SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

Another one surprisingly hard to find for a cheapie .Mines a nice yellow demo.One told by an old torcher that it got lots of spins there and always went down well.Never heard anyone else play it out.The flip is an awsome dancer also.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Patto said:

Another Northern all time classic from the Torch era.Took me an age to find a nice genuine original.Loads of lookalike boots out there.

:hatsoff2:HI ALL..... This Detriot 45 without doubt one of the true soul classics that established the northern soul scene, if the twisted wheel & the few other all night venues who played rare soul to the few who were lucky through word of mouth to find out about them, & let's not forget many people who lived within a quarter of a mile  from them did not no of there existence in the late 1960's & even if they did, the idea of attending a venue that was packed out with Skinhead Types blocked up on Blues & Black bombers would of been more than enough to scare of any music loving hairy who would sit crossed legged on a dance floor smashed on black stinking of Petulia oil waving a Jos stick, yes indeed the rare soul scene was so underground at the time, and when most of it's music had been issued on UK labels had been discovered 7 by 1971 many of the faithful owned  the top sounds,  it is my opinion that the closing down of the Wheel & the Lantern turned out to be a good thing.

It would be stupid of me to try and name the people who kept the faith in 71 72, but with venues like Blackpool Mecca & Bletsoe and DJ Tony Jebb Alan Day Keith Minshull PEP & others the scene would have died,  Then along come the promoters of failing run down clubs that would do anything to earn a buck, So it come down to one man in the midlands towns known as the potteries, Mr Chris Burton & his run down club "the Golden TORCH" in Tunstall & DJ Keith Minshull & Tony Jebb plus Alan Day with a few others, supported by not only a strong local support but by the knowledgeable Brothers whose love of Soul Music was much deeper than my love for breaking into chemist shops,

Back to the record this record is a typical record from 72 that was played at the Mecca, Cat;s, Up the Junction & Crewe, thanks to all for Keeping the Faith in 71/2 for creating the Northern Soul Scene,,,,,, Also to be added is Patto for picking this classic for inclusion into the SSRC Dave Godin, Blues & Soul and all the people who took time to record the music we love, Right On Now & KTF Dave K

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2:Hi All After raving on about the scene, this is one off my favourates although it's not a big money 45 it ain't that cheap either plus as far as I'm aware never booted, I must of played this one before? however it is Saturday Night,  My copy is below johnny manships:thumbsup:KTF Dave K

black mother goose sn.png

• Helpful 3
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Thanks Patto, yes got there in the end. :thumbsup: 

Well done Bruv :wink: i had the same probs when i 1st started used ask members to post for me lol & they did then i got the hang of it 

Its nice to see new blood joining the SSRC :)

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Well done Bruv :wink: i had the same probs when i 1st started used ask members to post for me lol & they did then i got the hang of it 

Its nice to see new blood joining the SSRC :)

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Thank you very much, Kev. :)  :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 17:18, Patto said:

Another one surprisingly hard to find for a cheapie .Mines a nice yellow demo.One told by an old torcher that it got lots of spins there and always went down well.Never heard anyone else play it out.The flip is an awsome dancer also.

it was played at a small club in Redditch called cloud nine really popular with the local scooterists & mods

• Helpful 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, redditchcrew said:

forgot about this totally nice reminder I shall have to acquire this nice one patto  

Cheers Ian. I have played it out once and afterwards was thanked by a couple of old Stafford goers that said they had not heard it since Guy H played it back in the day.It fetches a fair old price these days and has appeared in a Manship auction.Mine is Demo which is easier to find than the stock copy.

By the way love that Duke Turner on your You tube channel new one to me top tune

Social source share

49 minutes ago, Patto said:

Cheers Ian. I have played it out once and afterwards was thanked by a couple of old Stafford goers that said they had not heard it since Guy H played it back in the day.It fetches a fair old price these days and has appeared in a Manship auction.Mine is Demo which is easier to find than the stock copy.

By the way love that Duke Turner on your You tube channel new one to me top tune

cheers mate I wasn't confident to play it straight out thought I would give a public airing first :thumbsup: 

Social source share

1 hour ago, RICK SCOTT said:

One of my favourite 6Ts records would be be well up there in my top 20, can't play this one enough. This is the *Mighty Joe Young*  Suffering Soul on WEBCOR Records (USA) Crank up the volume sit back and enjoy :ohmy:

Yep Brill record Rick got one myself. Always followed by Geater Davis-- My Love Is So strong for you.Two similar tracks that sound great played loud.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Patto said:

Yep Brill record Rick got one myself. Always followed by Geater Davis-- My Love Is So strong for you.Two similar tracks that sound great played loud.

Patto

And one to follow Geater.................

ROSCO GORDON - You Got My Bait Jomada

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Bugger! I did this post last night but forgot to hit the submit reply button! Ah, well, pissed again. Innit. 

It's the start of the weekend, dust down the deck, and crank up the volume into overdrive. Move your ass! 

J. Jocko ‎– I'm Gettin' Over - ave it.....................

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
12 hours ago, Bruv said:

Wonderful Soul from Mr Buddy Miles - I'm Just A Kiss Away  :hatsoff2:

what a great record this is, perfect for summer

Social source share

:hatsoff2:Hi All ....Happy Long Weekend,,, It's that time of the year, that I wonder what happened the Whitsun? why did it go? will it come back as part of the BREXIT DEAL? & while I'm on that subject, do we go back to £ s d, as decimalisation, was a part of the deal to act like the French,

A quick quiz, What was the first decimal coin in the UK?

Right my 45 for this morning is a classic that I got at a record fair in the early 8t's I paid £5 for it, at the time I had never actually seen a copy, so it came as a surprise to find out it was on the rare first label. & for F**K sake I forgot to download the sound file, I will do it later, unless some kind person adds it on for me?/ here's my morning pick Ann Sexton, KTF & enjoy the Picture?

ann sexton.jpg

• Helpful 2
Social source share

34 minutes ago, dthedrug said:

:hatsoff2:Hi All ....Happy Long Weekend,,, It's that time of the year, that I wonder what happened the Whitsun? why did it go? will it come back as part of the BREXIT DEAL? & while I'm on that subject, do we go back to £ s d, as decimalisation, was a part of the deal to act like the French,

Right my 45 for this morning is a classic that I got at a record fair in the early 8t's I paid £5 for it, at the time I had never actually seen a copy, so it came as a surprise to find out it was on the rare first label. & for F**K sake I forgot to download the sound file, I will do it later, unless some kind person adds it on for me?/ here's my morning pick Ann Sexton, KTF & enjoy the Picture?

ann sexton.jpg

Ay up Dave. Here you go my mate.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, dthedrug said:

ann sexton.jpg

Dave

As I've said many times on here I don't like live acts & that includes back in the day.But saw Ann at The Wilton last year & she was brilliant,she sang this note perfect just sounded like the record.

Cheers
Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

funny how you associate certain records with warm weather but this one always reminds me of summer, had people round for a BBQ today and it went down well with the burgers & chicken kebabs, hope the neighbours didn't mind the noise haha

(unfortunately some prat wrote on the label of my copy, why do people do that?)

Social source share