Test press

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

TESTPRESS.......it`s an anagram of BOOTLEG WITH BADLY MADE PHOTOCOPIED LABEL STUCK ON BY THE CAT IN THE DARK!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

that's the email I sent and that I haven't got a reply to

Hello,

I am interested in the above record's auction on ebay. Can you please send me a small audiofile of the record? even a short clip would do.

Is that a press test or a repro?

Best regards,

Andrea

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Andrea,Andrea,

AmI being sexist and patronising,sorry, the verdict of my learned chums is you've been had! Affine example of the "Blue Peter" art of; stick on ,ink print lable, with ,Demo,Test Press ,dates, DJ xx's,audition copy, original lable ,  (Dearborn). 

33 euros, not on ,OK ,a repro , £5 to £10 fair price ,No Problems, I have afake Ferrari watch on my wrist cost 5 euros , but I know it (so does all of Marbella!) .This Test Press mullarky is too much ,(brought it up here last year,lot of dealers at it). 

Solution,the seller obviously is a knowledgeable soul guy, !.You wanna your money back?  The Seller is a Yorkie from,Duffield ,surely (don't call me Shirley) some of the dedicated members from my ancestral home can help?  Very Best Johnny Hart ,Malaga Spain.

Social source share

I haven't bought it.... I was just annoyed that I sent an enquiry to the email address given on the ads and I didn't get a reply for...

Luckily I saw the London address on the label and I thought that not in the world it could have been a real test press.... but I did for few seconds that it might have been.

By the way as you may easily understand by my pic I am a man 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm sorry, but everybody should realise that was a pressing or emi .  Adi has been on the Scene since late sixties and probably thinks everybody should know what's what. With all the records he sells he isn't going to list an original so low.  Look at his other stuff and the originals are  well up on the others. 

Social source share

We know it`s not an original but it`s also not a test pressing either so Adi needs to get his facts correct!

Not only is it not an original (A monkey would know that for sure) but it`s been so badly labelled it`s laughable.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Andrea ,sorry about the gender issue,

Despite my confusion you have highlighted a very pertinent issue , test presses,demos ,pertaining to be genuine,Again it's a case of buyer beware, read the small print .,Caveat etc.  Great post ,now see you are male , will you marry me ?  LOL , Janet . 

Social source share

1 hour ago, andrea ko said:

The thing was also that i would like to understand how you can spot a real TEST PRESS and distinguish it from a boot... I think that's impossible 

A real test pressing will be identical to the genuine demo/issue with regards to the deadwax details/stamps etc as these details are cut/stamped into the metal master itself. 

A test pressing is just that , a short run of discs used to check/test that the metal stamper is OK before a large pressing run is done so as not to end up with a few thousand unusable records. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!