What To Do ? / "incorrect" Paypal Claim

For the very first time ever I need advice in a case like this and would be very thankfull for any comments on this case..really don`t know (yet) what to do myself...so here it goes:

I sold along other items a fairly expensive 45 on ebay recently. As with all my auctiuns it clearly stated "payment due within seven days". So the winner writes me he has problems with his paypal account and currently can`t send, so I said its okay just send one week later...he keeps on writing me about having his problems with paypal, in the end he nearly takes a month instead of seven days to send the money. Money finally gets send from this guy middle of last week and I go on my plane to travel to Manchester. After DJaying there and having a real good time upon my return yesterday I found an email from this guy telling me he will only wait until monday for the 45 to arrive (not even five days after he finally had paid after a month..!!) if not he will claim his payment back. Just remember: it is already tuesday by now...but that din`t matter at all as he already had put a claim thru paypal by friday already despite saying he will wait until monday...so naturally the next email I open and read is from paypal informing me now this guy claims his money back and paypal already had "took" the asked amount as a security...so what to do, what would you lot do ? Still send the 45 off ? Trust this guy ? Risking he will follow his unfair route and still hold on to his claim ? I am really scared now sending the 45 off...better risk a negative in this case me thinks... anyone ?

Regards

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

For the very first time ever I need advice in a case like this and would be very thankfull for any comments on this case..really don`t know (yet) what to do myself...so here it goes:

I sold along other items a fairly expensive 45 on ebay recently. As with all my auctiuns it clearly stated "payment due within seven days". So the winner writes me he has problems with his paypal account and currently can`t send, so I said its okay just send one week later...he keeps on writing me about having his problems with paypal, in the end he nearly takes a month instead of seven days to send the money. Money finally gets send from this guy middle of last week and I go on my plane to travel to Manchester. After DJaying there and having a real good time upon my return yesterday I found an email from this guy telling me he will only wait until monday for the 45 to arrive (not even five days after he finally had paid after a month..!!) if not he will claim his payment back. Just remember: it is already tuesday by now...but that din`t matter at all as he already had put a claim thru paypal by friday already despite saying he will wait until monday...so naturally the next email I open and read is from paypal informing me now this guy claims his money back and paypal already had "took" the asked amount as a security...so what to do, what would you lot do ? Still send the 45 off ? Trust this guy ? Risking he will follow his unfair route and still hold on to his claim ? I am really scared now sending the 45 off...better risk a negative in this case me thinks... anyone ?

Regards

Marc

Keep the record, tell the guy to go *^"* himself. I have had the same and we do know paypal can be a problem with hackers. But if you've given him that much time, then he is just being an ass

Social source share

Tell him to f*ck off and then tell us who he is so we can tell him to f*ck off as well

If its a quality tune it will reach its value again.

tell him to f**k right off he aint what ebay should be about

totally agree with Pete S :lol:

Social source share

Keeping with tradition tell him to Fukc fOf...

have you checked he's previous feedback maybe he's a plum.. a messer..

don't send it.. you can't trust him....

should others be warned about him .... maybe others have had dealings already.... maybe an ebay name.. never know someone may know him and its a genuine mistake (not)

Social source share

Tell him to f*ck off and then tell us who he is so we can tell him to f*ck off as well

well said pete

in fact if we can find out who it is we can fu*k up all his future bids

hes got a bleeding cheek

moldie

Keeping with tradition tell him to Fukc fOf...

have you checked he's previous feedback maybe he's a plum.. a messer..

hey becareful...rob is a messer :lol:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Has anyone who has been stitched up on ebay ever managed to get a fair resolution?

I dont mean if you make a fair claim and get your money back, I mean has anyone tried to stiff you like this, and you managed to get the money due to you?

It seems to me to be a pretty one sided system that Paypal/Ebay use.

Social source share

unfortunately, i'm going through a similar situation right now as well.

the bidder's name is bikebuyer1959 (real name is paul turner, i think) and is a uk resident.

the item in question is a garland green on revue that sold for $110.

this person is also a seller on ebay.

after the record apparently hadn't arrived after 10 days (sent airmail from the u.s.), he decided to file a paypal chargeback against me, effectively taking the money back out of my account and back to him.

he did not pay for registered mail, so there was no way to track this package or to prove to paypal that is was actually shipped (as a tracking number is the only proof they'll accept).

apparently, if something gets held up in the post, it is the seller's fault and not the postal service's???

ridiculous and of course, he no longer will reply to e-mails or listen to reason.

i highly advise everyone to block this bidder from your auctions.

---chris

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Regards

Marc

Sorry for this mega long post :D

Advice would be if you are going to send the record use Royal Mail Special Delivery but only if you are within the 7 day limit from accepting the Pay Pal payment to posting it.

Recorded delivery is not reliable and won't cover anything over £32 if it gets lost in the post. Any other sellers out there reading this post, you probably already know, but for those of you who don't, if your item sells for more than £32 send it RMSD and put the extra money towards it yourself if accepting Pay Pal. Often a postman will just pop a recorded delivery through the letter box without getting a signature, and if you have a £100 record in that parcel, online tracking won't show it as delivered, the buyer has a freebie, you lose your record and can only claim £32 back from Royal Mail.

There's a 7 day rule with Pay Pal that a seller who accepts PP must ship within a 7 day period. If he paid the middle of last week you are a bit out of the 7 day period, PP might argue you didn't post in the said time and then you won't be covered with Seller Protection and all that malarky so you could end up with a big fight on your hands. PP will lock your funds in to cover the refund in full, or nick your payments as they come in until the full amount is reached. They will refund no questions asked if you don't respond to the dispute with a tracking number. You could always ring PP and ask them how you stand if you do post it out after the 7 day period. They are quite helpful on the phone.

If you do decide to post it, add the RMSD tracking number to the dispute, which Pay Pal do check to prove delivery. Only will the case be argued again if the buyer proves non-delivery. Once PP check that its a legit tracking number and delivered they close the case - eventually - and you get your money back. RMSD items very rarely go missing so you should be safe knowing it will get there. I would only send it if the buyers Pay Pal payment says "Confirmed", if it says "Unconfirmed" walk away from the deal.

However if you don't trust this fella, or his address on file with EBay has changed, or he is a shop/premises/business, be careful, if RMSD deliver to a business address anyone can sign for it and it might get more complicated.

Then again, with it taking so long to pay, it could be a case of buyers remorse and he didn't want to pay so much for the record and he was hoping you would say "forget it mate i'll relist it". He did eventually pay but he could also file with his credit card company if payment came from a card to say he didn't authorise the payment and your money will be taken anyway! PP is a bloody nightmare.

I personally wouldn't entertain sending it. Sod him! Suffer the negative and respond with factual feedback, "Buyer is a pain in the ...."

I'd go with my instinct, tell him to K'OFF, let the Pay Pal dispute run it's 10 day course - just to be spiteful, make him sweat another week at least :lol: block him in your preferences from ever bidding on your stuff again :lol:

Social source share

Thanks everybody for your advises and help....helped me to come to the solution to let paypal take the money back (what is what they already did anyway and even risk a negative feedback). I don`t think I should post this guys real name (?) but will tell all of you his ebay id.. sj.clark ....Many thanks to all for your much appreciated help again :huh:

Marc

Social source share

the bidder's name is bikebuyer1959 (real name is paul turner, i think) and is a uk resident.

after the record apparently hadn't arrived after 10 days (sent airmail from the u.s.), he decided to file a paypal chargeback against me, effectively taking the money back out of my account and back to him.

he did not pay for registered mail, so there was no way to track this package or to prove to paypal that is was actually shipped (as a tracking number is the only proof they'll accept).

apparently, if something gets held up in the post, it is the seller's fault and not the postal service's???

ridiculous and of course, he no longer will reply to e-mails or listen to reason.

---chris

He's now been NARU'd.

Social source share

:huh:

Ever seen the film Top Secret with Val Kilmer? He escapes from prison. On hearing the news, the German officer in charge looks at a selection of stamps, picks one and stamps the memo (in red) 'FIND HIM AND KILL HIM' ...

:thumbsup:

Social source share

S.J Clarke is his real name ,from Germany, has, bought a few things from me the most recent at the end of september paid a couple of days later with paypal,if he's messed you about don't send it him,if he leaves you a neg give him one back,at least you've still got the record :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest franky m

should be put against a wall and shot , :-))) 99.999%ebay soul customers are the best on the scene ( oldspice63) :thumbsup:

Social source share

---chris

bikebuyer1959....THIS TWAT..........i SORTED THIS SHITBAG OUT....HE IS NO LONGER REGISTERED ON Ebay
Social source share

bikebuyer1959....THIS TWAT..........i SORTED THIS SHITBAG OUT....HE IS NO LONGER REGISTERED ON Ebay

Did you see the negative feedback Mick Smith left him as well?

DO NOT SELL TO THIS T*AT-HE'S A COMPLETE TIME WASTER-I'LL RELIST-NAME/ SHAME HIM

Seller linbin777s.gif( 499iconTealStar_25x25.gif) s.gif

Oct-06-06 08:36

Reply by bikebuyer1959: what a wanker,sorry big wanker.relist by all means see who has winning bid!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!