Another Ebayer I Will Avoid In Future

Guest smigger

Guest smigger

Won on a cheapo which was described as VG++ and paid my dues immidiately after I won the auction.

Tune turns up and is absolutely knackered. So, I get in touch with detthreads and tell him the tune should go straight into the bin, that it's pointless to send it back as he won't get anything for it (is is a common tune), the postage would be more expensive for me than the tune itself and that I want a refund.

At first the bloke totally ignores the jist of my message saying the tune is as described.

Next mail he informs me that other people would love to have the record even though it is knackered. (That's why only 2 people bid on it and I ended up paying the mighty sum of USD 6,00 for it - and that was assuming it was VG++) .

After repeatedly telling him that sending it back would not make commercial sense for me as the postage is more costly than the tune itself and that he won't find a home for it in that condition he tells me to send it back or forget about a refund.

So I gave him a negative feedback advising people that the bloke does not know how to grade records and that he got arsey and hid behind his selling clauses (admittedly he offers refund if tune returned).

Then the soft git gives me a negative feedback. Now that wound me up even more as he got my money. What more can a buyer do than to part with the requested amount?

So, if you want to deal with a tit of the highest order detthreads is your man.

I would like to thank the group for listening. I feel slightly better now.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Sorry mate.

If I was giving a refund, I would want the item back too.

Otherwise what is to stop everybody saying, I dont want to pay for the item but I want to keep it.

If he has said he will refund the money once the item is returned, then I have to say he is acting exactly as I would.

Social source share

Sorry mate.

Otherwise what is to stop everybody saying, I dont want to pay for the item but I want to keep it.

If he has said he will refund the money once the item is returned, then I have to say he is acting exactly as I would.

If the item was not as described and in the poor condition stated, would you not want compensation for postage and return postage aswell?

QoFxx

Social source share

Guest smigger

Sorry mate.

In a perfect world I would agree with you.

But there a few things that stick out.

a) grading a record VG++ and then sending a pile of crap is not on.

b ) the guy never once answered in a reasonable or balanced way. He was confrontational from the word go.

c) He could have called me and listened to his crackling, popping piece of shite over the phone and heard it for himself.

d) why give me a negative feedback if I have done all that buyer could do, i.e. pay straight away?

This is a great ebay scam in the making.

Shift all your old shit out at US$ 2,00 a piece and tell people you'll refund them the US$ 2,00 if they are not happy. They'll just have to pay the US$ 7,00 in postage for the privilege.

Edited by smigger
Social source share

the way feedback is used is wrong,i purchased 5 records from a dealer, after 6 weeks wich inc a number of emails all i got from him was well they were sent,so i got no records and no refund so i left neg feedback so he left neg feedback, so on top of no records no refund i was left with a neg feedback,whats that all about then,ive been in the same situation a couple of times now but because i have good feedback ratings again i dont want to be put in that situation again so i dont leav neg feedback,a guy had a job lot of joe tex records of me 10 weeks ago still hasn't paid and says i will get it soon,he should have a neg feedback surely but why should i,the system should change dont you think.

Social source share

Guest smigger

i would have just sent it back regardless of cost. i am sure he would have refunded all costs.

Shane

No. He made it quite clear that he would not refund the shipping costs.

Social source share

Won on a cheapo which was described as VG++ and paid my dues immidiately after I won the auction.

Tune turns up and is absolutely knackered. So, I get in touch with detthreads and tell him the tune should go straight into the bin, that it's pointless to send it back as he won't get anything for it (is is a common tune), the postage would be more expensive for me than the tune itself and that I want a refund.

At first the bloke totally ignores the jist of my message saying the tune is as described.

Next mail he informs me that other people would love to have the record even though it is knackered. (That's why only 2 people bid on it and I ended up paying the mighty sum of USD 6,00 for it - and that was assuming it was VG++) .

After repeatedly telling him that sending it back would not make commercial sense for me as the postage is more costly than the tune itself and that he won't find a home for it in that condition he tells me to send it back or forget about a refund.

So I gave him a negative feedback advising people that the bloke does not know how to grade records and that he got arsey and hid behind his selling clauses (admittedly he offers refund if tune returned).

Then the soft git gives me a negative feedback. Now that wound me up even more as he got my money. What more can a buyer do than to part with the requested amount?

So, if you want to deal with a tit of the highest order detthreads is your man.

I would like to thank the group for listening. I feel slightly better now.

I WON A 45 FROM THIS SELLER, PAID FOR ITEM BUT NEVER RECEIVED THE 45. EMAILED HIM A FEW TIMES AT FIRST NO REPLY, THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN HE ANSWERS SAYING THE 45 WAS SHIPPED OUT. THAT HAS BEEN MONTHS AGO AND STILL NO SIGN OF THE 45. I DO KNOW THINGS GET LOST IN THE POST. THATS THE TROUBLE IF THE SELLER HAS SENT ITEM IVE LEARNT TO INSURE THE BIGGER PRICE ITEMS JUST IN CASE THEY DONT SEND OR THE ITEM DOES GET LOST THAT WAY I CAN PUT A CLAIM IN AND GET MY FEES BACK. HAS FOR GRADING THE 45s EARLY ON IN THE MONTH I WAS IN DETROIT AND GOING TO DEALERS HOUSES AND GOING INTO THE SHOPS,THERE GRADING IS A BIG BIG JOKE MOSTLY THE 45s WAS IN A VERY BAD AND POOR WAY AND ON THE SLEEVES IT WOULD STATE MANSHIPS PRICE FOR THE 45. WHAT THEY DONT REALIZE THAT WHAT JOHN PRICES THE 45s ARE 100% MINT UNLESS STATED, THEN YOU ASK THE SELLER WHATS THE LOWEST HE WILL TAKE HE THEN TAKES ABOUT A 3RD FROM JOHNS PRICE-- THAT POINT YOU MUST LISTEN TO THE 45RPM YOU HEAR NOTHING BUT CRACKLE AND POPS YOU TRY AND EXPLAIN THAT MR MANSHIPS PRICES ARE FOR MINT 45s AND THE 45 THEY ARE SELLING ARE NO WHERE NEAR JOHNS PRICES.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!