SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

1 hour ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Heres one that i heard John Peel play on his Radio Show back in 1981 and promptly bought and covered it up as the Carstairs and it took off straight away, soon uncovered though lol :ohmy:, great days but old Peely new a thing or two, remember him playing Eddie And Ernie track on his show too:thumbup:

Nice Rick. New to me. 

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

nice to see the Lovelites getting some attention on here, my current fav

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
3 hours ago, gointoagogo said:

Great track this. Did it actually come out on 45? 

I honestly thought this was an LP only tune, and not cheap either, that 45 looks like a mock up label doesn't it?

Social source share

52 minutes ago, shufflin said:

I honestly thought this was an LP only tune, and not cheap either, that 45 looks like a mock up label doesn't it?

I think it is LP only. Unlike some of the other great tracks on there which did escape onto 45's.

One of my favourite girl groups. 

Social source share

Don't generally post 60's stuff but I was really taken with this when I first started going to all niters in 1979 - it was a big, big record back then. Absolute stonker of a dance record with superb vocals, sax and horns. Lou Roberts and the Marks - You Fooled Me. Does it get played out today? 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

19 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Don't generally post 60's stuff but I was really taken with this when I first started going to all niters in 1979 - it was a big, big record back then. Absolute stonker of a dance record with superb vocals, sax and horns. Lou Roberts and the Marks - You Fooled Me. Does it get played out today? 

Nice one Pete, great post Sir. :hatsoff2: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, Bruv said:

Classy Soul - The Dells - Make Sure  (you have someone who loves you) 

"make sure you have someone who loves you, yeah, YEAH!!"

The mighty Dells, what vocals

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 31/05/2017 at 20:02, Bruv said:

Super Soul from The Delfonics - I Told You So  :hatsoff2: 

new to me, cracking record - love the shoes on the label, what are they?

Social source share

21 hours ago, shufflin said:

new to me, cracking record - love the shoes on the label, what are they?

Another great sound from 1973 shufflin :hatsoff2:  Not sure on the shoes could be Brouges, I am strictly a loafers man myself. :thumbsup: :) 

10306379_10153183802415256_8971738123318875855_n.jpg

Social source share

Just now, redditchcrew said:

Here you go cheap tune under £50

Love it great tune an overlooked one.Thought it was a new tune to my ears but somehow it sempt familiar.Then i noticed it appeared on one of the early goldmine CDs in the Cmon n dance series so i think thats where i heard it.Never heard it played out though so think your onto a winner there Ian.Great looking label.

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Patto said:

Couple of old Stafford moovers from me today two that always got under my skin right through to my jiggly bone

Patto

Think Willie Small was played at Wigan as well...........not 100% on that anyone confirm?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

53 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Patto

Think Willie Small was played at Wigan as well...........not 100% on that anyone confirm?

Cheers

Martyn

Never heard it till my time in the 80s Martyn so dont know the score but it would surprise me if it did get a Wigan Spin.The tempo and style was a step away from the traditional Northern sound an 80s vibe like so many stafford oldies that dont get accepted by todays scene.There is a fantastic clip on you tube of crazy Baz playing it out at a venue in the 80s ill see if i can track it down.

Edited by Patto
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Patto said:

A change from me here with a 70s tune.Great social commentary in the lyrics that are still relevent today.Had this on 9 chains demo for a while not heard it played out for many years

Patto

New to me,sounds OK on first play :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

26 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Here is one outa my Cleethorpes Pier Box of Trix you Never hear these days, The single and the album hard to come by and what an intro that calls you onto the dance floor, Funky Northern at it's best, ENJOY

Got Cleethorpes written all over it Rick. 

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Spinning a few tonight - in and out of the garden, having a good drink up and making take away curry for ten people at work, which I will deliver on Monday. I've played this before but have just had it banging out here - just right for my mood tonight. A bit of Chicago soul, The Chimes - Beginning of My Life. 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

2 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Here is one outa my Cleethorpes Pier Box of Trix you Never hear these days, The single and the album hard to come by and what an intro that calls you onto the dance floor, Funky Northern at it's best, ENJOY

Any chance of posting up some Cleethorpes playlists Rick? As you say a lot of stuff like this you never hear these days - would love some more recommendations

• Helpful 2
Social source share

42 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Thanks Chris and Peter for you comments, they are always most welcome and Chris i will see what i can do and will continue to post stuff from that era as for me it was the best, very experimental and nothing fazed me, I always played what i believed in and still do, 

So this morning i have pulled another one out of that same box, The Wonderful Betty Fikes and passions Prove It Which was also very popular at the Blackpool Mecca. ENJOY! PS The other side of this is sublime SOUL mmmmmm

Nice pick again Rick. Yes the flip is a stunning deep record. Will have a dig round later for a Cleggy classic. 

:thumbsup:

Social source share

3 hours ago, Kev John said:

Nice Double Header from me today 1970 is the year 

Sugar Pie DeSanto - Maybe I'm A Fool / My Illusions - Soul Clock

Enjoy !!!

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Fab .

From the same era/label I play this one out whenever the opportunity arises .

Edited by andybellwood
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Thanks Chris and Peter for you comments, they are always most welcome and Chris i will see what i can do and will continue to post stuff from that era as for me it was the best, very experimental and nothing fazed me, I always played what i believed in and still do, 

So this morning i have pulled another one out of that same box, The Wonderful Betty Fikes and passions Prove It Which was also very popular at the Blackpool Mecca. ENJOY! PS The other side of this is sublime SOUL mmmmmm

Rick

As The Mecca & Cleggy are often mention in the same breath,was there tunes first played at Cleggy that became biggies at The Mecca or was it all one way from Blackpool to Cleethorpes?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

9 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Fantastic track that Rick, new to me.

See one sold on here a couple of years ago for £1200 so well out of my price bracket. Some boots on discogs and even they are £50+ 

Social source share