SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

Heres one from me that was a massive tune hammered everywhere on the scene during the 90s.This is Doni Burdick with Candle.Previously unissued and first put out on this legit Soul King pink label around 1991.Not easy to track down a copy these days,It shares the same backing track as The Dynamics oldie.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

On 09/07/2017 at 10:54, hullsoul said:

R n B monster from me today,turn it up loud & hear those horns :thumbup:

Zenobia Bonner-All Alone Accident

A very rare soul tune, even though if it is not my taste primarily good stuff in its own right n not cheap if ever available ''tis with heavy heart I have to give credit to birdy for his acquisition 😩 And it hurts believe me 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Andy Reynard said:

A very rare soul tune, even though if it is not my taste primarily good stuff in its own right n not cheap if ever available ''tis with heavy heart I have to give credit to birdy for his acquisition 😩 And it hurts believe me 

Andy

:lol::lol::lol:............well thank you kind sir,even though it was through gritted teeth :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

53 minutes ago, andybellwood said:

Well deserved Martyn . You did well nailing it . Never ever seen one in sales box's etc . 

Andy

It wasn't quite in a sales box as such,it was offered to me by someone who knew I loved it & it was at a great price I just couldn't say no..........& now it's mine,all mine :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

3 hours ago, Andy Reynard said:

Not bad but wipe away the teardrops better discuss if you can 🤔 

Andy

"Gotta Wipe Away The Teardrops" is one of my fave northern tunes ever,nigh on perfect imo?Slightly more expensive then "Just A Little While" too :ohmy:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Andy

:lol::lol::lol:............well thank you kind sir,even though it was through gritted teeth :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Mmm absolutely hated myself as much as you do for posting that but sometimes it's nice to be nice N that tune is better than nice It gives you something to build on Martyn

😀😀😀

Social source share

Just now, Andy Reynard said:

Mmm absolutely hated myself as much as you do for posting that but sometimes it's nice to be nice N that tune is better than nice It gives you something to build on Martyn

😀😀😀

Got to fluke one every now & then :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Still waiting for this to have it's day in the sun,I think it's to good to be missed???

The You Tube vid has the label as Circo & I can see why in the design but I think it's Arco,what do you think label scan provided................

5969d29b87315_DollyGibson-IGetShook(ArcoSC-2133).JPG.9560a8f9083e34498f5da757cd6b67e6.JPG

Not the greatest quality vid but the only one up on You Tube.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 05/07/2017 at 08:46, hullsoul said:

Another new addition from me today & a great double sider.

Ray Barretto-Hard Hands/Love Beads Fania

Thanks for that mate, I bought the album thanks to that recommendation and it arrived yesterday... it's one of the best latin LPs I've heard.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Jimmy Disco D said:

Thanks for that mate, I bought the album thanks to that recommendation and it arrived yesterday... it's one of the best latin LPs I've heard.

Jimmy

Only got the 45,any chance of posting up any of the other good tracks off the LP please :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

2 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Jimmy

Only got the 45,any chance of posting up any of the other good tracks off the LP please :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

I'll have a listen tonight and choose a few...... you've already got the best two though. The others are a bit less soully and more typical NY latin.

I dunno if you're interested in re-issues but they just got some back in stock in Sounds of the Universe, cheap as chips.

• Helpful 1
Social source share