Bongi & Nelson mix up

Hello all, i recently purchased a really nice copy of Bongi & Nelson "Do You Remember Malcolm" complete with groovy picture sleeve. 

Even though the sleeve, titles and labels are correct, the "Malcolm" side plays their other biggie "That's The Kind Of Love". 

Are there any more copies out there like this or am i just unlucky/lucky?

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

4 hours ago, soulboy69 said:

Hello all, i recently purchased a really nice copy of Bongi & Nelson "Do You Remember Malcolm" complete with groovy picture sleeve. 

Even though the sleeve, titles and labels are correct, the "Malcolm" side plays their other biggie "That's The Kind Of Love". 

Are there any more copies out there like this or am i just unlucky/lucky?

Lots of them are like this, makes it very difficult to purchase on tinternet especially when dealing with foreign non soul sellers.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest randy

Not come across this before I think you've been unlucky I love the "Malcolm" side which refers to the shooting of Malcolm X and is now very popular but I'm not that keen on the  "That's The Kind Of Love". choon

It can be a nightmare dealing with international sellers Most people dont realize the problems in sourcing  good quality records 

Social source share

Cheers for the responses. 

Yeh, definitely "unlucky" as I love the "Malcolm" side myself (obviously the reason I purchased it). 

Wish I'd known that there were some mispressed, could have mailed the seller before the purchase. 

Oh well, you live and learn. 

Any idea of value on this one?

Social source share

Guest randy

It use to be a £25/£30 but is now very in demand not particularly Northern soul collectors but just an in vogue type of sound.

I cant currently see it for sale anywhere and it has sold for 170 euros recently! 

Social source share

17 minutes ago, randy said:

It use to be a £25/£30 but is now very in demand not particularly Northern soul collectors but just an in vogue type of sound.

I cant currently see it for sale anywhere and it has sold for 170 euros recently! 

Cheers, that sounds about right. 

I was referring to a possible value on the mixed up copy that I have though so any idea on value of that copy?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!