Secret Stash - Midas CD

Has anybody got this CD from Secret Stash? I know two other people apart from myself who ordered all the Secret Stash One-Der-Ful CDs by subscription and have never received their Midas label CD. I've emailed them several times about this - no reply.

Are these people crooks? If not how do I and the others go about getting the CDs that we've paid for from them if they don't answer emails??

Thanks for any help. John.

Social source share

Firstly they are not crooks, secondly I have responded straight away to anyone who has been having problems or concerns regarding the Midas Album, as it's been stated the CD/Album subscription thing was something which was started before I became involved with the company, any concerns from people who contact me regarding this has been acted upon straight away, although it's not directly my responsibility  by association and being the UK arm of the company endeavour to try and sought out any problems as I did for Chalky and am trying to resolve for Dave Rimmer,if I missed John Siret's email on this then I am now on it, I will now contact the USA regarding this and will try and resolve this situation as soon as possibly, with the success of the new 45's I personally, if their is a breakdown of communication on this can I ask people with any concerns to contact me directly and again I will be on it for you and at least find out and confirm if there is any delay with current subscriptions to the One-derful series of albums from Secret Stash.

Mark Bicknell 

Social source share

I have just sent an email directly to the States on this and explained that this thread has been started, if anyone with concerns on this can contact me directly via a PM here or email bicknellmark@aol.com the individual messages and emails will be directly forwarded to who needs to see them in the States.

Mark.

Social source share

I too have subscribed to the releases ... It must be a logistical challenge for the guys to keep to a release schedule so far in advance ... None of us know what problems they might encounter along the way 

I do understand the frustration felt when enquiries aren't responded to but I think we should all feel assured that Mark will  do whatever he can to sort things out even though it is not within his direct control

Andy

Social source share

I have replied to Mark PM directly but I want to make a public reply as well.

It appears I'm far from alone in having problems getting goods paid for years ago out of Secret Stash. I - and many others - took out subcriptions which Secret Stash have banked well over two years ago and yet they can't even be bothered to reply to people who contact them directly asking for explanations - these people have effectivly been funding the company itself during this period - so yes Andy Rix it must be very difficult to keep to a release schedule that lengthy but we gave our money in good faith to them. The least they could do is tell us where it has gone and where the releases are.

My definition of a crook is somebody who takes money and then doesn't provide the goods they've advertised for sale. And so despite what you say Mark, at the moment I still feel quite justified in asking my question again. Are Secret Stash crooks? I'll continue to be hopeful the answer is no - but time will tell.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

52 minutes ago, sirshambling said:

I have replied to Mark PM directly but I want to make a public reply as well.

It appears I'm far from alone in having problems getting goods paid for years ago out of Secret Stash. I - and many others - took out subcriptions which Secret Stash have banked well over two years ago and yet they can't even be bothered to reply to people who contact them directly asking for explanations - these people have effectivly been funding the company itself during this period - so yes Andy Rix it must be very difficult to keep to a release schedule that lengthy but we gave our money in good faith to them. The least they could do is tell us where it has gone and where the releases are.

My definition of a crook is somebody who takes money and then doesn't provide the goods they've advertised for sale. And so despite what you say Mark, at the moment I still feel quite justified in asking my question again. Are Secret Stash crooks? I'll continue to be hopeful the answer is no - but time will tell.

I have replied to your PM and will state here that I have contacted Secret Stash directly and have passed this onto them to address as a natter of urgency, I feel a little like being between a rock and a hard place on this as I work for Secret Stash with my now involvement with the 45 releases, by association here and being here in the UK on the front line as it were feel a reasonability to defend the company but totally understand the concerns raised here. 

Social source share

Greetings.  We are very sorry for the delays with the One-derful! Collection and for the communication breakdown.  We've had some major changes here that have lead to the communication issues, but I feel like we're back on track and ready to move forward.  Here is where we are at...

1) Midas compact discs are done and we are ordering new print this week.  We will send out an update once the plant gives us an ETA.  Sorry for the delay in getting the print redone.  

2) The recent closing of Canada Boy Vinyl has set back, yet again, the Toddlin' Town collection.  We're having new lacquers made as I type this.  We will try and line up the CD release with the LPs.  More info to come as soon as we have plates in hand.  

3) If anyone would like a refund for their yet to be recieved itmes, just email sales@secetstashrecords.com and include your paypal address.  You will absolteuly have the opportunity to order the items when they are ready.  

4) I'd like to thank Mark for being our eyes and ears in the UK.  Those of you that know him know he is a top notch guy and is doing everything he can to help us right the ship.  

As you may have noticed, Mark is not collecting upfront money for any of the new 45s.  This is a stratgey we've agreed on specificially so we don't wind up in the same situation we're in with Midas and Toddlin' Town.  We're doing everything we can to keep things moving in the right direction. 

Many appolgies for the long wait and slow response time.  

Feel free to contact us with any questions or concners at sales@secretstashrecords.com

Sincerely,
Eric Foss
Secret Stash Records

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Thanks to Mark B for gtting the slumbering Secret Stash organisation to respond to concerns about their activities - or the lack of them. I'm grateful to Mr Foss as well for sending this update.

However it is only a couple of weeks since I emailed Secret Stash and got no reply and so I have no confidence  that they are getting "back on track".

I now have no faith at all in the company so I have asked Mr Foss for a Paypal refund as he offers and will update this thread when - I almost typed out "if" - I receive the money.

Social source share

I did get a response from them regarding the matter. I was told 
that I would receive a gratuity  for half my payment by way of compensation for the inconvenience. This duly happened.

However shortly after I received another copy of the first part of the
series on One-Derful! Records. I was advised that I had been sent the wrong CD.

Subsequently I discovered that Secret Stash had marked my order for the Midas CD as
fulfilled which it isn't. At least I got half my stake back but I am not happy with the service from Secret Stash.

Edited by Stormcock
Grammar
Social source share

I have also asked Eric for a refund of the 2 remaining CD's MIDAS & TODDLIN' TOWN.

Think this has gone on long enough don't mind dates being put back & waiting a few more months, but this has gone on for years with still no real sign of CD's being shipped. Not answering e-mails is just a kick in the teeth for those who subscribed & originally supported the label.

Social source share

I have contacted you all with the companies response, I have passed on all concerns, emails and messages to Eric Foss on his direct email, I really don't know what else to do or say on this, I have tried to remain professional about this as mud or shit in this case has a habit of sticking, I would just like to add that all orders I get for the 45's are processed and shipped as quickly as possible normally the next day, if any go astray I re send another copy without prejudice, I take no pre payment on reserved records as I am fully aware of how things can go pear shaped when you have peoples money upfront, the records are first class, legit and seem to be proving very popular, finally there was no way I would have become involved with Secret Stash if they were somehow dodgy or crooks which has been suggested here, I am the UK arm of the company and have to take on board some responabilty in all of this although I was not employeed by them when thisseries of albums began, what I can and will dois endeavour to address this situation for you guys, this will be my final post on this thread as I do not wish tobecome embroiled in an on goig saga, if you have any concerns, issues or points to raises on this please send me a direct email to bicknellmark@aol.com and I will forward them direclly.

Mark.

Social source share

I wanted to express my thanks to Mark B and Eric Foss at Secret Stash.

As a result of this thread Mr Foss has paid me a full refund with a promise that I can reorder the Midas CD when it becomes available.  I appreciate the attempts by the company to compensate for the inconvenience and for the most gracious apology.

Social source share

I'm pleased to say that Eric Foss has been as good as his word - he has refunded me a part of my Secret Stash subscription.

I'm very grateful to Mark Bicknell for facilitating the proper outcome of this little episode and for standing in front of Secret Stash. Above and beyond I'd say.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!