Any Info On This?

Ringleader

• Replies 11
  • Views 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is the first time i have posted a track, I need to sort out why it doesn't play the whole thing.

BTW I know its another version of the Kili Dee/Lesley Gore song, just wondered if it has ever been played.

This is the first time i have posted a track, I need to sort out why it doesn't play the whole thing.

BTW I know its another version of the Kili Dee/Lesley Gore song, just wondered if it has ever been played.

i_m_going_out.mp3

i_m_going_out.mp3

Social source share

First copy was discovered in Rhode Island 1976, first played on the Northern Soul scene at Cleethorpes Pier that year..Died a death after about 2 months, never to surface again... My copy was on Canusa which apparently a stood for USA + CANADA.

Great version, perhaps the best version.

Social source share

Nanette-i'm going out-canusa Output_1_2.mp3

See if this plays properly this time.

Thanks for that John. I have had this abought 10 years. I bought it in San Francisco. I always liked the Kiki Dee version, but I think this beats that.

And Pete I know what you mean about the Muriel Day comparison. I think the vocal is borderline, but just on the right side of what is acceptable

Ian :rolleyes:

Social source share

Is this Nanette as in Nanette Workman who did a version Lady Marmalade, on a Canadian lable. Got a short spell of action at Wigan, In fact i remember Dave Evison asking if anyone wanted to buy a copy off him just after he had played it. It was out at the same time as Labelle had the hit and the rumour was Nanetes version was the original???

Cheers

Social source share

Is this Nanette as in Nanette Workman who did a version Lady Marmalade, on a Canadian lable. Got a short spell of action at Wigan, In fact i remember Dave Evison asking if anyone wanted to buy a copy off him just after he had played it. It was out at the same time as Labelle had the hit and the rumour was Nanetes version was the original???

Cheers

As it is a probably a Canadian recording it could be the same artist. I have that version of Lady Marmalade. If I remember it was the instrumental that got the plays

Social source share

Always thought the Kiki Dee version was good and surpised it never got played as far as I know. Wasn't Bob Crew the writer?

Yes, It's written by Bob Crewe and Gary Knight. I think Lesley Gore did it first, I don't think the KIki Dee version ever got played but I didn't realise this version had till JM said so.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!