SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft...  Great memories for me of first hearing this as a young boy when mum bought the single home, the whole Shaft Soundtrack for me is a music masterpiece, I really do "Dig It"  :yes:  :hatsoff2:   

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Bruv said:

Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft...  Great memories for me of first hearing this as a young boy when mum bought the single home, the whole Shaft Soundtrack for me is a music masterpiece, I really do "Dig It"  :yes:  :hatsoff2:   

The other side is just a bit good too, This is the LP full Length Version, The 7" is an edited version 2:55 Mins,

A Beautiful instrumental showing off great Talent, Guitar Work and  Strings and Things, Wonderful Stuff

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

12 hours ago, Bruv said:

Hi All  For me the SHAFT LP & the Across 110th street LP & not forgetting the superb Superfly LP are a must have LP's that are deep with soul, these LP's often referred as Black Wax come to my attention at the same time as soul music was morphing into Disco and I was getting well & truly into the rare soul scene, if that was not the case I'm sure my knowledge would have gone deep into the roots of the BLACK WAX EXPLOSION of 1971 to 1975 as there is many sounds songs  tunes tucked away on LP's I've yet to discover, to conclude the B side of SHAFT is a good example off what I'm trying to say KTF DAVE K

• Helpful 1
Social source share

29 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Pookie Hudson - This Gets To Me. I had the pleasure of playing this Timeless Classic out over the weekend while doing a dj guest spot. :) :hatsoff2:

One of my favourites Bruv. 

Put out a wants for this recently - on the vodka again! 

Social source share

Guest Spain pete
11 hours ago, dthedrug said:

Hi All  For me the SHAFT LP & the Across 110th street LP & not forgetting the superb Superfly LP are a must have LP's that are deep with soul, these LP's often referred as Black Wax come to my attention at the same time as soul music was morphing into Disco and I was getting well & truly into the rare soul scene, if that was not the case I'm sure my knowledge would have gone deep into the roots of the BLACK WAX EXPLOSION of 1971 to 1975 as there is many sounds songs  tunes tucked away on LP's I've yet to discover, to conclude the B side of SHAFT is a good example off what I'm trying to say KTF DAVE K

Black Caesar /James brown      the mack/ Willie hutch.   Troubled man /Marvin gaye   sure is some great black wax out there🎶🎶🎶

Social source share

8 hours ago, Peter99 said:

One of my favourites Bruv. 

Put out a wants for this recently - on the vodka again! 

There was a copy on Discogs last time I looked Pete but I don't think it's in very good nick. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Black Caesar /James brown      the mack/ Willie hutch.   Troubled man /Marvin gaye   sure is some great black wax out there🎶🎶🎶

Great album Black Caesar, good excuse to post this Pete. :)  :hatsoff2:  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

HI ALL This classic is always on want lists, the fact there are far few going around, and most copies are in Vg at best, I have had my copy for years, however the reason I have put this one up, is that there is a brand new copy on EBAY with just hours left, now remember this is tate and I expect it will sell for £300,, KTF DAVE

• Helpful 2
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Patto said:

One ive just been re-aquainted with after several years is this great slab of detroit girl group Northern from the Wonderettes.Well worth a reactivated spin.

One of my all time favourites Patto, thought it sounded incredible when I gave it a spin at The Gas Club the other month...not heard it played out for a few decades..👍

• Helpful 1
Social source share

34 minutes ago, SOULFULHOUND said:

One of my all time favourites Patto, thought it sounded incredible when I gave it a spin at The Gas Club the other month...not heard it played out for a few decades..👍

Chris your spin was the first time i had heard it for a while also.One of those this sounds shit hot moments :thumbsup:

Think it will get some airtime from me if i manage to get it on before you buddy :)

Social source share

Well survived another June?Two weekenders in one month is just too much at my age :D,thank god Cleggy is finished as we know it?

So plenty of catch up for me.

I thought I'd post this to show what you've been missing..........or maybe not :wicked:

Quincy Jones & His Orchestra feat. Joe Newman - Slob't Mercury

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Bought this for the other side "Baby You're Right" which is a great dancer but no You Tube vid so can't post it but thought I'd post t'other side as that's a lovely smooth tune on it's own.

Helena Hollins-China Doll Stonegood Records

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Well survived another June?Two weekenders in one month is just too much at my age :D,thank god Cleggy is finished as we know it?

I thought I'd post this to show what you've been missing..........or maybe not :wicked:

I Like this :yes:  Very nice, Great Tune to put a smile on Yer face on a Sunday Morning, The original Bat Man and Robin Kicking the Jokers Arse with this  in back ground jumped into my head immediately ,  :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just now, RICK SCOTT said:

I Like this :yes:  Very nice, Great Tune to put a smile on Yer face on a Sunday Morning, The original Bat Man and Robin Kicking the Jokers Arse with this  in back ground jumped into my head immediately ,  :D

Rick

Maybe a wince for some :lol:

Think it is a famous 60t's theme tune but not quite sure which?Thought it might be "Dragnet" the police series but it's not I don't think?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

On 28/06/2017 at 11:53, TattooDave said:

A little crossover gem from me for today...

Dave

Bought mine for this side but have been told that the other side was played at The Mecca?You would think it would be the other way round?

THE FESTIVALS - HIGH WIDE AND HANDSOME SMASH

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 25/06/2017 at 09:11, Bruv said:

Pookie Hudson - This Gets To Me. I had the pleasure of playing this Timeless Classic out over the weekend while doing a dj guest spot. :) :hatsoff2:

Bruv

Sorry mate but don't like this,never did when it was massive :ohmy:A Hull lad had one come through the post when it was massive & the good old postie snapped it in half putting it through the letterbox..........best thing for it :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, hullsoul said:

sure your going out to much martyn , sound like you need to get out more :D , it's a wince from me  lol , like ive said before though if we all liked the same stuff it would be a boring world :thumbsup: , hope your well matey

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Larry Williams and Johnny Watson - Too Late. I had the pleasure of playing this all time Classic over the weekend while dj-ing a friends surprise 50th Birthday party, as it's one of his favourites, made his night it did. :)  :hatsoff2: 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

On 7/2/2017 at 11:20, hullsoul said:

Rick

Maybe a wince for some :lol:

Think it is a famous 60t's theme tune but not quite sure which?Thought it might be "Dragnet" the police series but it's not I don't think?

Cheers

Martyn

Dragnet ....that's the b side to Derek and Ray methinks ???

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 02/07/2017 at 11:02, hullsoul said:

Love this Martyn, need to find one :D 

Rick is right, reminds me of Batman running around with the unexploded bomb 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 7/2/2017 at 11:34, hullsoul said:

Bruv

Sorry mate but don't like this,never did when it was massive :ohmy:A Hull lad had one come through the post when it was massive & the good old postie snapped it in half putting it through the letterbox..........best thing for it :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

How can anyone not like this? :wicked:

I love it - including the name Pookie. Such a cool name.

Peter 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Peter99 said:

How can anyone not like this? :wicked:

I love it - including the name Pookie. Such a cool name.

Peter 

Fraid im with Mr Bird on this one.Pookie has never done owt for me either,always cringe when it comes on

• Helpful 2
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Patto said:

Fraid im with Mr Bird on this one.Pookie has never done owt for me either,always cringe when it comes on

Well the world would be boring if we all liked the same thing. Mr Bird is swayed by his love of rock and roll! :wicked:

:lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share