Price - Bobby Kline

You are looking at an outlay of well over £1,000. A nice NM copy would fetch £1,500 at auction whilst an EX copy might cost £1,250 in a cash deal. A great record, hugely in demand and very difficult to get hold of. Was pressed up with labels reversed so some copies are OK whilst others are flawed, the latter may be discounted by £100-200 depending on the seller.

Social source share

i respect your opinion dave ,but see you have an issue of willie hutch for sale at ......1850 pds wow ...i,d no idea it was going for that and in vg + condition....wonder what i should value/ask for a signed copy of the mega rare black rca issue on vinyl in mint- condition  ...do i start at 2500 ?...help ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

56 minutes ago, stanley said:

i respect your opinion dave ,but see you have an issue of willie hutch for sale at ......1850 pds wow ...i,d no idea it was going for that and in vg + condition....wonder what i should value/ask for a signed copy of the mega rare black rca issue on vinyl in mint- condition  ...do i start at 2500 ?...help ?

What are you saying.... That Willie Hutch Love Runs Out came out on RCA !!!!! interested to know......

Social source share

Just now, stanley said:

french release vinyl issue ,willie had never seen before , until we got it signed by him and my phonetics ....

I could of bought a French Rca copy of Glen Bellamy about 10 years ago for £150 (I had at the time never seen one before)However I had/have a US promo so I did'nt bother :rofl:....   Have unsigned Phonetics oh and a mint Bobby Kline (correct way round labels) not for sale :thumbsup: 

Social source share

On 10 March 2017 at 21:42, stanley said:

more demand for usa copies george..a usa black stock copy will always trump the foreign rca copies every day of the week french or japanese imo even tho they are rarer ... some guys havent even seen the usa issue before.. bobby isn't a rare record .....i rate a 1500 not saying if i were to sell mine i would start it at that tho

Edited by dave pinch
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Sold my Bobby Kline to Carl Willingham in '96...it paid my mortgage for the month we'd just moved and first payment was due but the construction firm I was working for went under owing 3 weeks wages ..I was skint so it had to go...at the time my brother,& Stuart Marshall John Purvis and myself was promoting Soul nights at the Devonshire Hotel in Skipton N. Yorkshire. ..one particular night ...John Powney. .Mark Bicknell. (whom were guesting for us) had their Bobby Kline 45s with them...along with my copy there was 3 copies in the same backroom of the Dev...wonder what chances that happening now along with the fact that there wouldn't have been pennies paid out for all 3 copies compared to now...hell if Derek Pearson was on that night there'd have been 4 in the room!!...I'm mortgage free now  and often think what may have happened if I hadn't parted with it...still ...wouldn't mind one though. ..Bobby Kline  that is...

Dave L

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 3/10/2017 at 20:36, stanley said:

i know your wrong ,its now £2k for near mint ..i,ve sold 2 copies both for 1500 and 1600 in near mint. over 1 year ago....i,m not an authority on this but need to advise as best as i can .

I think Stanley's  bob on, as well as his two sales Popsike has these three.

VG++  $2550 / £1877 Sept 16

VG+   $1875 / £1485 Jan 17 .

£1661 April 16

You might get one with the labels the wrong way round a bit cheaper ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

33 minutes ago, spook said:

I think Stanley's  bob on, as well as his two sales Popsike has these three.

VG++  $2550 / £1877 Sept 16

VG+   $1875 / £1485 Jan 17 .

£1661 April 16

You might get one with the labels the wrong way round a bit cheaper ?

Jackie Scott's copy went over $3000 in auction... 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest smudgesmith
On 10/03/2017 at 22:49, hammie said:

I could of bought a French Rca copy of Glen Bellamy about 10 years ago for £150 (I had at the time never seen one before)However I had/have a US promo so I did'nt bother :rofl:....   Have unsigned Phonetics oh and a mint Bobby Kline (correct way round labels) not for sale :thumbsup: 

I bought it mate 👍

Social source share

12 minutes ago, smudgesmith said:

I bought it mate 👍

Well done mate, I should have been a greedy ****    at the time and speculated on future value.... It did look nice as well plus it was a good quality looking vinyl press. Have you still got it ?  An old local friend now living in Stockport  Steve Foran, I know he has one :thumbsup:

Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve Foran said:

Bobby Kline erm real sorry but I could not give it house room. Dreadful (out of) tune.

Have you played the other side?   I got my copy by swapping a Masqueraders  How for it, both have gone up about the same.

Social source share

14 hours ago, Steve Foran said:

Bobby Kline erm real sorry but I could not give it house room. Dreadful (out of) tune.

Ditto....with bells on!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!