• Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Interesting thread Steve :thumbsup:

Black Wings has my angel - Hayes Cotton - 70's Version - Acetate

Neighbors - The ohio players - Tangerine

Oscar Perry - I found true love - Lee Jay ( deep soul )

Karen

Hi Karen..........how have you heard them.........very interested in hearing them myself.ATB Steve
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Barbara Christian - Not like you boy - Brownie

Never seems to get played anymore, much too fast these days i reckon. I played it at the Crew club in Nuneaton just to see what it sounded like on a proper system again. Excellent :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest just mo

A bit long winded for a topic :tumbleweed3:

Which record(s) do you own or know that are not played at venues? Regardless of monetary value?

Kick this off with "lonely voice of love"..........Brill IMO ATB Steve

Hi Steve.

Played it at Peterborough last week. Great toon.

See you soon, Mo

Social source share

Love Games (from A-Z) - royal jokers - wingate

ive always thought this was the Dramatics....

Hi MR Bates...Info I have lead singers....Willie Jones Noah Howell.....

Ron Banks.... voice...

Cannot find a line up for the "Toy Soldier" Crackerjack release ATB Steve

Social source share

A bit long winded for a topic :P

Which record(s) do you own or know that are not played at venues? Regardless of monetary value?

Kick this off with "lonely voice of love"..........Brill IMO ATB Steve

Its normally the one that clears the floor and not even the guy or gal thats asked for it gets up, dont you just hate it :lol: like the guy who says can you play a stomper when ypu have just been playing them for the last 15 mins :P

Social source share

got to say IMO

hayes cotton 70,s shouldnt be played ANYWHERE ITS UTTER CRAP

SORRY BUT TRUE

Don't be sorry, can't all have great taste :lol::D

I do keep telling Karen this Richie :D She also loves the 60's version and I tell her that ain't much better either :P:D

:P So crap, when I request it played out, it fill's the floor.. :lol: Remember Arthur n Wilton, Tim etc - go on admit it Chalk's... tee hee.... wink.gif

Kaz

Social source share

Interesting thread Steve :thumbsup:

Black Wings has my angel - Hayes Cotton - 70's Version - Acetate

Neighbors - The ohio players - Tangerine

Oscar Perry - I found true love - Lee Jay ( deep soul )

Karen

Hi Karen, if you are not on about the late Sixties white Garage Group version that was up for offers not too long ago on here on acetate (still wait for a CD btw.... :thumbsup: ) then why not buy the 7ts LP by Hayes Cotton ? It features this tune as well as his "Love Plays Funny Games" again in a 7ts treat.... if you like the sixties originla, well, I will have that in my box tonight at the 100 Club :P

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Barbara Christian - Not like you boy - Brownie

Never seems to get played anymore, much too fast these days i reckon. I played it at the Crew club in Nuneaton just to see what it sounded like on a proper system again. Excellent :thumbsup:

Barbara Christian..What a tune.. I played it at middleton in the backbeat room,brilliant!! Cheers Paul Sadot :thumbsup:
Social source share

Hi Karen, if you are not on about the late Sixties white Garage Group version that was up for offers not too long ago on here on acetate (still wait for a CD btw.... :thumbsup: ) then why not buy the 7ts LP by Hayes Cotton ? It features this tune as well as his "Love Plays Funny Games" again in a 7ts treat.... if you like the sixties originla, well, I will have that in my box tonight at the 100 Club :P

Marc

Hi Marc, It's a Mastering Lab Studio Acetate I have, signed by Hayes Cotton - 70's version of Black Wings has my Angel. Love the 60's version though, Arthur was selling a mint copy recently :ohmy: couldn't afford it, very happy to have the 70's version :lol: Had "Love plays funny games" in my last collection, very good, obscure n quirky track. Hope you had a good nite at 100 club, me n Chalky went to the "Britt" had a good nite.

Karen

Social source share

3 more before I go to bed - up at 4.30am :thumbsup:

Big Maybelle - 96 Tears - Rojac

You made me so happy - Harold Burrage - M-Pac

Bobby Byrd - Lost in the mood of changes - Smash

all 3 brilliant dancers IMO

Karen

Hi

Big Maybelle - 96 Tears - Rojac 112

Rojac_RA-112a_DJ.jpg - I just love Big Maybelle, I have only just bought this wonderful record, 96 Tears is Awesome

As is Black Is Black, which I haven't got ..... yet!

One that I've had years and I believe has started to get played again is;

The Star-Treks - Gonna Need Magic - VEEP 1254

Veep_1254a_DJ.jpg - I used to play this regularly in the 70's, It always filled the floor.

I can't believe that It has taken all these years to get re-activated.

I am told that a Stock Copy exists for VEEP 1254, however It must be rare as I haven't seen one, anyone got a scan?

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi

Big Maybelle - 96 Tears - Rojac 112

Rojac_RA-112a_DJ.jpg - I just love Big Maybelle, I have only just bought this wonderful record, 96 Tears is Awesome

As is Black Is Black, which I haven't got ..... yet!

Veep_1254a_DJ.jpg - I used to play this regularly in the 70's, It always filled the floor.

Got the big maybell album with it on,love "blakc is blakc". :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi

I am told that a Stock Copy exists for VEEP 1254, however It must be rare as I haven't seen one, anyone got a scan?

Used to play this out a lot myself latter part of the 80's. Was lot harder to get then, Rob Marriott tried few times to get mine from me offering various goodies in exchange :thumbsup:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Another Veep goodie that don't get played much is Johnny Dunn's Your'e Hanging Me Up. Pure class never heard in the northern soul graveyard that is South Yorkshire.

Best Bri.

Hi Bri,have you played the other side,"False Pride" :D:thumbsup: Brill IMO.ATB Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!