU ENTER PIERCEBRIDGE. PLENTY OF PARKING, 15 MINUTE TAXI RIDE FROM DARLINGTON TRAIN STATION.

ALL DETAILS ARE ON THE FLYER..

post-3349-1163072735_thumb.jpg

The George Hotel is back up and running as normal after the shut down through a problem with the Swallow hotel Group but now ran independently.

Anyone looking to travel and stop over, ring me ASAP as the hotel does get booked up fairly quickly but we do also use local B&B's once The George is full.. My mobile No is 07878099394 for any information

:D ..

Cheers

Harry

Edited by THE BRIGADIER
  • Replies 93
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Before anybody starts... this isn't a dig... just a pity it's the same night as Soul or Nothing :D

I know its not a dig Joan, I wont take it is one but this is the date I have had booked all year. I spoke to Steve about it the other nite but there is that much going on guess there's bound to be some clashes and I have had most of the dj line up for a while so could not change it.

SOUTH DURHAM SOUL

PIERCEBRIDGE

SATURDAY DEC 2ND

7 TILL 3AM

3 ROOMS

A1, J56, B6275 1 MILE NORTH OF SCOTCH CORNER, 4 MILES TO PIERCEBRIDGE, THE GEORGE HOTEL IS ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE AS SOON AS YOU ENTER PIERCEBRIDGE. PLENTY OF PARKING, 15 MINUTE TAXI RIDE FROM DARLINGTON TRAIN STATION.

The George Hotel is back up and running as normal after the shut down through a problem with the Swallow hotel Group but now ran independently.

Anyone looking to travel and stop over, ring me ASAP as the hotel does get booked up fairly quickly but we do also use local B&B's once The George is full.. My mobile No is 07878099394 for any information

:rolleyes: ..

Cheers

Harry

AVERAGE ATTENDANCE 250 - 300 !

THE BEST NIGHT IN THE NORTH EAST !

NOW WITH THREE ROOMS !

GET THERE FOR A GREAT NIGHT OF RARE TUNES AND A FANTASTIC DJ LINE UP.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NIGHT, IF YOU AINT BEEN GET THERE & ENJOY !

SEE YOU ALL ON THE 2ND OF DEC !

MERRY CHRISTMAS :P

Edited by Baz

NOW WITH THREE ROOMS !

MERRY CHRISTMAS :rolleyes:

ok will do....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Baz
Guest THE BRIGADIER

PM' post='371745']

NOW WITH THREE ROOMS !

MERRY CHRISTMAS :P

Can i edit this a little :rolleyes:

Edited by THE BRIGADIER
Guest the dukester

Before anybody starts... this isn't a dig... just a pity it's the same night as Soul or Nothing :rolleyes:

...............................Also same night as Easington Welfare Hall :P

Edited by the dukester
Guest the dukester

Come on Dukesy, no worries mentioning it but not putting an advert up for it :rolleyes:

Yes mate fair comment, ( I copied it from a post I had put on here on Oct 19th )

no malice intended :P

(Pissed off cos me & the missus said we would do the next Piercebridge now that we have decided to go bi monthly at Easington) ce la vie!

Yes mate fair comment, ( I copied it from a post I had put on here on Oct 19th )

no malice intended :rolleyes:

(Pissed off cos me & the missus said we would do the next Piercebridge now that we have decided to go bi monthly at Easington) ce la vie!

I know their wernt, we just gotta keep some sort of ettiquet :lol::P

I can fully recomend the place wont be making this one either but will be up in the new year so if your there will share a pint with ya!

Guest the dukester

I know their wernt, we just gotta keep some sort of ettiquet :lol::P

I can fully recomend the place wont be making this one either but will be up in the new year so if your there will share a pint with ya!

Sounds good to me, heard good comments on all they have done, but the problem for us is we wer'nt there to sample it :rolleyes:

Guest Neil Taylor

this is going to be a great night of soul music,now with a third room playing the best in r&b with joe dutton and the backbeat boys...fantastic. :thumbsup: .....neil.

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

this is going to be a great night of soul music,now with a third room playing the best in r&b with joe dutton and the backbeat boys...fantastic. :lol: .....neil.

Don't forget the quality sounds in the Modern room...

SOUTH DURHAM SOUL

PIERCEBRIDGE

SATURDAY DEC 2ND

7 TILL 3AM

3 ROOMS

:thumbsup: ..

Cheers

Harry

it's business as usual once again harry,now running with THREE ROOMS can only add to the event,something for everyone I think,the north west should be well represented and looking forward to spinning a few along side messers bicknell and flanders,flyer looks really well also :thumbsup:

Mick

Guest THE BRIGADIER

it's business as usual once again harry,now running with THREE ROOMS can only add to the event,something for everyone I think,the north west should be well represented and looking forward to spinning a few along side messers bicknell and flanders,flyer looks really well also :tumbleweed3:

Mick

Give you bell over the weekend Mick about what's happening in the future, probably sunday.. :thumbsup:

H

SOUTH DURHAM SOUL

PIERCEBRIDGE

SATURDAY DEC 2ND

7 TILL 3AM

3 ROOMS

:ohmy: ..

Cheers

Harry

Hi Harry, Looking forward to it m8 gonna be making the journey up with Gary & Linda from Southport so look forward to seeing you..Good to see you at Middleton the other week..

Malc

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Hi Harry, Looking forward to it m8 gonna be making the journey up with Gary & Linda from Southport so look forward to seeing you..Good to see you at Middleton the other week..

Malc

Will be good to see you up here Malc, let me know asap if you need rooms cos i was at The Earl of Doncaster on friday, 5 couples from that nite alone have booked up so they have started to go early.

Harry

Will be good to see you up here Malc, let me know asap if you need rooms cos i was at The Earl of Doncaster on friday, 5 couples from that nite alone have booked up so they have started to go early.

Harry

Harry

Did you book our room?. Bri forgot to give you the money at Earl of Donny, will get it to you next time I see you.

Kirstyx

Again are there any kind Souls out there from Greater Manchester area that could possibly give me a lift to this one, will cover petrol expences etc. otherwise how the bugger do i get there Harry by Bus or Train???????lol contact bicknellmark@aol.com or telephone 0161 330 6267.

Mr Howard!!!! perhaps i could travel up with you?, perhaps a bribe of coming on the show again might swing this....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Again are there any kind Souls out there from Greater Manchester area that could possibly give me a lift to this one, will cover petrol expences etc. otherwise how the bugger do i get there Harry by Bus or Train???????lol contact bicknellmark@aol.com or telephone 0161 330 6267.

Mr Howard!!!! perhaps i could travel up with you?, perhaps a bribe of coming on the show again might swing this....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

sorry Mark,four already in our car,it's only a fiesta so with overnight stuff and records,will ask about for you and let you know if the situation changes

Mick

Harry I`ve heard excellent reports about Piercebridge but we`ve always seemed to be otherwise engaged. This time however it appears my wife Gail pre-booked 3 rooms so we have no excuse or reason to go elsewhere. :lol:

The outstanding is winging it`s way to you as I type, so here`s to a great night on the 2nd of Dec. :wicked:

Kirsty were you at Earl last Fri? If so I never spotted you or I`d have come and chatted & soothed your war wound (broken finger) :ohmy:

Harry and all, really sorry but due to work commitments, short staffed etc. i have to work that weekend, also had to pull out of the 'Soul Fusion' gig in Cheltenham due to the same circumstances, the joys of working in retail i guess! (thanks for being so understanding Harry when i sent you the email informing you of this) will give the event a really big mention the week before, the least i can do, again really sorry i can't make it, have a fantastic night.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

PS - this has nothing to do with not having a lift either....lol i was all set to bus it or train.

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Harry I`ve heard excellent reports about Piercebridge but we`ve always seemed to be otherwise engaged. This time however it appears my wife Gail pre-booked 3 rooms so we have no excuse or reason to go elsewhere. ohmy.gif

The outstanding is winging it`s way to you as I type, so here`s to a great night on the 2nd of Dec. :thumbsup:

Kirsty were you at Earl last Fri? If so I never spotted you or I`d have come and chatted & soothed your war wound (broken finger) :wicked:

Sorry i missed your call last nite, that thing called working backshift :angry: should have decent crowd for this nite, No's down last time due the cancellation and then putting the nite back last minute. The hotel rooms are starting to go, 14 doubles taken already, if anymore of your friends wishing to make the journey Peter, they need to be quick to get in The George, although we do use local B&B's too! Looking forward to this one..

Harry

Harry I`ve heard excellent reports about Piercebridge but we`ve always seemed to be otherwise engaged. This time however it appears my wife Gail pre-booked 3 rooms so we have no excuse or reason to go elsewhere. :P

The outstanding is winging it`s way to you as I type, so here`s to a great night on the 2nd of Dec. :yes:

Kirsty were you at Earl last Fri? If so I never spotted you or I`d have come and chatted & soothed your war wound (broken finger) shades.gif

My PR work must have worked & you are finally coming :yes::D

It will great to see you, are all the goole soul family coming?

My other half was at The Earl of Donny, I dont think you've met him.

The finger is much better, can now hold my pint with a steady grip :yes::D

See you on the 2nd for a :D or 2 :yes: if not before.

Kirstyx

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Harry and all, really sorry but due to work commitments, short staffed etc. i have to work that weekend, also had to pull out of the 'Soul Fusion' gig in Cheltenham due to the same circumstances, the joys of working in retail i guess! (thanks for being so understanding Harry when i sent you the email informing you of this) will give the event a really big mention the week before, the least i can do, again really sorry i can't make it, have a fantastic night.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

PS - this has nothing to do with not having a lift either....lol i was all set to bus it or train.

No worries these things happen Mark, but i think we lucky to be able to get Dean in as a replacement at short notice, thanks again. :D

Harry

No worries these things happen Mark, but i think we lucky to be able to get Dean in as a replacement at short notice, thanks again. :rolleyes:

Harry

enjoyed dean anderson's spot last time,mellow souls?I usually ask him for pee wee shuck and huey and possibly detroit wheels c/u think the jury's still out on that one,on my way out speak over the weekend harry

Mick

Guest Neil Taylor

love the new avatar harry,hope this isn't the view I'm looking at during my set :rolleyes: neil,turnpikes will be on the decks for you mate :thumbsup: got the flyers ,will put some out at lowton :D

Mick

Hi Mick,cast a spell-the turnpikes......top tune.now in my collection,getting its first spin burnley all-nighter :P thanks for turning me on to such a great record.........neil.
Guest Neil Taylor

great stuff neil,good price????flip side is fantastic as well,deep soul scorcher,speak soon mate thumbsup.gif

Mick

GOOD PRICE???-AS WELL AS A TRIP TO THE DENTIST AND BUYING THE TURNPIKES,BEANS ON TOAST IS ON THE MENU A FEW TIMES THIS WEEK IN THE TAYLOR HOUSEHOLD....LOL biggrin.gif

NEIL...

enjoyed dean anderson's spot last time,mellow souls?I usually ask him for pee wee shuck and huey and possibly detroit wheels c/u think the jury's still out on that one,on my way out speak over the weekend harry

Mick

Mick is that his hard hitting garage cover up? if its the one im thinking of its bloody ace yes.gif

that's the one baz,he played it at lowton on friday,obviously blue eyed,but definitely has something about it,he did promise to show me the record but beer.gif ........ we never got round to it laugh.gif

Mick

If you ever find out pass it on whistling.gif:lol:

Love it herd it a couple of times now instantly got me on the floor, there is some great garage type soul hybrid (one way of discribing them) records out there yes.gif

If you ever find out pass it on whistling.gif:lol:

Love it herd it a couple of times now instantly got me on the floor, there is some great garage type soul hybrid (one way of discribing them) records out there yes.gif

well.........he's on the DJ list for piercebridge.........sooooo :secret: ,sure dean wants it to stay covered,but you never know beer.giflaugh.gif
Guest THE BRIGADIER

well.........he's on the DJ list for piercebridge.........sooooo :secret: ,sure dean wants it to stay covered,but you never know :wicked::unsure:

Hi Mick, that Lonnie Youngblood track is really nice, give us a bell and i'll let you have listen. Dont think i've heard it before, but it's defo getting a whirl at next Piercebridge. Baz might know it, it's called Roll With The Punches thumbsup.gif

Hi Mick, that Lonnie Youngblood track is really nice, give us a bell and i'll let you have listen. Dont think i've heard it before, but it's defo getting a whirl at next Piercebridge. Baz might know it, it's called Roll With The Punches thumbsup.gif

Dont think i know that one Harry, is it a differnt version to the Carol Fran? or a differnt song all together

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Dont think i know that one Harry, is it a differnt version to the Carol Fran? or a differnt song all together

Not really sure Baz, it's along the lines of what Neil Taylor was playing last Piercebridge, not expensive either, there's another copy on GEMM $27 the other side is called Tomorrow.

Guest Neil Taylor

pity that,you won't be interested in a copy of leo price c/u then wicked.gif

Mick

would that be the lloyd price track by any chance,.....oooops the cats otta the bag now.its deffo not asda price though......lol

neil.

Just got off the phone from Harry, who tells me that there is only one room left at the hotel, the other 24 have all been booked.

I know there was a couple of people at The Wilton who were umming & aaring about getting a room booked, so if you are quick you will get the last one.