SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

58 minutes ago, Jimmy Disco D said:

Here you go Hullsoul, first up the other soul influenced ones.....

The rest are more like this......

Everyone else: Sorry about all the latin, I'll stop now.

Jimmy

Thanks for them,not sure everyone will be so pleased :lol:

Really like the first two but not so keen on the last one,will have to look out for the LP on my trawls :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

:hatsoff2:HI ALL...I thought the week should start with a classic, Played at the Wheel, Jackie Ross make many records but this CHESS 45 got a UK release on PYE INTERNATIONAL a label that has many gems on and "selfish one" is a 45 that on the UK release is a must have record for those people who love collecting, & a DEMO is very hard to get these days, however I'm one of the lucky ones who only paid.......peanuts, KTF BROTHERS & SISTERS, ENJOY.

My DEMO plus a Dutch pic cover & "jerk & twine" only a issue but well worth getting for both sides, KTF DAVE K.

jackie ross selfish one.jpg

jerk & twine JR.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, dthedrug said:

:hatsoff2:HI ALL...I thought the week should start with a classic, Played at the Wheel, Jackie Ross make many records but this CHESS 45 got a UK release on PYE INTERNATIONAL a label that has many gems on and "selfish one" is a 45 that on the UK release is a must have record for those people who love collecting, & a DEMO is very hard to get these days, however I'm one of the lucky ones who only paid.......peanuts, KTF BROTHERS & SISTERS, ENJOY.

My DEMO plus a Dutch pic cover & "jerk & twine" only a issue but well worth getting for both sides, KTF DAVE K.

jackie ross selfish one.jpg

jerk & twine JR.jpg

Hello Dave mate. Nice record - I've one of these somewhere. Nice mid tempo. 

Pete

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Here we go with another of my Cleethorpes Spins from the WONDERFUL Willie Tee aimed fair and squarely at the Dance Floor.

Another album only track from 1976 called" I can feel it" from the 'Anticipation' (United Artist LP) and it will not cost you a fortune but i'm very surprised how

many people not aware of this track when i play it out, Another  very nice mid tempo track called Come to me on here too,  hope you enjoy , as always comments very welcome, Enjoy!

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Up vote 2
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Well, thought i would put another tune up before i go out and do a spot of gardening :( From the earl 60's this time and another album track, hope you enjoy.

From the Nina Simone Album I put a spell on you (USA Philips) we have 'Take Care Of Business"......NICE!.....   Enjoy :yes:

Social source share

2 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Well, thought i would put another tune up before i go out and do a spot of gardening :( From the earl 60's this time and another album track, hope you enjoy.

From the Nina Simone Album I put a spell on you (USA Philips) we have 'Take Care Of Business"......NICE!.....   Enjoy :yes:

Rick

WOW!!This is brilliant,new to me but loved it straight away :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

40 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

LP track from me as well today.From the "Back To Stay" LP which I bought for the brilliant "Fair Warnin'" track but found this great little number on there as well.

Leon Haywood - Show Me How You Care

Thanks for that Martyn, nice of you to take the time to make a comment as i like to try and  find some thing from my collection a bit different rather than banging up any old oldie, She's a bit Special isn't she ?, still performing nearly up  to the end, did so much for Black Music and the Causes of Black/White People. Nice choice that from leon by the way, he has made some nice soul sides and that is just one of them, shame he gets a bit of a  hard time as a Disco artist??  but we know there is a bit more to the man than that.

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Well decided to put another up today which again was a purchase from Gary S back in the day, got so many great tunes off that guy.

Rare LP with a withdrawn record sleeve, naughty but nice :wicked: It is by 'The Cult' on Starburst Records (USA), The track is called 'It's Time'

from the album 'The Mail Must Get Through' one of those tracks that gets under your skin after a few spins, Nice! :yes:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Sorting some oldies out & this brought memories of Alan Rhodes playing this at Oval Ball in York (78/79-ish)

(Don't play the 12" as it's really disco?)

Cissy Houston-Think It Over Private Stock

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

12 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Sorting some oldies out & this brought memories of Alan Rhodes playing this at Oval Ball in York (78/79-ish)

(Don't play the 12" as it's really disco?)

Cissy Houston-Think It Over Private Stock

Bloody 'ell Martyn you'll be wearing plastic sandals soon lol ! trust you're well matey 

Social source share

4 hours ago, Kev John said:

Hi Martyn 

1st played @ The Mecca 

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Kev

From memory which is well & truly shot I thought RS was supposed to have the only one in the country when he first played it???But it wouldn't surprise me that it was first played at the Mecca :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Just now, hullsoul said:

Kev

Strange innit?I'll have played this when I first got it & dismissed it after 30 secs but today it sounds better then OK

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn always liked the flip from when i first heard it bought of Rob Smith many years ago mint vinyl copy & i can't remember how much i payed but it must have been under a tenner :huh:

Atb Kev 

Social source share

1 hour ago, SWIFTY said:

Loving this version at the minute , tin hat on ! :excl:

Swifty:thumbsup:

Swifty

I'm coming round to put your windows in!!!! :DNot bad actually,is it a recent re-mix??

Tell you what I am hearing out a bit is a female version which I assume is a recent release,the young un's seem to love it (they don't come with all our baggage,

lucky them :lol:)

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

1 minute ago, Kev John said:

Martyn always liked the flip from when i first heard it bought of Rob Smith many years ago mint vinyl copy & i can't remember how much i payed but it must have been under a tenner :huh:

Atb Kev 

Kev

Paid less then a tenner for mine way back,still sounds the biz to me.

Cheers

Martyn

• Thanks 1
Social source share

On 29/07/2017 at 16:03, RICK SCOTT said:

Well here we go for another delve into my LP record collection with a track from Rahni Harris & his Family Love ( Emprise Records USA)

From the year of 1977 i give you "SYNCOPATED LOVE" Beautiful song, Hope you enjoy, Rick.  :yes:

Lovely that Rick, only knew him for Six Million Steps - need to look out for the LP

Social source share