What Does It Take To Win Your Love

Peter99

Hi All

Heard a version of the Junior Walker classic that I haven't heard before recently. It didn't have the sax and it might have been a female vocal. I heard it on a crossover podcast but cant remember which one. Doh!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

36 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Hi All

Heard a version of the Junior Walker classic that I haven't heard before recently. It didn't have the sax and it might have been a female vocal. I heard it on a crossover podcast but cant remember which one. Doh!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Santana Maybe?

Social source share

Sorry peter, there are so many versions of this track ( i have a fair few myself ) but was thinking of those no SAX, have an album version some where by a Hippie  looking band and female lead singer but can't lay my hands on it but will keep looking, You might try a trawl through youtube but you have probably done that already

Social source share

Just now, RICK SCOTT said:

Sorry peter, there are so many versions of this track ( i have a fair few myself ) but was thinking of those no SAX, have an album version some where by a Hippie  looking band and female lead singer but can't lay my hands on it but will keep looking, You might try a trawl through youtube but you have probably done that already

No problem Rick - I appreciate you replied. There are loads of versions but I'd never heard this one before - really soulful crossover version.

I'll keep looking!

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Hi Baz ,

As I said earlier ,Hearts of Stone LP " Stop The World I wanna Get On " on US V.I.P. their only Album ,not hard crops up on  eBay about £20 ,try discogs or Steve Plumbs  soulmusic web site. Best of Luck good LP LOL .,(4 versions ; Buddy Miles, Electrifying Casmeres, Bay Sisters,Reg Dwight( on a 1969 Top of Pops Cheapo  Lp Alledgely,!)

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Hi Baz,

Correction ,5 including ,blueyed soulster B j Thomas .The Elton John version is on Hallmark chm 660 ,(100 at 87 p on discogs) not bad ,he did play organ for some big visiting 60 s US acts ,including Major Lance.LOL .

Social source share

Thanks Everyone

Unfortunately none of the suggestions are the record in question though. Probably flushed our nearly all the versions! Maybe, I did confuse it with another record - but I'm usually good at remembering, even when I'm pissed. Which is often. There was no playlist with the podcast which has thrown me this time. I'll keep on going.

Pete

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!