Top 5 This Weekend

Len

First time at the Greatstone last night, hard to pick a top five there were so many great tunes played

1 Bobby Moore and the Rhythm Aces    Hey Mr Dj

2 Gene Burks                                           You Got It

3 Z Z Hill                                                  You Don't Love Me

4 Bill Coady                                              When You Find A Fool

5 Fish Go Deep                                         The Cure and the Cause (Dj Meme Philly Suite mix)

Social source share

On 1/28/2018 at 17:35, monny1916 said:

Can we not have the last post first please instead of having to scroll through year old material regards Stephen

Hi Stephen,

If you click 'Following' (top right of page) ((Although now you have posted you automatically 'follow' anyway)) You should now get a notification if someone adds a post - If you click on that notification, you will autocratically be sent to that last post (rather than to the beginning of the thread)

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Carlton Club last night, some nice tunes played by Vance early on but as usual too lazy to get up and ask the titles and Shazam let me down on every one.

1. Show Time                Marlena Shaw ,                                    more than likely known to one and all but I don't remember hearing it before, probably have at some time 

seeing as how Shazam wasn't playing fair and laziness had set in going to have to go for a few classics that brought back memories

2.  Spinners                   I'll Always Love You                               (Sunday nights at the Squirrel Club, was I ever that young)

3. David Ruffin             Walk Away From Love                            (too often one wrong word and I was off, might not have been walking away from love but you never know)

4. Lenny Curtis             Nothing Can Help You Now                  (when I had the energy to dance, bring on the bypass)

5 George Blackwell       Can't Lose My Head                              (don't laugh, writing a monologue on the card cover  when I thought paying a pound for a record was too much, to be fair I was on £5 a week for six days, I know some wag reading this is going to say FIVE POUNDS!!!! you were lucky when I wer a lad I got sixpence a month.

Just sneaking in another I found on the old Tube after putting what I thought might be the title in my phone

Classic Sullivans       Shame Shame Shame

Edited by Twoshoes
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Five sounds I enjoyed hearing played out at a Northern Soul night in Swanage Dorset. :thumbsup:  :hatsoff2:  

Gene McDaniels  - Walk With A Winner 

The Greater Experience - Don't Forget To Remember 

Nolan Porter - If I Could Only Be Sure 

Marvin Gaye - Tear It On Down 

Four Tops - I Just Can't Get You Out Of My Mind 

Social source share

• 1 month later...

My five from last night, bit of a mixed bag, ears are ringing this morning, someone pumped up the volume:wicked:

1    My Back Scratcher                  Frank Frost

2   Open the Door                        Gloria Lynne

3    Your Song                              Laura Lee

4    Evil Ways                                Johnny Mathis

5    Open Up Your Heart              Ishola Mohammed

Social source share

Bury Town Hall Nighter.

Ordinary Joe.  Terry Callier.  

I who am nothing.  All Williams 

Country Girl. Christine Cooper 

Put that women down. John Leach

I still love you . Seven Souls 

I've got to mention there where some fantastic records played by the absolutely lovely Sarah Jane that I didn't know. Pleasure to get to meet you. Play list please 

Steve Riker played some great records.  Play list please mate.  

So my top five may alter from the classic oldies listed above . I was obviously in a oldies mood last night.

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Chester all dayer 

Grey Imprint - do you get the message

Richard Marks - love is gone

Hesitations - is that the way to treat a girl

Delrays Inc - Destination Unknown 

Rising Son - Good loving

a top day out with something different, next one is in August I think 

Social source share

Five I enjoyed hearing while stuffing myself with Easter Eggs at Friends Easter Sunday afternoon/evening do at Westbourne Con Club Bournemouth Dorset :)  :hatsoff2:

Johnny Sayles - I Can't Get Enough 

Cajun Hart - Got To Find A Way 

Archie Bell & The Drells  - Tighten Up 

Two People  - Stop, Leave My Heart Alone 

Celeste Hardie - You're Gone 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!