Plinston Xmas Get Together

TheBigO

:thumbsup: Let your joy be forthcoming brothers and sisters!!! At last we have secured a venue that is willing to allow us to partake of that sweet soulful wine that we all love so dear and to party like its 1999 (thanks Prince, lol)

The venue is The 4 Emblems Club, Station Rad, Letchworth, Herts (thats right next to the rail station, between the job centre and the chinese) and a straight walk down from the Plinston.

The date, and thanks Winnie for pointing out the obvious error DOH!, is FRIDAY 1st DECEMBER

Entry is by ticket only, strictly limited to 130, and doors open 7.30pm utill late, with a late bar until 12am, loads of free parking all around, record dealers welcome (but keep sales boxes to a minimum please). Email us at nh6tsmafia@aol.com to reserve your tickets now as this is gonna be sell out!!!!

DJ' on the night, spinning those soulful Northern and Modern/Crossover Soul grooves will be: SOUL SAM (the slaphead of Soul); Taffy (the Godfather of Soul); Steve Gaunori(The Guru of Soul); Pete Burton (the keeper of Rare Soul) and TheBigO (the R Soul - er hang on!!!!) Expect a night of packed dacefloor action with toons to get even Toby off his chair and out backdropping all over again!!!!!

More details to follow, spread the word and see you on the night!

* The Plinston Soul events will be back in 2007 - watch ths space!

* Winnie, mentioned the Plinston in the title so as to be sure that all the Plinston regulars etc know its our get together rather than just say its a Xmas party run by XYZ. That way I'm hoping everyone will also know what to expect in regards to sounds, people, atmosphere and so on.Hope that clears it up for you - oh and love the aviator mate, Badda Bing!

Edited by TheBigO
  • Replies 135
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:shades: Let your joy be forthcoming brothers and sisters!!! At last we have secured a venue that is willing to allow us to partake of that sweet soulful wine that we all love so dear and to party like its 1999 (thanks Prince, lol)

The venue is The 4 Emblems Club, Station Rad, Letchworth, Herts (thats right next to the rail station, between the job centre and the chinese) and a straight walk down from the Plinston.

Entry is by ticket only, strictly limited to 130, and doors open 7.30pm utill late, with a late bar until 12am, loads of free parking all around, record dealers welcome (but keep sales boxes to a minimum please). Email us at nh6tsmafia@aol.com to reserve your tickets now as this is gonna be sell out!!!!

DJ' on the night, spinning those soulful Northern and Modern/Crossover Soul grooves will be: SOUL SAM (the slaphead of Soul); Taffy (the Godfather of Soul); Steve Gaunori(The Guru of Soul); Pete Burton (the keeper of Rare Soul) and TheBigO (the R Soul - er hang on!!!!) Expect a night of packed dacefloor action with toons to get even Toby off his chair and out backdropping all over again!!!!!

* The Plinston Sou events will be back in 2007 - watch ths space!

===========

It's great you've got a venue Neil, but having Plinston in the title of the thread could lead to some confusion. :thumbsup:

The other thing I always find helpful is a date :thumbsup:

Please note boys I have amended the details above

This is a cracking venue first played there in 1976,stage one end ,bar at the other with a proper wooden dance floor.can't wait :thumbsup:

:ohmy: Godfather of soul,keeper of rare soul ,guru of soul,dont know about "slaphead of soul"for Mr Barnfather ??...but R Soul is about right(the only soul you've got is on your shoe). :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just got off the phone to Taffy,the venues just the same as it always was,which means just right for a soul night !! :shades: .

looks like my xmas party season starting a bit earlier this year then,see up there then..

shhh.gif Godfather of soul,keeper of rare soul ,guru of soul,dont know about "slaphead of soul"for Mr Barnfather ??...but R Soul is about right(the only soul you've got is on your shoe). :lol::D

[/quote

:lol: Oi! Bitch!!! NOOOOOO! And after I let you use me in that special way that Mandy wont let you unsure.gif You said you'd always love me - boo hoo!!!!

thumbsup.gif Venue is cracking, just right for a gathering of the faithful, a lot like The Ghetto! but with all dancefloor. Spoke to Sam this afternoon and bless him he's chomping at the bit to get down, as are Pete and Taffy it seems as well, and I am certain that Steve will be shortly gracing this post with his rantings as well. Roll on the 1st December!! Hoping for a Soulgate meets The Ghetto! meets the Jackmans/1-2-3 Club/Belindas/ Arabia/The 78 Soul Club and of course (drum roll please) Westbury Soul Nites!!!! Those that were there in those heady days some 25+ years ago will understand, those that weren't soon will! Can someone please bring a wheelchair for Toby if the backdrops dont work out as planned tongue.gif

Edited by TheBigO

:lol: Hi Neil,just noticed your new picture,Jane looks good in your dress :lol: suits her better than you..

put me down for 4 tickets please and foward the invoice,cheers mate..

The date, and thanks Winnie for pointing out the obvious error DOH!, is FRIDAY 1st DECEMBER

* The Plinston Soul events will be back in 2007 - watch ths space!

* Winnie, mentioned the Plinston in the title so as to be sure that all the Plinston regulars etc know its our get together rather than just say its a Xmas party run by XYZ. That way I'm hoping everyone will also know what to expect in regards to sounds, people, atmosphere and so on.Hope that clears it up for you - oh and love the aviator mate, Badda Bing!

wicked.gif Forgot to add that Santa has come early to the Oppegaard house and has dropped off a rather nice Olympus digital camera with, and oh my god you lot should be afraid, the facility to take 15mins of video with sound and eerything that can be uploaded straight onto the web site!!!! Expect said video to carry a warning triange and feature, among others, The Honey Monster and The Young, Toby and Mandy, Chantell stomping like a good unand what Letchworth event would not be complete without Taffy getting hammered and dancing in a rather saky manner!!!! It's coming............................ ohmy.gif

HOORAY

I HAVE MANAGED TO GET BACK ON SOUL SOURCE AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEIL CAN YOU PUT 10 TICKETS TO ONE SIDE PLEASE

THANKS MATEY

THANKS HONEY

HOPE YOU ARE OK LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON XXXXXXXX

Welcome back Boots! 10 tickets reserved as I type. That makes 35 gone in less than 24hrs, looking good!!!!

ACTUALLY NEIL THATS 12 IF ME AND HIM INDOORS NEED ONE ??????????????/

Your 1 ticket is reserved Billy No Mates - Ooooops Winnie XXXX

Well Winston "Billy-No-Mates" when you were thinking things couldn't get any worse, Claire and me are happy for you to come with us - you see you do have mates - mate!!! And if you play your cards right I will play you some vinyl before we go and promise not to try and talk about them to you.

:thumbsup:

Well Winston "Billy-No-Mates" when you were thinking things couldn't get any worse, Claire and me are happy for you to come with us - you see you do have mates - mate!!! And if you play your cards right I will play you some vinyl before we go and promise not to try and talk about them to you.

:thumbsup:

===========

T'would be an honour Pete, and if you play your cards right, I may even drive :P

Nice try doddy burton - Sadly we now all now your ploy and winnie will still be pointed at in the club with the phrase 'look, there's Winnie No Mates and his imaginary friend that looks like that one out of Harry Potter!!!!' Whack Whack Oooops!

=============

Doddy?? You've been playing your 'tears for souvenirs' cover up again haven't you. Keep telling you it's Ken Dodd, perhaps it's finally sunk in :thumbsup:

Will make a change to be pointed at, I'm usually explaining who the portly bloke dressed like one of the pirates of the carribean is, when you're about. :P

Winnie:-)

Hiya Steve looking good for our usual air guitar solos then! I'll pm you later with all the details on location etc and post same here as well. Due to Letchworth's licensing laws it looks like a 12.30 close at the club so get their early!!!!! Expect a Northern/R&B flavour with a few Modern goodies thrown in during my 7.30pm stint!!!

Edited by TheBigO

Plinston Xmas Get Together!

Friday 1st December

Venue: The 4 Emblems Club, Station Road, Letchworth, Herts

DJ Line Up will be TheBigO, Steve Gaunori, Pete Burton, Taffy and Soul Sam all spinning across the board soulful goodies.

Entry is £6 by ticket only, strictly limited to 130, and doors open 7.30pm utill late, with a late bar until 12am, loads of free parking all around, record dealers welcome. Email nh6tsmafia@aol.com to reserve your tickets now as this is gonna be sell out!!!!

Tickets are selling fast.............get em while you still can and start your Xmas in style !!!

:yes:

Edited by Pete Burton

Winnie - first you've not mentioned my new updated aviator!!!! Why do I bother!!!! Tickets sold to date (and this is just with word of mouth and this post - the 800 mail out goes out tomorrow) is 55, which for those who failed their maths leaves 75

==============

She flipped, the *&^% $*&*"$% **&^%$ &&^&%*£ *^*^........ And it's not an aviator, that would be Leonardo DeCaprio :thumbsup:

Ok just a quick heads up toclear up some confusion - the event is defo on, the confusion arises from the club management giving us 2 different accounts as to what was happening bu that is now sorted, the fee is paid (as of 20 mins time) and Dec 1st will be upon b4 you know it!!! Looks like it will sell-out this weekso be sure to reserve a ticket boys and girls as its a STRICT 130 limit.

Hi Boots, yep got your 16 but need to know who hasn't frm the regulars put some by with you as they are going fast!!! As for the pic, be glad I didn't use the one after that night (wink)

Winnie, saw last weeks cracking episode, will show you the Tony credit card Boots got me from the States at the do and this weeks final episode ends abruptly as they stopped filming due to the wage demands of the stars, hence the new sesean starting March 07 is being billed as Season 6 - part 2!

One final point, this will be a sell-out so if you put tickets by and cant make it let me know as I will be running a stand-by service (OOOOOH get us!)

Hi Boots, yep got your 16 but need to know who hasn't frm the regulars put some by with you as they are going fast!!! As for the pic, be glad I didn't use the one after that night (wink)

Winnie, saw last weeks cracking episode, will show you the Tony credit card Boots got me from the States at the do and this weeks final episode ends abruptly as they stopped filming due to the wage demands of the stars, hence the new sesean starting March 07 is being billed as Season 6 - part 2!

One final point, this will be a sell-out so if you put tickets by and cant make it let me know as I will be running a stand-by service (OOOOOH get us!)

===========

Hadn't realised they'd cut short this series. Wonder if it will be cheaper when they release it, my kids will be happy, its normally the xmas pressie they get me :thumbsup:

A stand by list........Neil, you are just soooooooooooooooo girlie bum lick :lol:It is a good idea though, but I typed that in a very deep manly typeface, unlike you :D

Guest Dr Pickles

Really looking forward to this. shades.gif

Lou and I have put our names down as part of the Boots 16, tickets should be sorted. Cheers Boots thumbsup.gif

As this will be the night before Cardiff, I will be mostly sitting quietly in a corner. Not.

Christmas party season starts here.

See you there

Doc