SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

R&B time from me today !!!!

Picked this up at the fair yesterday got a few marks on it but plays fine,its from 1962 

Just a little info on the Valdot release stamped in the deadwax is a Philips stamper & Nashville Matrix stamp 

The original press isn't on the tube but the 2nd press on Battle is the 1 iv'e posted 

Roscoe Shelton - Time & Distance - Valdot 

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 5/5/2017 at 21:28, Bruv said:

One of my first ever buys was Little Beaver - Listen To My Heartbeat, nice late 1970's spin. :) :hatsoff2:

R-1162512-1273232847.jpeg.jpg

Still not quite got the hang of it Bruv! I suppose posting images is a start. :wicked:

Here you go pal. :thumbup:

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Still not quite got the hang of it Bruv! I suppose posting images is a start. :wicked:

Here you go pal. :thumbup:

Thanks Pete, and what a great track this is. :hatsoff2: 

Going to splash out soon on a new lap top so hold on to your hat when I can post up these great sounds! :thumbsup: :thumbup:

Social source share

Doing the prep for Monday's Hospedia radio show, featuring new /recent releases and decided to include this one from 2014 , released on Motown France. 

Ben L'Oncle Soul 'Hallelujah (j'ai tant besoin de toi ) ' 

Edited by andybellwood
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

On 11/05/2017 at 09:01, TattooDave said:

The flip to "The Night The Angels Cried"...

Loved this for ages, awesome beat ballad and cheap as chips to pick up - totally overlooked I think

Came across this interesting piece ages ago on the world wide web about the man himself:-

https://redkelly.blogspot.co.uk/2007/08/the-tikis-vocal-by-len-wade-i-was-doin.html

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Two from me tonight, couldn't be more different but both current big living room spins for me. One dead easy to pick up, the other less so.

First storming 70's Motown from Thelma Houston with 'Don't know why I love you':-

Edited by Chris Turnbull
Spelling mistake
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 16:06, dthedrug said:

:hatsoff2:HI ALL...In my opinion the 3 Degrees are one of the worlds greatest female trio to hit my lug holes, they knock spots of many Detroit groups, and issued many fine 45' s, if that wasn't enough they played an integral part in the late 6t's early 7t's helping create Gamble & Huffs dream of a label that would take the place of the MOTOWN SOUND by launching their PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL LABEL.  "when will I see you again" is a classic reminder of how great the group were, and to this day it would not bother me if at a venue the DJ played any of the fine stuff from the label.

So you may think it's a PHILLY INT record that I have picked, however you would be wrong. the £ Degrees have a few great RARE SOUL TRAX that you should own, The one I have picked from their catalogue of SWAN recordings is the FAB "are you Satisfied" I hope you are, now who gives a F**K at 3am if we call this a Northern Soul Classic or a RARE SOUL masterpiece? not me I'm not into that sort of politics of the scene.

Below are scaans of my copy played today at 1pm , The 3 DEGREES - "are you satisfied" B/W - "love of my life" - SWAN #S-4267-D/{***** Value? 

All I can say is "when will you see me again"?.... very soon say's I. KTF Dave K.

3 degrees.jpg

3 degrees aa.jpg

One of My all Time Faves always in my box.Real Stormer great shout Dave

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

this was new to me and been playing it a lot over the last week or so, bought it for the flip, prefer this sublime piece of soul

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
3 hours ago, Patto said:

Not posted for a bit and thought i would bring a bit of OOOMPH back to the thread with this stormer from Freddie Scott.Always in my playbox and due for an airing.

awesome record, wow

Social source share

19 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

No problem mate. Didn't used to care for this Marie Knight offering but it's grown on me over the years. Certainly a big, big spin in its day. 

:thumbsup:

One of my all time favourite's Pete, and I get to play it out now and then as it's popular with quite a few of my friends that attend the gigs. :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Super Soul spin from the one and only L. J. Reynolds - Key To The World   :hatsoff2:

R-4782049-1492270957-8567.jpeg.jpg

Nice pick. Scroll down to to see my pick which is culled from a Capitol compilation featuring this track too. I'm sure I have posted before but the two go together. 

Najee, with Janice Dempsey on vocals. Its So Hard To Let Go. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

19 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Nice pick. Scroll down to to see my pick which is culled from a Capitol compilation featuring this track too. I'm sure I have posted before but the two go together. 

Najee, with Janice Dempsey on vocals. Its So Hard To Let Go. 

Thank you Pete, I'll check it out. :) 

Social source share

Well looks like you lot have been having a great time without me.............I'll soon put a stop to that :lol:

One or two new things posted for me to go checkout after I've thrown up my tune for today,keep em coming.

Dean Anderson played this last night & it sounded so good played out loud,I'm sure he said he had it C/U as Morris Chestnut at one time?First person I heard play it was Nick Hackett quite awhile back & I loved it straight away.Took me a bit of time to track one down after that but worth the wait (one on e-bay now for $150 which is rather a lot more then I paid for mine).

Jackie Avery-I Got Love Tail-Gate

• Helpful 2
Social source share