60's NORTHERN - GOOD 'N PROPER

Alan Walls

60’s Northern, good ‘n proper. Nae Pish!

The Whispers    -         You Can’t Fight What’s Right / You Got A Man On Your Hands    -   Dore   £200  classy double sider, ‘Fight’ is in ex condition, ‘Hands’ is vg++ labels are pressed slightly off centre but just the labels, the centre is dead on. NAP.

Jimmy Burns   -            Powerful Love / Giver Her To Me     -    Tip Top   £130     both ex condition:  ‘Powerful’ is a gritty, fist pumping dancer, ‘Give’ a nice Sam Cooke-ish (Cooke-y?) number. As with The Whispers, labels are wonky but centre hole is true. NAP.

Sam & Kitty      -           Your Money My Love     -    Four Brothers   ex   £50   understandably in the shadow of ‘I’ve Got Something Good’ but this really is cracking, tuff-assed dancer in it’s own right.

Jackey Beavers      -     Sling Shot    -    Checker    ex     £45        big, bouncy banger by Brother Beavers (that’s enough b’s – Ed) 

***SOLD*** Herman Hitson      -     She’s A Bad Girl / Show Some Sign     -    Minit demo   vg++   £135   what a voice, ol’ Herman couldn’t half roar 'n holler with the with the best of them! Gritty dancer and wailing ballad, condition dictates price here – plays much better than the marks and blemishes suggest

The Blues Busters   -    Love Is The Answer       -     Minit demo    Ex    now here’s a lovely uptempo dancer; great harmonies, soaring strings and good vibes lyrics. Quality tackle.

***SOLD*** The Performers       -    I Can’t Stop You    -   Mirwood demo     £55   Ex      tight, punchy, brassy dancer you don’t see too often, more so on demo

Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum & Durr    - Your Love Keeps Drawing Me Closer / You Can’t Blame Me     -   Capsoul   ex  £50    another fine double sider: ‘Drawing’ is a tidy mid tempo finger snapper, ‘Blame’ is gorgeous sweet soul

***SOLD*** Johnny Scott          -      Somebody Help! Anybody      -      Porta   ex £60      can’t make head nor tail of this one, an oddly-compelling Northern-y, R&B-y, Mod-y groover that’s got ‘ Stafford tape swappers’ written all over it (in a manner of speaking).

Fabulous Traits   -         Lonely Man  /  Love Is Strange    -    Tele-Phonic   ex   £40   seen this getting mentioned in dispatches lately. It don’t do shit for me but WTF do I know? (note to self: don’t sound negative when trying to sell something...)

***SOLD*** The Notations      -      You Should Know        -    Sue   ex   £400    saving the best ‘til last: in my book, the very best from the fantastically consistent Notations, a group really in vogue at the moment. This is a joyous, bouncing, brass-driven Northern dancer that never had the credit it deserved

Terms (please do read this if you're gonna buy something) :

-              Making an offer to buy - please PM me but also note on the sales thread there's a PM on the way.

-              Prices - while I'm sure my prices are reasonable, I might be open to offers on some titles, so ask. Worst that could happen is I’ll say no, or maybe I’ll tell you to bugger off if you’re being really silly, but we’ll still be pals. Fact is, I’m selling these by choice, so there’s a good chance I’d choose to take a reasonable price than no sale at all, and there’s no sense you sitting there thinking you want it but it’s £2 more than that guy on Discogs…

-              Shipping - £8 for UK deliveries over £50 by Special Delivery; £3 for 1st Class ‘Signed For’ if under £50. Please note these are standard Royal Mail prices, rounded up to cover the cost of proper packaging. If you don’t want to pay for Special Delivery then that’s fair enough, but please be aware you will be liable for the difference between the sale price and £50, which is the maximum compensation I can claim in the event it’s lost/stolen/knackered in transit. For overseas destinations, please ask.

-              Payment - PayPal only, and must be made on my acceptance of your offer. If you wish the peace of mind of paying as a business transaction, please add 4% to the total (ie record plus shipping). If you want a wee bit of time to pay then just ask, but please don't assume I'll hold a record without prior arrangement.

-              Returns - no quibble, full refund on the safe return of any record, where you disagree with my condition grading or if I haven't mentioned an obvious fault. I make a point of posting pics so you can see the condition of the labels before you buy. I won't accept returns because of a label's appearance, or because you've decided you don't really like the record after all, or some other daft reason.

Ok, that's the formal jive out the way. Thanks for looking, hope you find something of interest! Cheers, Alan 

Blues Busters.jpg

Fab Traits - Lonely.jpg

Fab Traits - Strange.jpg

Herman Hitson - Bad Girl.jpg

Herman Hitson - Sign.jpg

Jackey Beavers - Sling Shot.jpg

JHT&D - Blame.jpg

JHT&D - Closer.jpg

Jimmy Burns - Give Her.jpg

Jimmy Burns - Powerful.jpg

Johnny Scott.jpg

Notations - You Should Know.jpg

Perfromers - Can't Stop.jpg

Sam & Kitty - Your Money.jpg

Whispers - Can't Fight.jpg

Whispers - Man On Your Hands.jpg

Edited by Alan Walls
Update
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, Alan Walls said:

60’s Northern, good ‘n proper. Nae Pish!

The Whispers    -         You Can’t Fight What’s Right / You Got A Man On Your Hands    -   Dore   £200  classy double sider, ‘Fight’ is in ex condition, ‘Hands’ is vg++ labels are pressed slightly off centre but just the labels, the centre is dead on. NAP.

Jimmy Burns   -            Powerful Love / Giver Her To Me     -    Tip Top   £130     both ex condition:  ‘Powerful’ is a gritty, fist pumping dancer, ‘Give’ a nice Sam Cooke-ish (Cooke-y?) number. As with The Whispers, labels are wonky but centre hole is true. NAP.

Sam & Kitty      -           Your Money My Love     -    Four Brothers   ex   £50   understandably in the shadow of ‘I’ve Got Something Good’ but this really is cracking, tuff-assed dancer in it’s own right.

Jackey Beavers      -     Sling Shot    -    Checker    ex     £45        big, bouncy banger by Brother Beavers (that’s enough b’s – Ed) 

Herman Hitson      -     She’s A Bad Girl / Show Some Sign     -    Minit demo   vg++   £135   what a voice, ol’ Herman couldn’t half roar 'n holler with the with the best of them! Gritty dancer and wailing ballad, condition dictates price here – plays much better than the marks and blemishes suggest

The Blues Busters   -    Love Is The Answer       -     Minit demo    Ex    now here’s a lovely uptempo dancer; great harmonies, soaring strings and good vibes lyrics. Quality tackle.

The Performers       -    I Can’t Stop You    -   Mirwood demo     £55   Ex      tight, punchy, brassy dancer you don’t see too often, more so on demo

Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum & Durr    - Your Love Keeps Drawing Me Closer / You Can’t Blame Me     -   Capsoul   ex  £50    another fine double sider: ‘Drawing’ is a tidy mid tempo finger snapper, ‘Blame’ is gorgeous sweet soul

Johnny Scott          -      Somebody Help! Anybody      -      Porta   ex £60      can’t make head nor tail of this one, an oddly-compelling Northern-y, R&B-y, Mod-y groover that’s got ‘ Stafford tape swappers’ written all over it (in a manner of speaking).

Fabulous Traits   -         Lonely Man  /  Love Is Strange    -    Tele-Phonic   ex   £40   seen this getting mentioned in dispatches lately. It don’t do shit for me but WTF do I know? (note to self: don’t sound negative when trying to sell something...)

The Notations      -      You Should Know        -    Sue   ex   £400    saving the best ‘til last: in my book, the very best from the fantastically consistent Notations, a group really in vogue at the moment. This is a joyous, bouncing, brass-driven Northern dancer that never had the credit it deserved. Get it bought, ya fannies!

*********************************************************************************************************************

Terms (please do read this if you're gonna buy something) :

-              Making an offer to buy - please PM me but also note on the sales thread there's a PM on the way.

-              Prices - while I'm sure my prices are reasonable, I might be open to offers on some titles, so ask. Worst that could happen is I’ll say no, or maybe I’ll tell you to bugger off if you’re being really silly, but we’ll still be pals. Fact is, I’m selling these by choice, so there’s a good chance I’d choose to take a reasonable price than no sale at all, and there’s no sense you sitting there thinking you want it but it’s £2 more than that guy on Discogs…

-              Shipping - £8 for UK deliveries over £50 by Special Delivery; £3 for 1st Class ‘Signed For’ if under £50. Please note these are standard Royal Mail prices, rounded up to cover the cost of proper packaging. If you don’t want to pay for Special Delivery then that’s fair enough, but please be aware you will be liable for the difference between the sale price and £50, which is the maximum compensation I can claim in the event it’s lost/stolen/knackered in transit. For overseas destinations, please ask.

-              Payment - PayPal only, and must be made on my acceptance of your offer. If you wish the peace of mind of paying as a business transaction, please add 4% to the total (ie record plus shipping). If you want a wee bit of time to pay then just ask, but please don't assume I'll hold a record without prior arrangement.

-              Returns - no quibble, full refund on the safe return of any record, where you disagree with my condition grading or if I haven't mentioned an obvious fault. I make a point of posting pics so you can see the condition of the labels before you buy. I won't accept returns because of a label's appearance, or because you've decided you don't really like the record after all, or some other daft reason.

Ok, that's the formal jive out the way. Thanks for looking, hope you find something of interest! Cheers, Alan 

Blues Busters.jpg

Fab Traits - Lonely.jpg

Fab Traits - Strange.jpg

Herman Hitson - Bad Girl.jpg

Herman Hitson - Sign.jpg

Jackey Beavers - Sling Shot.jpg

JHT&D - Blame.jpg

JHT&D - Closer.jpg

Jimmy Burns - Give Her.jpg

Jimmy Burns - Powerful.jpg

Johnny Scott.jpg

Notations - You Should Know.jpg

Perfromers - Can't Stop.jpg

Sam & Kitty - Your Money.jpg

Whispers - Can't Fight.jpg

Whispers - Man On Your Hands.jpg

Social source share

Performers, Johnny Scott, Notations and Herman Hitson all sold.

Apologies to anyone I haven't replied to personally. Minutes after I posted the sales up I had to shoot away on some unexpected family business and unsuccessfully tried to keep up to speed on my phone. Almost sold a record twice (sorry again, Mr You-Know-Who :( ). Lesson learned...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!