SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

19 hours ago, dthedrug said:

:hatsoff2:WOULD YOU ADAM & EVE IT, THE MACHINE IS BACK, AS YOU MAY BE AWARE MY MANY YEARS OF LIVING THE HIGH LIFE ON THE RARE SOUL SCENE WITH IT'S ALL NIGHTERS & ALL DAYERS, ESPECIALLY BACK IN THE 1970s, WHEN I LIVED IN LETCHWORTH, MY WEEK WOULD BE SOMETHING LIKE THIS:- THURSDAY NIGHT, GO TO BEDFORD WITH MICK SMITH, FRIDAY WIGAN OLDIES BUYING & SELLING 45s IN THE BAR WITH MICK SMITH, ADY C, & PETE WID,  SATURDAY NIGHT BLACKPOOL MECCA (OR AS I USE TO SAY, GOING TO BLOCKPOOL TO SEE THE HALLUCINATONS). THEN ON TO WIGAN ALL NIGHTER, SUNDAY THE RITZ OR CAT WHISKERS OR SAMANTHAS ALL DAYERS, THEN MAKE MY WAY HOME, SO COMPARED TO SOME PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN THE NORTH, US FROM THE SOUTH REALLY HAD TO BE PASSIONETTE ABOUT SOUL MUSIC...OR BLOCKED?

SO THE LAST FEW MONTHS, MY HEALTH HAS WORSENED, WITH TYPE 2 DIABETIS WHICH HAS LEFT ME WITH 50/50 CHANCE OF LOSING MY LOWER LEGS, SUSPECTED BOWL CANCER, HEP B&C, MY ADDICTION ISSUE PLUS OTHER STUFF, ALL LEADING ME HAVING TO TAKE 47 DIFFERANT TABLETS EVERY DAY, THEN THERE WAS A ISSUE WITH MY LAPTOP SCREEN, AFTER ME PUTTING MY FIST THROUGH IT LAST jANUARY AS I WAS IN A SULKING MOOD, BUT NOW I'M BACK, AS I have no sound files for these 3, if someone could put them on for me,

However I must show you the Craig Douglas on Indian $tateside don't know how rare it is but my copy is the only one i've seen, VALUE PLEASE

AT THIS TIME I MUST THANK YOU ALL FOR KEEPING THE CLUB ALIVE, SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO MIKE & A BIG THANKS TO KEV. I HOPE TO GET HIM A PINT IF HE GETS HIMSELF DOWN TO THE STABLE, JOHNNY BEGGS GETS THERE? 

SO HERE WE GO AGAIN, IT SEEMS THAT KEV MADE NO RULES FOR THIS THREAD THAT'S COOL, HOWEVER I STILL BELEIVE THAT ANY RECORD ON THIS THREAD, YOU SHOULD OWN A COPY (thats what the club is all about. picking a 45 from  your collection, it does not matter if rare, northern, beat ballard, funk, motown, or JA Soul, my preferance is rare UK SOUL & classic northern origanals).Scan_20170323.thumb.png.5c9c0462172b53224892df07625a763e.png

Scan_20170323.thumb.png.5c9c0462172b53224892df07625a763e.png

Scan_20170322.png

There's a copy of the Indian Sateside Craig Douglas on Discogs for £33 which seems about the going rate for the Pye too.

New to me, I suppose it has it's charm like the Robert Henry Hensley on Polydor.

Best wishes with your health issues.

Mick

Edited by Mick Sway
Clip added.
Social source share

16 hours ago, dthedrug said:

:hatsoff2:WOULD YOU ADAM & EVE IT, THE MACHINE IS BACK, AS YOU MAY BE AWARE MY MANY YEARS OF LIVING THE HIGH LIFE ON THE RARE SOUL SCENE WITH IT'S ALL NIGHTERS & ALL DAYERS, ESPECIALLY BACK IN THE 1970s, WHEN I LIVED IN LETCHWORTH, MY WEEK WOULD BE SOMETHING LIKE THIS:- THURSDAY NIGHT, GO TO BEDFORD WITH MICK SMITH, FRIDAY WIGAN OLDIES BUYING & SELLING 45s IN THE BAR WITH MICK SMITH, ADY C, & PETE WID,  SATURDAY NIGHT BLACKPOOL MECCA (OR AS I USE TO SAY, GOING TO BLOCKPOOL TO SEE THE HALLUCINATONS). THEN ON TO WIGAN ALL NIGHTER, SUNDAY THE RITZ OR CAT WHISKERS OR SAMANTHAS ALL DAYERS, THEN MAKE MY WAY HOME, SO COMPARED TO SOME PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN THE NORTH, US FROM THE SOUTH REALLY HAD TO BE PASSIONETTE ABOUT SOUL MUSIC...OR BLOCKED?

SO THE LAST FEW MONTHS, MY HEALTH HAS WORSENED, WITH TYPE 2 DIABETIS WHICH HAS LEFT ME WITH 50/50 CHANCE OF LOSING MY LOWER LEGS, SUSPECTED BOWL CANCER, HEP B&C, MY ADDICTION ISSUE PLUS OTHER STUFF, ALL LEADING ME HAVING TO TAKE 47 DIFFERANT TABLETS EVERY DAY, THEN THERE WAS A ISSUE WITH MY LAPTOP SCREEN, AFTER ME PUTTING MY FIST THROUGH IT LAST jANUARY AS I WAS IN A SULKING MOOD, BUT NOW I'M BACK, AS I have no sound files for these 3, if someone could put them on for me,

However I must show you the Craig Douglas on Indian $tateside don't know how rare it is but my copy is the only one i've seen, VALUE PLEASE

AT THIS TIME I MUST THANK YOU ALL FOR KEEPING THE CLUB ALIVE, SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO MIKE & A BIG THANKS TO KEV. I HOPE TO GET HIM A PINT IF HE GETS HIMSELF DOWN TO THE STABLE, JOHNNY BEGGS GETS THERE? 

SO HERE WE GO AGAIN, IT SEEMS THAT KEV MADE NO RULES FOR THIS THREAD THAT'S COOL, HOWEVER I STILL BELEIVE THAT ANY RECORD ON THIS THREAD, YOU SHOULD OWN A COPY (thats what the club is all about. picking a 45 from  your collection, it does not matter if rare, northern, beat ballard, funk, motown, or JA Soul, my preferance is rare UK SOUL & classic northern origanals).

Dave

Well come back old boy,glad to hear you are feeling lots better :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Welcome back Dave. I've just replaced my old copy of this with a nice white demo - the 7 of course. One of my favourite modern tracks without doubt, a superb dance record to boot. It's been hammered over the years but still stands up to scrutiny.

Janice, Don't Be So Blind To Love - Skip Mahoney. Lets me having yer.

Peter

Peter

Yep agree still sounds the biz..........did I really write that for people to see :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Patto said:

About time i posted one up.Got this one sent over from the states many years ago it being an all time fave of mine.Have it on the Solid Hit label but it also got a UK release on Track

All the Best to Dave (Keep on Keeping on )

Patto

And sanity returns after my brief dalliance with the disco bunnies :lol:

Great vocals on top of a great backing track what more do you want :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Patto said:

About time i posted one up.Got this one sent over from the states many years ago it being an all time fave of mine.Have it on the Solid Hit label but it also got a UK release on Track

All the Best to Dave (Keep on Keeping on )

Debonaires Headache in my heart

As you say weirdly also released on a UK Track 45.

Long gone now I'm afraid, but I once owned a copy that I picked up from Cadman's record exchange in Hanley Bus Station.

You could swap 10 old records for a chart tune.

What I found there, ah those were 't days.

Have to make do with the BackTrack compilation LP now.

Edited by Mick Sway
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

3 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Bought this last week from Mark Freeman, totally addictive - must have spun it 20 times over the w/e 

Tommy Dodson 'One Day Love' (Uptown) 

Chris

Bloody hell it's a proper bit of northern,did you buy it by mistake :wicked:..........you knew it was coming :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share