TheBigO

• Replies 135
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Boots, ooooh only just got in!!!! Had a couple that a works Xmas party came up so have a few extra tickets, 5 of which are now put by. Backdoor Kenny, are you coming???

Sorry mr O,just read this,thanks for thinkin` about us,i wont be coming,but hope its a top night for them that will be there,sorry Boots fer`not replying to your email :thumbsup: .

Bestest Ken.

Sorry mr O,just read this,thanks for thinkin` about us,i wont be coming,but hope its a top night for them that will be there,sorry Boots fer`not replying to your email :D .

Bestest Ken. hi guys any chance of 4 tickets for friday now bit short notice been getting out of work commitments so can attend

cheers steve :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: OOOh your in luck, have 4 tickets for you Speedlimit under that name. I think that now leaves 5 tickets with 4 people to confirm If you are attending then make sure you have a ticket o the door guys, cheers.

As for 12.30 not being late, these days both Soul Sam, Taffy and myself consider anything past 10pm bloody late as we are knacked!!!!! Full DJ tims have been posted earlier in this thread and its 7.30-12.30am. Venue located between the Job Centre and the bank in Station Road

Edited by TheBigO

:thumbsup: OOOh your in luck, have 4 tickets for you Speedlimit under that name. I think that now leaves 5 tickets with 4 people to confirm If you are attending then make sure you have a ticket o the door guys, cheers.

As for 12.30 not being late, these days both Soul Sam, Taffy and myself consider anything past 10pm bloody late as we are knacked!!!!! Full DJ tims have been posted earlier in this thread and its 7.30-12.30am. Venue located between the Job Centre and the bank in Station Road

cheers big o looking forward to friday especially imo the best d.j. the scenes ever produced mr soul sam :D will have tickets for st ives nighter for sale with me

hi bigo any chance of 1 more ticket cheers steve

That wll be 5 in total then Speedlimit my man, lol. Think we now have 3 defo left, with 5 TBC and on hold - just in case anyones listening.

And agree totally re: Soul Sam. A man of passion, a superb box of toons and a doddgy line in tartan PJ's (I kid ye not!!!) But lets not forget the others, Steve G is a man of equal good taste and toons, Taff's been an inspiration to a whole generation of us locally (as well as having a damm fine ear for a great toon) and Pete Burton is an all round good guy, owner of lots of lovely quality toons (Pinch Hitter Pete please Friday mate) and lots of opportunity to take the mick out of his features resembling Dobbie from Harry Potter, bless him X

This Fridays party is shaping up to be the usual fun filled sing-a-long that the Xmas bash usually is. So leave the politics and attitudes at the door and lets have a bloody good time enjoying the music we all love!!! Really looking forward to this

Edited by TheBigO

Steve you know me well!!! bring the air guitar iwth you sexy please. Dont have to tell you what toons to bring as you are more than able in that area (but obvously Taff would like at least one Take That for the old days lol) For those that have asked see earlier for the Soulful styles on offer under DJ selection and times, but rest assured there will be a good blended mix for all and with Pete, Steve and Sam ending the last 3 hours expect a lot of Winnie shirt changes - MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Nice!

That wll be 5 in total then Speedlimit my man, lol. Think we now have 3 defo left, with 5 TBC and on hold - just in case anyones listening.

And agree totally re: Soul Sam. A man of passion, a superb box of toons and a doddgy line in tartan PJ's (I kid ye not!!!) But lets not forget the others, Steve G is a man of equal good taste and toons, Taff's been an inspiration to a whole generation of us locally (as well as having a damm fine ear for a great toon) and Pete Burton is an all round good guy, owner of lots of lovely quality toons (Pinch Hitter Pete please Friday mate) and lots of opportunity to take the mick out of his features resembling Dobbie from Harry Potter, bless him X

This Fridays party is shaping up to be the usual fun filled sing-a-long that the Xmas bash usually is. So leave the politics and attitudes at the door and lets have a bloody good time enjoying the music we all love!!! Really looking forward to this

cheers my friend looking forward to a great night

Ok last few days and just to let you know, and therefore save emailing me!. the venue is an intimate affair, about the size of The Ghetto! at the Plinston, low ceiling and bar etc located up the stairs at the 4 Emblems. Dancefloor down the middle, table/chairs for the old farts either side. 1230 close due to the authorities sadly but hey ho! Looking set to be a good one for everone. Think all tickets have now gone (just checking) so I will open up a reserve list in case we have any last minte drop-outs etc

Edited by TheBigO

Ok can confirm all tickets have indeed gone. So, if you have reserved some and can't make it please let me know asap as I am now opening the stand-by short list (that has 7 on it already!) and at least that way we canstill get people in. Soul Sam will be selling some of his stuff as usual on the night and if you intend to bring a sales box PLEASE keep it to a minimum and small.

Ok can confirm all tickets have indeed gone. So, if you have reserved some and can't make it please let me know asap as I am now opening the stand-by short list (that has 7 on it already!) and at least that way we canstill get people in. Soul Sam will be selling some of his stuff as usual on the night and if you intend to bring a sales box PLEASE keep it to a minimum and small.

Neil one of my party has had to drop out so i have one spare......

Come on England!!!! Overnight things looking better Winnie!!!

had a few emails this morning from people saying its ok to turn up on the door tonight and get in isn't it? In a word NO NO NO! We are sold out and have over 50 on a stand-by list in case anyone drops out so if you dont have a ticket, or are not on the stand-by YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET IN. We could have sold this night out to be honest 2 1/2 times over but remember for the next one get your ticket reserved early.

For all those lucky Soulies able to take the stairway to Soul heaven tonight we look forward to seeing you all, having a laff and bopping on what we are certain will be a very packed dance floor.

Hi Neil

just to let you know will only need four tickets now as one member dropped out due to illness see you later for an excellent xmas knees up :thumbsup:

ok have 2 tickets left andeveryones gone home!!!! So anyone wanting to come post here and first come first served

OK its 5pm and am leaving to set up etc so no point emailing me etc. If you want to know f there are any tickets left then contact Boots - C U lucky people later

Edited by TheBigO

great night

great new venue

cheap bar

premiere djs

but most of all a FANTASTIC crowd

thank you to everybody who attended last night we hope you enjoyed the night as much as we did

Agree with Boots (as amuch as I can being the guy responsible for running the smooth operation all night and therefore having to fix minor problems etc all night) The feedback so far has been 100% positive, there are a few minor things we will change for the next one - HUGE TOILETS ARE HERE! sign so we dont all walk down the stairs and out the door before we realise, maybe a tweek to the table layout, a little darker etc etc but the general feeling seems to be agreat night, great sounds and superb venue. Cheap bar, lots of records for sale (and how funny was that watching the 3 slapheads of Soul: Soul Sam, Dave Halsall and Steve G all locked huddled over a record box looking like 3 butts!!) The crowd were great, very friendly and thanks to eveyone who travelled down from the North West, London and the South Coast in particular. Your support is appreciated and hopefully you felt the journey was worth it.

Both Steve G and Soul Sam played some awesome toons, Mixed feelings 'Sha-La-La' what a TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! But both Taffy and Dobbie also played some nice ditties (Chas N Dave was a brave move by Taffy but somehow fitted in with Dobbies selection - class lads) :-P

Overall a big thumbs up. Will be posting vid clips later on Youtube and here no doubt. Roll on the next one. As Soul Sam said this morning its good to be home DJing to an apprecitve soul crowd! Wise words indeed.

Guest Little Reg

I BLOODY LOVED IT :thumbsup:

IT WAS A BRILL NIGHT OUT I DIDN'T WONT IT TO FINISH. :thumbsup: LOVED THE CHOON'S.

BRILL D J'S AND A SMASHING CROWD CAN'T WATE FOR THE NEXT ONE

LUV YOU ALL

LITTLE REG

Thanks for all the positive phone calls and emails etc guys, appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you felt it went, which in a word was fantastic! Had so many laffs it's hard to know which to note down; VicG, we won't mention your confusion over my kids(!!!) but you gave us a great laff with the comment; Chantell and just about every girl there insisted on being frisked and patted down by Darranzio our doorman at least 3 times, the fact the DJ record light ended up being brought in from the bar staffs front room, a fetching table lamp in beige (mmmm nice); Taffy telling the girls they could have the Motown fabric draping our decks and yours truly having to fight to get it back!; all the people posing for 30 seconds like statues b4 realising it was a video camera...the list is endless. We are sorting out dates for 2007 as I type so spread the word....Herts is STILL full of Soul