SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

Having temporarily got my record room back, I put myself a play list of old favourites, together yesterday.

This one is from the "At Last" Blue Note album that I bought as an import in 1989, for £8.99 , during my rather

foolish indi-soul phase. Nevertheless a great track in my book , from an album that you can probably pick up for

less that a fiver these days, well that's inflation for ya.

Lou Rawls You can't go home Blue Note - featuring George Benson

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Mick Sway said:

Having temporarily got my record room back, I put myself a play list of old favourites, together yesterday.

This one is from the "At Last" Blue Note album that I bought as an import in 1989, for £8.99 , during my rather

foolish indi-soul phase. Nevertheless a great track in my book , from an album that you can probably pick up for

Mick

New to me this,really like it :thumbup:

Likes a monologue doesn't he :lol: At the start before it breaks into the full tune reminds me of "Dead End Street"?

Cheers

Martyn

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, hullsoul said:

Mick

New to me this,really like it :thumbup:

Likes a monologue doesn't he :lol: At the start before it breaks into the full tune reminds me of "Dead End Street"?

Cheers

Martyn

Yep and that's a cracker too.

He also did the great intro to; "let's clean up the ghetto".

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Here is a strange one i have had since the very late 60's,  My Darling - Instrumental, often wondered if there was a vocal to this?

This is the only video i could find so apologies for the poor sound quality on it, one of those that sounds great out on a good sound system,  I love records with vibes on Them, Nice. :yes: This is on the "B" side of "Please let me help you"  by Diane Lewis on Love Records and is The Funk Brothers although they are uncredited. Cheap as chips too. :thumbsup:

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Morning John.

Hope you are enjoying your Bank Holliday and thanks for the JB ( The Man ) TUNE, so staying in that Theme an old spin of mine ( Cleethorpes, What Else? ) From 1975 from the one and only Dennis Coffey, Taken from the Westbound LP "Finger licking' Good". Crank up the volume And Enjoy! :yes:

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 18:25, hullsoul said:

Bruv

If memory serves me correctly it was supposed to be LP only when it was played at Wigan?Still a great dancer :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

:hatsoff2:HI Martyn I remember this is one of those 45s that haunts me to this day, WHY? for a couple of years in the Mid-8t's, my very good friend Mick Smith had this in one of his sales boxes, every time he went to Walsall Town Hall Record Fair & like clockwork I never bought it,  So what's my point I hear you mutter, Well it was a UK blank Atlantic Demo Label, I assumed wrongly that he would lower his asking price from £5 to £3 Just for me, what a big gaff, never seen another copy

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 08:10, Bruv said:

Special track for me my first ever record buy which got me interested in Northern Soul/Soul music a passion which as never gone away. :yes:  :hatsoff2: 

NICE ONE, Just for your info, I remember Mick Smith bringing this back from the States, I loved it, however it bombed at BLACKPOOL MECCA??

• Up vote 1
Social source share

14 minutes ago, dthedrug said:

NICE ONE, Just for your info, I remember Mick Smith bringing this back from the States, I loved it, however it bombed at BLACKPOOL MECCA??

Thanks Dave, it's a huge favourite of mine, Marilyn McCoo at her best. :)  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Bruv said:

:) I've given up on trying to get Terry Callier - Ordinary Joe on a 45 so I have bought the Occasional Rain Album, job done! :)  

It's been on my wants list for years, but what can you do? So many records, so little money!

Last time I almost bought it I opted for "What color is Love" instead... A fantastic album, with this amazing and epic song....

• Up vote 1
Social source share

17 hours ago, Bruv said:

:) I've given up on trying to get Terry Callier - Ordinary Joe on a 45 so I have bought the Occasional Rain Album, job done! :)  

The album version is the best of quite a few different mixes Bruv. I have the Turn You To Love album.

pete

Social source share

On 8/26/2017 at 17:11, Mick Sway said:

sorry pressed down vote by mistake, up vote from me, Rick

Edited by RICK SCOTT
spelling error
Social source share

9 hours ago, Jimmy Disco D said:

It's been on my wants list for years, but what can you do? So many records, so little money!

Last time I almost bought it I opted for "What color is Love" instead... A fantastic album, with this amazing and epic song....

Nice choice there Jimmy, great stuff.... :hatsoff2: 

Social source share

6 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Then there was this, a couple of years or so after Terry, Different strokes for different folks Eh? Nice. :yes:

Rick

Just beat me to it :lol:Play this out & 99.9% of the people in the room couldn't tell the difference between this & TC..........me included?

Cheers

Martyn

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Not posted for a bit but found this on another thread - completely new to me, so I bought one. I may have had a few drinks when I played this but I reckon someone could hammer this on the current scene. If they haven't already. 

Robert Knight - The Outsider

Edit - I think the file is corrupted, Doh!

Edited by Peter99
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

11 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Not posted for a bit but found this on another thread - completely new to me, so I bought one. I may have had a few drinks when I played this but I reckon someone could hammer this on the current scene. If they haven't already. 

Robert Knight - The Outsider

Edit - I think the file is corrupted, Doh!

How Do Pete 

Great record i've had the US Demo & sold it 

Then got British Demo & Issue still got now 

1st heard it in Blackpool :)

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Patto said:

Your right Martyn . Mine is a Demo and i have personally never seen an issue.

Patto

First time i remember hearing that tune played out it nearly ended up in a punch -up.!!!!!!I asked someone who was the dj playing the tune ....."Chris Morgan " was his reply ! No you dickhead not the singer ......the dj ???!! Chris Morgan etc etc ....you get the picture !!!!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Hi everyone, here is Another one from The "Cleethorpes Winter Gardens"  And Maybe a spin or two at the "Pier" One i bought off a couple of lads from Lincoln who's mum if my memory serves me right found it in a local book shop she worked in, "The Walk Will Do You Good" by The Rainbow People A nice PYE Acetate which i think i paid £8 for, Very rare and hard to come by, Used to spin this alongside things like "You've Been Cheating" The AppleJacks (CBS Demo)  Even Nev Wherry was well impressed,Enjoy, Rick :yes:

Edited by RICK SCOTT
spelling correction and additional info
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Bit of 7ts Funk soul from me today of a sought after UK  LP 

JM has just put up an original press on his auction site 

Luckily i found an original 1 a few years back the lp is full of goodies i'll never sell it either 

100% Pure Poison - Hole In My Shoes - EMI Coming Right At You LP/UK

• Up vote 3
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Bit of 7ts Funk soul from me today of a sought after UK  LP 

JM has just put up an original press on his auction site 

Luckily i found an original 1 a few years back the lp is full of goodies i'll never sell it either 

100% Pure Poison - Hole In My Shoes - EMI Coming Right At You LP/UK

Nice! Always liked Windy C but I haven't heard the rest of the LP.

Here's one of my favourites from that era - is it funk, disco, soul? Probably all of them, but it's getting a lot of plays in my house whatever.....

• Up vote 2
Social source share