Whitley Bay - Saturday 11th November

NORTH EAST SOUL UNION at WHITLEY BAY

Presents:

A night of top class Northern Soul, Motown, Crossover, and R&B

at: BERKELEY TAVERN, Marine Avenue, Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear

With Guest DJs - The Yorkshire Soul Twins (Doncaster)

Residents featuring this month: Ash, Steve Davidson, and Peter Richer

7.30 pm - 1.00 am

£3 on the door

• Replies 12
  • Views 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest jeffthevest

Great do this one, brill dj's and where else can you hear tremendous tunes and get a kiss me quick hat and 5 sticks of rock for a quid ? :lol: Only thing is ....when Peter and Ash dj together they look like someone mooning over the decks !! :ohmy: Infact these smilies look rather familiar :lol:

Whens Jeff havin a spot then lads ?? :thumbsup:

Here's a question for you's ...

Name the label .... A yorkshire terrier behind the decks with my hubby ??

or My hubby djing whilst holding a leg of a very old sheep ??

Give in ??

MUTT N JEFF :D

I'll get my coat :P

C u next week

Kaz xx

Is that why you got Jeff to play the Sunlovers last night Karen, just so's you could crack that lame joke? You'll definitely never make the grade!!

I hope you're gonna come up with better than that by next Saturday ... you'll have to make me laugh before I give you that tape I promised.

I'm sure we'd love to have Jeff on at Whitley Bay, but Ash is the main man with the 'fixtures' list so I'll have to check to see ... we wouldn't want anyone eclipsing our 'moon' ...

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday,

Peter

We are also going to be graced by the presence of Russ Smith, my old mukka from Cambridge. That means that together with my brother Glenn there will be no fewer than three former regulars of the legendary HOWARD MALLETT Club in Cambridge. Not bad for a seaside resort in the north east!

One of the greatest records played at the Mallett was Mel Britt - She'll Come Running Back. So, seeing as I have the head honcho Tony Dellar's old copy I think it may well be getting a spin in tribute (Hello Tony, if you're reading this).

And as Russ is going to be our guest and spinning a few tunes with me, I'll be gracious and allow him first crack at the Brand New Faces, especially as he had one first!

Peter

Guest Russ Smith

Sadly....... I cannot make this one although i was really looking forward to it.

Very noble of Pete to have been prepared to let me play Brand New Faces... probably so he could follow it with Mamie Galore on Sack .

Should be a cracker, hope to make it up there very soon.

Kirsty Posted Today, 07:11 AM

I know you suggested that I pay a visit to Whitley Bay, but I'm not

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And isn't that just typical of a woman ... they tell you something but they really don't mean it!?!

Actually, that reminds me, I promised to play The Snake this weekend!

Hope you're well Kirsty. Really you know you should turn up in December to pick up a spare CD, but seeing as you asked (grovelled?) nicely, if you PM me your address I'll see what I can do.

Take care,

Peter

Course they did...they took 3 points off the Toon the following afternoon...then again, what's new :lol::thumbsup:

Seems to be a strong link with losing when called Magpies! There are a few divisions between the two though .... not that I care much either way (blood running claret & blue)!